Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which ghetto would you live in?
Los Angeles 106 20.66%
Oakland 37 7.21%
Houston 43 8.38%
Chicago 51 9.94%
Atlanta 35 6.82%
Miami 46 8.97%
Philadelphia 48 9.36%
Cleveland 12 2.34%
Baltimore 23 4.48%
Washington, D.C. 30 5.85%
NYC 140 27.29%
Buffalo 36 7.02%
Detroit 21 4.09%
St. Louis 14 2.73%
New Orleans 30 5.85%
El Paso 42 8.19%
Other-(Must be bad. Not like Seattle or Portland or similar.) 46 8.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 513. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 08:40 PM

638 posts, read 978,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilPhil_ View Post
EAST COAST NewYork is dead the baddest outta every city in america, and na just cause we dont have the highest crime rate dont mean is the baddest... I know *****s that keep their homicides low... No snitching out there buddy... If u were to live around here in NY?? u would of seen things u never saw in L.A... Since NYC the biggest city, hands down... the more crime they have, and easy to get away with... The city is too big for all them cops to be chasing *****s everywhere, alot goes down on the block, corner bodega at night... Is crazy out there son, IF or whoever from NEWYORK u dead ass know the meaning of "STRUGGLE"... Living in the Ghetto Slums of NewYork ain't easy... Urban Decay, Graffiti Suburbs, Abandoned Housing Projects, Old, Rusty, Filthy Apartments, Side Walk filled with gums etc, Underground subways lookin all old, and filthy... Man, NYC ain't L.A kuz... U surrounded by Dirty Grounds around here b...

but still...NYC ghettos are a lot prettier than the southern ghettos like Memphis, Little Rock, New Orleans, Birmingham, and Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 10:21 PM

261 posts, read 418,100 times
El Paso, because it is probably the safest of all the cities listed.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:09 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,744,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow- View Post
but still...NYC ghettos are a lot prettier than the southern ghettos like Memphis, Little Rock, New Orleans, Birmingham, and Atlanta.
Hard to say this looks ugly
http://goo.gl/maps/9R3f9

Old 03-20-2014, 06:21 PM

1,512 posts, read 2,363,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilPhil_ View Post
EAST COAST NewYork is dead the baddest outta every city in america, and na just cause we dont have the highest crime rate dont mean is the baddest... I know *****s that keep their homicides low... No snitching out there buddy... If u were to live around here in NY?? u would of seen things u never saw in L.A... Since NYC the biggest city, hands down... the more crime they have, and easy to get away with... The city is too big for all them cops to be chasing *****s everywhere, alot goes down on the block, corner bodega at night... Is crazy out there son, IF or whoever from NEWYORK u dead ass know the meaning of "STRUGGLE"... Living in the Ghetto Slums of NewYork ain't easy... Urban Decay, Graffiti Suburbs, Abandoned Housing Projects, Old, Rusty, Filthy Apartments, Side Walk filled with gums etc, Underground subways lookin all old, and filthy... Man, NYC ain't L.A kuz... U surrounded by Dirty Grounds around here b...
Did you travel back in time, lived in 1980s NYC, and then came back to type this inane post?

Old 03-20-2014, 06:59 PM

638 posts, read 978,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Hard to say this looks ugly
http://goo.gl/maps/9R3f9

but still...NYC GHETTOS are a lot prettier than the southern GHETTOS of Memphis, Little Rock, New Orleans, Birmingham, and Atlanta.

Old 03-20-2014, 07:07 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,409,105 times
If I had to live in a ghetto it would be NYC only because things happen in our ghetto and they are vibrant with energy.

Drove down to Camden, and the ghettos out there look miserable, and empty and most of the people on the streets looked stereotypical.

NYC block parties, hot girls walking in groups. The homies talking about the pop at club buzz from the night before. Gets no better then that and then you got all the homies in the hoods of all the borough repping their borough hard.

Other ghettos I would live in? Philly. Philly live as well.

Ghettos I wouldn't live in? Pretty much nah ghetto in the south or in a small town.

West coat ghettos cool except LA. I'd live in Oakland no worries.

All you posters picking hoods because of crime rates have never been to the hood and only read news papers.

Old 01-03-2018, 01:37 PM

343 posts, read 306,782 times
El Paso or San Antonio for sure. Even the worst neighborhoods are not bad at all.

Old 01-03-2018, 11:54 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,478,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
If I had to live in a ghetto it would be NYC only because things happen in our ghetto and they are vibrant with energy.

Drove down to Camden, and the ghettos out there look miserable, and empty and most of the people on the streets looked stereotypical.

NYC block parties, hot girls walking in groups. The homies talking about the pop at club buzz from the night before. Gets no better then that and then you got all the homies in the hoods of all the borough repping their borough hard.

Other ghettos I would live in? Philly. Philly live as well.

Ghettos I wouldn't live in? Pretty much nah ghetto in the south or in a small town.

West coat ghettos cool except LA. I'd live in Oakland no worries.

All you posters picking hoods because of crime rates have never been to the hood and only read news papers.
Club Buzz that used to be on Empire Blvd? Does that really count as the hood anymore?

Old 01-03-2018, 11:56 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,478,550 times
Definitely New York, because in many cases the hood is just a subway stop or 2 from somewhere better. Or the hood itself might be vibrant enough.

And many of the hood areas in NYC have energy, like another post said.

Old 01-04-2018, 08:09 AM

17,166 posts, read 15,373,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Definitely New York, because in many cases the hood is just a subway stop or 2 from somewhere better. Or the hood itself might be vibrant enough.

And many of the hood areas in NYC have energy, like another post said.
Exactly... I'd like for someone to define a NYC ghetto...
South Jamaica has a reputation for being ghetto, but then St-Albans is part of it, and is perfectly fine. Some people refer to Ozone Park as being ghetto, but yet again, it's such a melting pot that it is what you make it. I routinely go to both those areas, as well as Brownsville when visiting, and never feel intimidated or out of place.
The same can't be said for the distinct ghettos of cities such as Nashville, Orlando, LA, parts of Detroit, Camden, etc. Those have distinct areas where a non-stereotypical hoodlum will stick out like a sore thumb.
So really, does NYC even HAVE an actual GHETTO per say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City