Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2019, 10:57 AM

5,841 posts, read 5,645,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
That was 1 outlier year! Jackson's rate have been higher than the Rich , Jackson been going hard than most of these cities, You can't be slippin on the West/South/Northside, you just don't know Murk.....LoL. I posted that higher rate pissing contest as what it is...shallow comparison diatribe the internet adore so closely.

Overall, You hit the nail on the head. Same stuff, different locale. Same attitudes, drama, fallouts with the same resulting tragedies. I mentioned before in regards to Chicago and this can be applied nationwide; we're basically keeping track of cycles of retailations/arguments (plurality or more) involving the same parties from previous years.
Bro, Jackson had a lower homicide and violent crime rate than Richmond in the 2000s....the 1990s....the 1980s...and I dont know Jackson's history in the '70s or '60s but I'd be willing to bet Jackson was lower then, too...

Richmond, Virginia, historically is on the short list of most dangerous cities in American history. As in ten most dangerous cities of size (not comparing Richmond to some downtrodden suburb like Compton or East St Louis)...

Jackson, which never had a low crime rate, has entered an era similar to Baltimore and Birmingham (two more cities that are historically lower murder rate than Rich), this era has become the worst era for violence in those cities history. You can look at this as an outlier decade for Richmond; I prefer to look at it as a long time coming---->cities like Richmond, New Orleans, DC, Detroit, Newark, are experiencing their safest decades in many years, and in Rich's case, its safest decade ever. While the culture of violence and murder is present to a degree countrywide, the level of violence and carnage Richmond put out in the preceding four to five decades was at a much more dramatic level than Jackson ever had, until the 2010s...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 12:58 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,107,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Bro, Jackson had a lower homicide and violent crime rate than Richmond in the 2000s....the 1990s....the 1980s...and I dont know Jackson's history in the '70s or '60s but I'd be willing to bet Jackson was lower then, too...

Richmond, Virginia, historically is on the short list of most dangerous cities in American history. As in ten most dangerous cities of size (not comparing Richmond to some downtrodden suburb like Compton or East St Louis)...

Jackson, which never had a low crime rate, has entered an era similar to Baltimore and Birmingham (two more cities that are historically lower murder rate than Rich), this era has become the worst era for violence in those cities history. You can look at this as an outlier decade for Richmond; I prefer to look at it as a long time coming---->cities like Richmond, New Orleans, DC, Detroit, Newark, are experiencing their safest decades in many years, and in Rich's case, its safest decade ever. While the culture of violence and murder is present to a degree countrywide, the level of violence and carnage Richmond put out in the preceding four to five decades was at a much more dramatic level than Jackson ever had, until the 2010s...
LoL, i was just throwing out that statement for fun. On a stastical note, outlier year(s) of a decade that Jackson's homicide rate was higher than Richmond would be 1981, 1995 Jackson to 1999 Richmond, & 2008 - 2009. 70s and prior i only have a glimpse of the late 70s Jackson in which it the rate was in the mid 20s ( 1979 - 27).
Attached Thumbnails
City and Metro homicides 2019-ck2sz3j5pnayrdidxlhulknjfa.png.jpg  

Old 07-26-2019, 02:09 PM

914 posts, read 1,088,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoNgFooCj View Post
One word. Trump. Since 2015 Chicago is the Republican Party's go-to "proof" that democrats can't run a city. They could've pointed at any of those cities and said the same thing. Everyone seemed to forget about Baltimore a few months after the Freddie Gray riots, and that poor city needs the county's attention. St Louis too.

I get so helplessly irritated everytime on youtube I see a video about Chicago and people are like "oh, chicago is so bad,prayers for chicago, they go through so much, I hope it gets better they deserve it", that's the only city that gets attention now and funny enough, people on the left are taking the right's bait and believe Chicago is as bad as they say it is. It sounds like a political tactic honestly.

Chicago is a world-class city that is peers with Milan and Osaka, the current focus is mostly on raw numbers and not murder rate (they know it doesn't stack up), but I think it's worth dialogue anyway. I personally didn't think I'd ever see a city get ~750 murders in a year in my lifetime, I thought those days were far behind me...but only a city with a high population as Chicago could do it, and the focus is that; Chicago being that one city that is capable of pulling such a high number. Which leads to questioning...why? None of our cities should be capable of this anymore...

Chicago is the only city that tallies 50+ people shot in a single weekend, and you know the media loves gargantuan numbers to induce public reaction, not statistical breakdowns; don't give them the ammo!...

LA and NYC had horrific circumstances that were very difficult and seemingly irreparable at that time, suffering gang and drug epidemic in proportions the world may never see of a 1st world global city again, yet managed to achieve murder rates that hangs out with the likes of Austin and Portland. Whether Chicago wants to behave as such or not, they are a huge representation of American soil. Not Baltimore. Not St. Louis. All this "b-b-but Atlanta, b-b-but what about Philadelphia" ain't gonna cut it, fam. Chicago's violence levels conflict strongly with its impact levels. Even before the spike, 15/100k is still too high for a city of its size and stature. They will use Chicago as the prime example of American gun violence, if there wasn't already a random mass shooting somewhere...

I also seen some posts saying why DC doesn't get this attention when it's more dangerous. Firstly, it's not all that much more dangerous in reality, but the real answer is that it's simply had a bigger improvement curve than Chicago. Nowadays DC rates and Chicago's are similar, with DC having the lowest dip at 13/100k and Chicago with the highest peak at 28/100k--but the paradigm in DC's case is that it's far better than what it usually endured; it's the "safe" era. In the 90's, it was DC getting the most attention as the nation's capital, but also being the murder capital. Why? It was well deserved! Can't have such a influential and powerful positition in the most influential and powerful nation in the world, and have a damn murder rate of ~70/100k or some crazy nonsense--for 7 years straight. DC's reduction is drastic in relativity and is considered one of the greatest achievements in the criminal justice system.

As with Chicago, its 2016 number was the highest since 1997, 2017 was highest since 2002. It's just now barely returned to normal this year. Aside from this year which is looking bad, none of DC"s totals from this decade even compares to its late 00's counts, let alone early 00's. If DC ever had a murder rate today that compares to 1997, it'll look a little something like: "DC returning to its Murder Capital ways?" "DC reliving its dark past, highest murder total since in over 20 years" "Is our Nation's Capital turning into a warzone?". blablabla. They'll have a nice meal with that one, so don't think people are just singling out Chicago to be petty, it just means they actually give a damn.

Old 07-26-2019, 04:17 PM

2,599 posts, read 4,664,321 times
Default boredatwork

The thing about DC in the early 2000s is when they starting pushing folks into PG county. Although DC rates started going down, PG's rates went up. The area between SE/NE DC and inner beltway PG would always see almost 250 a year in an area about 400-500k ppl.

2000 DC-246/ PG-72
2001 DC-233/ PG- 109
2002 DC- 262/ PG- 141
2003 DC- 245/ PG- 135
2004 DC- 200/ PG- 146
2005 DC- 196/ PG- 164
2006 DC- 166/ PG- 130
2007 DC- 180/ PG- 141
2008 DC- 188/ PG- 122

Obama came in....
2009 DC- 143/ PG - 96

2000 Baltimore city - 261/ Balt county -33
2001 Baltimore city- 256 / Balt. County- 31
2002 Baltimore city- 253/ Balt County- 29
2003 Baltimore city- 270/ Balt County- 31
2004 Baltimore city- 276/ Balt County- 29
2005 Baltimore city- 269/ Balt County- 40
2006 Baltimore city- 276/ Balt County- 35
2007 Baltimore city- 282/ Balt County- 36
2008 Baltimore city- 234/ Balt County- 31
2009 Baltimore city- 238/ Balt County- 32

Baltimore was getting somewhere in 2014 at 211 then Freddy Grey happened and bam 344 in 2015 while Balt County went from 24 in 2014 to 32 in 2015.

Old 07-26-2019, 06:08 PM

553 posts, read 410,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg2014 View Post
If you want to go by city, LA's peak murder rate in history was still higher than Chicago's.
L.A.'s peak murder rate was 34.2 in 1980, Chicago's was 34 in 1992. I don't think .2 is enough to justify what you're implying.

Quote:
LA has historically been worse than Chicago. City too but especially the overall metro area. A lot worse.
There has never been a period in history where L.A. was more than doubling the homicides in Chicago like we see Chicago doing compared to L.A. over the last however long. When I look through the numbers from the 1970's to 2018 that I can find they basically traded back and forth through the years which city had signifcantly more murders than the other. I didn't see L.A. numbers from the 50's and 60's but Chicago was over 500 starting in '66.

Also historically speaking, Chicago had organized and structured gangs long before L.A. and Chicago Mobs are much bigger.

Quote:
Additionally, Compton, Inglewood, East LA, Long Beach, all not in the City of LA. When people think of LA hoods most of what they think of is LA County not LA City. That's why I mentioned LA County, which peaked at 2,589 homicides with 9 million people while the Chicago metro area is 9.5 million and doesn't even crack 1,000 homicides.
I don't know what to tell you bro. There's different geography and demographics. Wisconsin and Indiana are in Chicago's Metro. It's a bunch of small suburbs that don't gang bang like that. Like I said, outside of Gary there's never been much happening. Although Gary's murder rate was far higher than Compton or Inglewood.

Quote:
Chicago gang members also get away with more. They're constantly let back out on the streets. In LA between the crackdowns and gang injunctions you can't get away with half of what these Chicago dudes do. And the LA County Jail is the biggest jail system in the world so I don't know what you're talking about saying there's a "way bigger jail in Chicago."
You are right on the jail, Cook County is the largest "single site" jail. That's my bad. Chicago does have about 2,000 more uniformed police though.

As for "gang members getting away with more" in Chicago I don't know what to tell you. You're talking about people that pull up and spray the block on camera without masks then might even make a post on the internet or make a song about it so I don't think your gang injunctions would have the same effect you think it had on L.A.'s bangin'. The next generation would keep rockin with it not scared to get locked up for gang activity obviously. If you're willing to blow at a crowd I don't think some sentence enhancements would change the mindset bro.

Quote:
LA rappers during the gangster rap era couldn't film in their bedrooms and post music on Youtube. They had to go through a label like Death Row which was basically a mob.
They can do it now, where all these killers at?

Quote:
I'm not impressed with those Chicago rappers. They flash guns, film in their bedroom all the time. So what lol. When it comes down to it I see them record themselves on their camera phones, skinny jeans and all, fighting like girls (Rico Recklezz). Or cowering down in a confrontation (600Breezy).
There's some very talented rappers in Chicago and there's some lame ones. It doesn't matter if you're impressed with them or not cause either way, collectively they are the realest "rappers" you are ever going to see cause Drill and Gang are the same.

600 Breezy didn't cower down, he had a couple dudes get at him and they talked it out. In Chicago that probably woulda went down very different. Breezy is really B.D. and 600 got a bunch of rappers dead and locked up for murder. Rondo and L.A. were about to be super big. Memo600 just got shot a couple weeks ago. Rico is a troll but he's really bout that life, he's dissed everybody in Chicago and is still breathing.

I wasn't impressed with Game, he didn't want no smoke with Durk who's 160 pounds cause he knew what was up. The same Durk that got an active attempt case for shooting a dude in Atlanta and Durk wasn't even trying to be a savage. He was on his money and escaping Chicago's violence and still shot dude up. How many people Game out here shootin? Isn't Game a "gangster rapper?" Triple OG Blood or whatever you guys call a big homie. Same dude who was clowning 40Glocc while filming himself fighting so he ain't above it all. He got checked for dropping Chicago names and never said another word.

Quote:
Imagine Pac or anyone from Death Row fighting like girls with helicopter arms and skinny jeans or cowering down and getting their manhood taken? Lol. But you think LA was the goofies? Ok now you're just talking just to talk
???

Pac was doing the Humpty Dance bro. Don't act like he was some born savage. He got on that Blood sh1t cause he signed with Death Row and was false flagging for real. Them Death Row (MOB) Bloods have given interviews on that whole situation. Pac and Suge turned gangster overnight and the Bloods were getting paid and played by Suge who got knocked out on camera then ran over his "friend" running from a confrontation. Dre was cross dressing for photos, Snoop has one of the the worst fashion senses out there and still wearing jersey's like it's 1994, he's a straight brewfurd that wouldn't ever slide on no one yet he's Chief Crip.

Suge was straight up B1tch slapping rappers at Death Row and these Crip rappers wasn't getting paid right and all this beef through them years had everyone go their own way all hating on eachother and dissing in songs but not one body from the whole situation. Suge took every rapper from Death Row and a Blood set's "manhood" and the only body was a hit n run by Suge. He was handing out cars then taking 'em back, telling cats he don't owe them nothin' for verses and what not...One man had the whole city terrified. Please don't compare this to Drill. More rappers got shot over a lot less this month in Chicago.

Lastly, dudes in Dickies, Chucks, wife beaters and wallet chains looks goofy as hell so you critiquing Chicago fashion is too funny.

Last edited by IronWright; 07-26-2019 at 07:37 PM..

Old 07-26-2019, 08:11 PM

5,841 posts, read 5,645,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
LoL, i was just throwing out that statement for fun. On a stastical note, outlier year(s) of a decade that Jackson's homicide rate was higher than Richmond would be 1981, 1995 Jackson to 1999 Richmond, & 2008 - 2009. 70s and prior i only have a glimpse of the late 70s Jackson in which it the rate was in the mid 20s ( 1979 - 27).
Damn Reef you're making this too easy, you're still my boy though lol:

1. How many murders did Jackson have in 1981? Richmond had 51 which was a murder rate of roughly 23.39 per 100k...

2. I can't find any data on Jackson homicide statistics before 1990, but from 1990 on, Jackson didn't have a higher homicide rate than Richmond in a single year until 2008---->and most years, it wasn't even close...

Look at it like this. Jackson has never had 100 murders--->Richmond had over 100 for 10 straight years from 1988 to 1997...Jackson has only hit 90 murders twice, in '94 and '95, including the 10 straight years over 100, Richmond has cleared 90 murders four more times...

Jackson had its highest murder rate ever in 2018, roughly 51.22. Richmond averaged an annual murder rate of 57.5 in the 90s...Richmond is one of the few sizable cities that has hit 80 murders per 100k in a single year (1994). Jackson has only hit 50/100 once, just last year...

Jackson has hit 40/100k four times since 1990. Richmond did that 12 times from 1990 on, which is all the more remarkable considering Rich hasn't done it since 2005...

All in all, if we are measuring how prolific the body counts have been in a city's history, few cities are on Richmond's level, and Jackson ain't one of them. Jackson has had a higher murder rate than Rich every year since 2008, but to me, that says more about Richmond. At its worst, it was SIGNIFICANTLY worse than Jackson, so it had a longer climb to get where it is now...

Jackson is a violent city, particular in this era, but its murder rate in this era is lower than Richmond's in the 2000s, and is not really comparable to Richmond in the most violent eras of American history...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWright View Post
L.A.'s peak murder rate was 34.2 in 1980, Chicago's was 34 in 1992. I don't think .2 is enough to justify what you're implying.

There has never been a period in history where L.A. was more than doubling the homicides in Chicago like we see Chicago doing compared to L.A. over the last however long. When I look through the numbers from the 1970's to 2018 that I can find they basically traded back and forth through the years which city had signifcantly more murders than the other. I didn't see L.A. numbers from the 50's and 60's but Chicago was over 500 starting in '66.

Also historically speaking, Chicago had organized and structured gangs long before L.A. and Chicago Mobs are much bigger.

I don't know what to tell you bro. There's different geography and demographics. Wisconsin and Indiana are in Chicago's Metro. It's a bunch of small suburbs that don't gang bang like that. Like I said, outside of Gary there's never been much happening. Although Gary's murder rate was far higher than Compton or Inglewood.

You are right on the jail, Cook County is the largest "single site" jail. That's my bad. Chicago does have about 2,000 more uniformed police though.

As for "gang members getting away with more" in Chicago I don't know what to tell you. You're talking about people that pull up and spray the block on camera without masks then might even make a post on the internet or make a song about it so I don't think your gang injunctions would have the same effect you think it had on L.A.'s bangin'. The next generation would keep rockin with it not scared to get locked up for gang activity obviously. If you're willing to blow at a crowd I don't think some sentence enhancements would change the mindset bro.

They can do it now, where all these killers at?

There's some very talented rappers in Chicago and there's some lame ones. It doesn't matter if you're impressed with them or not cause either way, collectively they are the realest "rappers" you are ever going to see cause Drill and Gang are the same.

600 Breezy didn't cower down, he had a couple dudes get at him and they talked it out. In Chicago that probably woulda went down very different. Breezy is really B.D. and 600 got a bunch of rappers dead and locked up for murder. Rondo and L.A. were about to be super big. Memo600 just got shot a couple weeks ago. Rico is a troll but he's really bout that life, he's dissed everybody in Chicago and is still breathing.

I wasn't impressed with Game, he didn't want no smoke with Durk who's 160 pounds cause he knew what was up. The same Durk that got an active attempt case for shooting a dude in Atlanta and Durk wasn't even trying to be a savage. He was on his money and escaping Chicago's violence and still shot dude up. How many people Game out here shootin? Isn't Game a "gangster rapper?" Triple OG Blood or whatever you guys call a big homie. Same dude who was clowning 40Glocc while filming himself fighting so he ain't above it all. He got checked for dropping Chicago names and never said another word.

???

Pac was doing the Humpty Dance bro. Don't act like he was some born savage. He got on that Blood sh1t cause he signed with Death Row and was false flagging for real. Them Death Row (MOB) Bloods have given interviews on that whole situation. Pac and Suge turned gangster overnight and the Bloods were getting paid and played by Suge who got knocked out on camera then ran over his "friend" running from a confrontation. Dre was cross dressing for photos, Snoop has one of the the worst fashion senses out there and still wearing jersey's like it's 1994, he's a straight brewfurd that wouldn't ever slide on no one yet he's Chief Crip.

Suge was straight up B1tch slapping rappers at Death Row and these Crip rappers wasn't getting paid right and all this beef through them years had everyone go their own way all hating on eachother and dissing in songs but not one body from the whole situation. Suge took every rapper from Death Row and a Blood set's "manhood" and the only body was a hit n run by Suge. He was handing out cars then taking 'em back, telling cats he don't owe them nothin' for verses and what not...One man had the whole city terrified. Please don't compare this to Drill. More rappers got shot over a lot less this month in Chicago.

Lastly, dudes in Dickies, Chucks, wife beaters and wallet chains looks goofy as hell so you critiquing Chicago fashion is too funny.
Bro, you're obviously misinformed about Bloods and Crips, probably shouldnt speak so authoritatively...

LA and Chicago are alot more similar than people think in regards to gang violence and culture and impact. You can call Cali culture goofy but that just sounds like insecurity, I can easily say you dudes look crazy worshipping stars and animals and symbolic drawings a third grader could draw. You guys have rule books that nobody adheres to anymore lmao. I just find it s little crazy that you think it's okay to talk about B and C culture without looking in your own mirror...

Old 07-27-2019, 02:05 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,107,822 times
Quote:
Damn Reef you're making this too easy, you're still my boy though lol:

1. How many murders did Jackson have in 1981? Richmond had 51 which was a murder rate of roughly 23.39 per 100k...

2. I can't find any data on Jackson homicide statistics before 1990, but from 1990 on, Jackson didn't have a higher homicide rate than Richmond in a single year until 2008---->and most years, it wasn't even close...

Look at it like this. Jackson has never had 100 murders--->Richmond had over 100 for 10 straight years from 1988 to 1997...Jackson has only hit 90 murders twice, in '94 and '95, including the 10 straight years over 100, Richmond has cleared 90 murders four more times...

Jackson had its highest murder rate ever in 2018, roughly 51.22. Richmond averaged an annual murder rate of 57.5 in the 90s...Richmond is one of the few sizable cities that has hit 80 murders per 100k in a single year (1994). Jackson has only hit 50/100 once, just last year...

Jackson has hit 40/100k four times since 1990. Richmond did that 12 times from 1990 on, which is all the more remarkable considering Rich hasn't done it since 2005...

All in all, if we are measuring how prolific the body counts have been in a city's history, few cities are on Richmond's level, and Jackson ain't one of them. Jackson has had a higher murder rate than Rich every year since 2008, but to me, that says more about Richmond. At its worst, it was SIGNIFICANTLY worse than Jackson, so it had a longer climb to get where it is now...

Jackson is a violent city, particular in this era, but its murder rate in this era is lower than Richmond's in the 2000s, and is not really comparable to Richmond in the most violent eras of American history...
It can't be helped that I dug myself into that hole, LoL.

1. I think Jackson had 50 homicides in 81 just under Richmond. I check both populations in 1980 and Richmond had around 12K more people than Jackson. I posted the graph of Jackson's homicide rate in my attachment in the previous post ( not certain if it displayed on your screen). Here's a link to it : http://www.wlbt.com/2019/01/09/jacks...AEn0rgqqkSfJx_

2. The link above goes back to the late 70s.Richmond's homicide rate dipped to 39 in 1998 according to this : http://chpn.net/2010/07/01/on-murder...j6Z0GJYa1s9NSL
Uniform Crime Reporting archives goes back to 1985 and additional digging of google books for the FBI UCR reports can turn up a few gems.

Fair assessment overall except Jackson hit 40/100k 6x ; 91, 93, 94, 95, 016, & 018. Jackson's rate have a seasaw effect compared to Richmond and have experience an uptick in the last half of the 010s. Going into the 020s will probably see it decline again into the low 20s/100K. Jackson had one of the highest rates among cities with 100K+ pop historically. It's not near the prolific scale of Richmond ( nor the other few top charters) yet still would be in top 20 ( Between 13th - 16th place).

Old 07-27-2019, 07:54 AM

832 posts, read 1,256,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Leaving Baton Rouge off for now, but even with their newspaper's totals, they're in the top 10 highest rate right now for sure similar to that of Detroit. Also I wish I could get a good read on Cleveland, but I can't. It's very possibly also in the top 10 of rate, also similar to that of Detroit.

* St. Louis: 104 | 34.34 per 100K
* Jackson, MS: 56 | 34.06 per 100K
* Baltimore: 186 | 30.87 per 100K
* Birmingham: 56 | 26.68 per 100K
* Detroit: 124 | 18.43 per 100K
* New Orleans: 66 | 16.88 per 100K
* Kansas City: 78 | 15.86 per 100K
* Memphis: 97 | 14.91 per 100K
* Richmond, VA: 31 | 13.55 per 100K
* Washington DC: 94 | 13.38 per 100K
* Little Rock: 24 | 12.13 per 100K
* Philadelphia: 182 | 11.49 per 100K
* Cincinnati: 33 | 10.91 per 100K
* Atlanta: 51 | 10.24 per 100K
* Newark, NJ: 28 | 9.93 per 100K
* Oakland: 42 | 9.79 per 100K
* Chicago: 262 | 9.68 per 100K
* Dallas: 119 | 8.85 per 100K
* Bakersfield: 33 | 8.6 per 100K
* Indianapolis: 74 | 8.53 per 100K
* Shreveport, LA: 16 | 8.47 per 100K
* Jacksonville: 73 | 8.08 per 100K
* Louisville: 49 | 7.9 per 100K
* Milwaukee: 46 | 7.77 per 100K
* Stockton, CA: 24 | 7.71 per 100K
* Greensboro, NC: 21 | 7.13 per 100K
* Pittsburgh: 21 | 6.98 per 100K
* Knoxville, TN: 13 | 6.93 per 100K
* Toledo: 19 | 6.91 per 100K
* Charlotte: 60 | 6.88 per 100K
* Tucson, AZ: 37 | 6.78 per 100K
* Tulsa: 27 | 6.74 per 100K (thru May)
* Norfolk, VA: 16 | 6.56 per 100K
* Cleveland: 25 | 6.51 per 100K
* Anchorage: 18 | 6.17 per 100K
* Columbus, OH: 55 | 6.16 per 100K
* Albuquerque: 32 | 5.71 per 100K
* Houston: 115 | 4.95 per 100K
* Ft. Lauderdale, FL: 9 | 4.93 per 100K
* Corpus Christi: 15 | 4.59 per 100K
* Ft. Wayne, IN: 12 | 4.48 per 100K
* Denver: 32 | 4.47 per 100K
* Winston-Salem, NC: 11 | 4.47 per 100K
* Minneapolis: 18 | 4.23 per 100K
* Virginia Beach: 19 | 4.22 per 100K
* St. Paul: 13 | 4.22 per 100K
* Phoenix: 68 | 4.1 per 100K
* Providence: 7 | 3.9 per 100K
* Wichita: 15 | 3.85 per 100K
* Fresno: 20 | 3.77 per 100K
* Lexington, KY: 12 | 3.71 per 100K
* Fort Worth, TX: 32 | 3.58 per 100K
* Orlando: 10 | 3.5 per 100K
* Raleigh: 16 | 3.41 per 100K
* Winnipeg: 24 | 3.4 per 100K
* Los Angeles: 134 | 3.36 per 100K
* Boston: 23 | 3.31 per 100K
* Las Vegas Metropolitan: 46 | 2.83 per 100K
* Modesto, CA: 6 | 2.79 per 100K
* Long Beach, CA: 13 | 2.78 per 100K
* San Antonio: 39 | 2.55 per 100K
* Portland: 15 | 2.3 per 100K
* San Jose: 21 | 2.04 per 100K
* San Francisco: 18 | 2.04 per 100K
* Austin: 19 | 1.97 per 100K
* New York City: 154 | 1.83 per 100K
* Oklahoma City: 11 | 1.69 per 100K
* Omaha: 6 | 1.28 per 100K
* Chesapeake, VA: 3 | 1.24 per 100K
* Toronto: 34 | 1.24 per 100K
* Lubbock, TX: 3 | 1.17 per 100K
* Anaheim, CA: 4 | 1.14 per 100K
* San Diego: 15 | 1.05 per 100K
* Santa Ana, CA: 3 | 0.9 per 100K
* Seattle: 6 | 0.81 per 100K
* Madison, WI: 2 | 0.78 per 100K
* Chula Vista, CA: 2 | 0.74 per 100K
* Montreal: 8 | 0.47 per 100K
* Honolulu (Oahu): 4 | 0.4 per 100K
* Lincoln, NE: 0 | 0 per 100K
* Plano, TX: 0 | 0 per 100K
Glad to see L.A is getting safer year after year

Old 07-27-2019, 11:57 AM

553 posts, read 410,559 times
Quote:
Bro, you're obviously misinformed about Bloods and Crips, probably shouldnt speak so authoritatively...

LA and Chicago are alot more similar than people think in regards to gang violence and culture and impact. You can call Cali culture goofy but that just sounds like insecurity, I can easily say you dudes look crazy worshipping stars and animals and symbolic drawings a third grader could draw. You guys have rule books that nobody adheres to anymore lmao. I just find it s little crazy that you think it's okay to talk about B and C culture without looking in your own mirror...

I said Chicago and L.A. may be similar but L.A. isn't "worse" period. I only spoke facts on Bloods and Crips. I've seen Bloods interviewed saying they ain't even like Pac claiming their hood and getting it tattoed. He never was Blood and never asked to get the tat or claim it but they let him anyway and Suge wasn't ever on the block and was a square until he started with the music after college then bought a bunch of Blood security. They said Suge was buying them cars and houses then was taking them back when he got mad and what not. He was rippin dudes off and not paying 'em for studio work etc. and nobody got at 'em. I also see rappers and singers just claim Blood or Crip out of thin air. That's why I said it's goofy bro, I told you before it isn't built on principles, laws and spirituality so anyone can be one and it's legit. NY took Bloods and Crips and mixed in Chicago symbols, literature and laws. It's Fu as hell but there out there reppin' it every day.

Chicago gangs were created with influence from ancient civilizations, Masonic and religious doctrine. That's why you see the symbols and colors that represent the man, the blood and earth etc. None of this is random bro, the traditions have been shaped by wise teachers and decades of war. For example the 5 pointed star represents the 5 highest principles that to be righteous you must live by. You learn knowledge of your higher and lower self and have sessions/temple to further your educational journey. There's a reason Stones throw the 5 with their right hand and never the left. There's a reason that they make a fist and come across the heart. That's why I told you before it's very easy to spot a false flagging Chicago gang member. Either you with it and have been taught the lessons or you ain't and you will do all kind of Fu sh1t and give yourself away.

I won't speak on this in depth but I'll tell you something like the Pyramid with 21 bricks represents the 21 gangs that formed the Main 21 alliance that was the foundation to the Nation with the crescent moon and star representing the Moorish descent and the struggle of black people. The bricks represenst the solid unity after years of bloodshed. That is history told through symbology for identity, communication & education. That's history right there, that came into existence from the desicions of founding members that shaped your nation so you better believe that pyramid holds the utmost importance to Stones and Mickey Cobras. This was a major event leading to the later creation of the Almighty People Nation. There are multiple symbols for every gang such as this and they all have these types of philosophical meanings.

Today's generation is mostly lawless but there are still Stones, Lords & B.D.'s that are righteous, the Latino mobs are mostly still in line with the structure. Don't get it twisted though, even these young renegades know their laws, literature and history. There are still alot of big homies on the streets that have loyal followings that are with the movement and beefing with the renegades and insanes trying to bring back the structure. Even still the gang philosphy is prevelant in Chicago and handed down generation to generation. Someone is going to ask you "what you caliming?" or "where you from?" and if you can't spit it or shake up you're going to get wrecked.

When these dudes go to jail they fall right back in line to nation rules and ain't no EBK/Brain Dead/Renegade/Insane/Kutthroat crews inside, they go right back to the 1970's.

I'll tell you another major difference, to join a Chicago gang is sacred and it involves ceremonies that include some lessons and prayers before they bless you in. That L.A. style beating someone in is really goofy, why would you want to put hands on a brother that is seeking to become righteous? This is the type of thing that would get you violated in Chicago.

So if rank, symbols, literature, laws, codes, mottos and philosophy is 'goofy' to you that's cool. But claiming somehwere you ain't even from and making gangs out of thin air is for real goofy. Red team vs. blue team is superficial bro. And Chicago was banging to the left/right way before L.A. I know you keep saying people that's supposed to know do know and all that and OT folks don't understand etc. etc. but bro, there just isn't the philosophy, literature and laws associated with L.A. gangs or the sanctioning of other sets starting up to keep everybody on their square and in line with the nations. That's why the Midwest & NY can take your sets and rewrite everything about them and make up all new culture but NY Latin Kings are representing the nation properly and answer to the Motherland Kings. Them NY G.D.s are Big Folks 7-4 til the world blow, PML, All is One etc. etc.

Old 07-27-2019, 01:42 PM

2,088 posts, read 1,976,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayo2k View Post
Glad to see L.A is getting safer year after year
Yeah, but unfortunately LA has had at least 5 more homicides in the last few days. An off duty LAPD cop was murdered early this AM at a taco stand by some gang bangers in Lincoln Heights.

Thursday some 20-something year-old in the West Valley murdered 4 people. First he killed his father and brother and shot his mother(last I heard was mother is still alive so far). Then he murdered some girl he apparently was obsessed with and wounded whoever she was with. Finally, he got on the Orange Line and then randomly murdered some poor guy as he got off at a stop. Police caught him during a manhunt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City