Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Atlanta vs Seattle
Atlanta 65 38.01%
Seattle 106 61.99%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 12:55 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,738,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Seattle and Atlanta both have two of the biggest suburban skylines in the country today. (Though to be exact, Buckhead is within Atlanta, while Bellevue is truly suburban.)

Bellevue across Lake Washington from Seattle is approaching square footage in cities like Portland, OR, and Sacramento, CA. Buckhead is also very strong in this category in the Southeast.
Yeah but Seattle's skyline is gorgeous. Cascades/Mt. Rainier to the east and Olympics/Sound to the west. I've lived up and down the east coast and have been to Atlanta. Nothing on the east coast even comes close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2019, 04:52 PM

2,856 posts, read 4,617,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roanoke2 View Post
I know these cities get compared a decent amount. They might be very different, however they are both popular destinations for young professionals. I wanted to do an updated 2019 poll to determine which is better overall. Some of the potential criteria includes the following

Downtown
Walkability
Skyline
Transportation car and public
Bars/ Restaurants
COL
QOL
Climate
Suburbs
Recreation
Scenery
Diversity
Economy
Where would you rather live?

Most people probably would choose Seattle to live.

Downtown: Seattle
Walkability: Seattle
Skyline: Seattle's view looks better, Atlanta's architecture looks better.
Transportation car and public: Seattle
Bars/ Restaurants: Atlanta
COL: Atlanta
QOL: Seattle
Climate: Atlanta
Suburbs: Atlanta
Recreation: Outdoors: Seattle Overall Activities: Atlanta
Scenery: too subjective
Diversity: Atlanta
Economy: Seattle's is performing better but Atlanta's is more diverse....

Old 07-25-2019, 08:33 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,240,802 times
Atlanta is missing the boating and beach culture. One of my favorite things about living in Seattle.

A few I snapped in Seattle.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:04 PM

23,527 posts, read 24,011,889 times
Seattle.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:59 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,343,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
Most people probably would choose Seattle to live.
Seattle in summer, Atlanta the rest of the year. I couldn't deal with the gray of Seattle the rest of the seasons. Now, Seattle with Atlanta's climate? Game changer.

Old 07-26-2019, 08:37 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,901,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
Atlanta is missing the boating and beach culture. One of my favorite things about living in Seattle.

A few I snapped in Seattle.
Seattle has water but please don't pretend it has some strong beach culture. How many days of year can anyone get in that frigid water without a wetsuit Thanks for making me laugh!

Old 07-26-2019, 09:02 AM

4,399 posts, read 4,288,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUMRE75 View Post
Seattle has water but please don't pretend it has some strong beach culture. How many days of year can anyone get in that frigid water without a wetsuit Thanks for making me laugh!
I was jus there and saw people in the water. It was come but some people can tolerate it.

Old 07-26-2019, 09:06 AM

8,858 posts, read 6,859,567 times
We can't get into much of that water even at the height of summer! For most of us, gotta have a wetsuit in Puget Sound, unless it's just your toes. Lake Washington is more ok in the summer.

The point of water here is more about views, especially since our hills give us stadium seating to look at it for a large percentage of the population. And it's weaved into many of our industries, transportation, etc. And a lot of people have boats.

Old 07-26-2019, 09:24 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,343,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
We can't get into much of that water even at the height of summer! For most of us, gotta have a wetsuit in Puget Sound, unless it's just your toes. Lake Washington is more ok in the summer.

The point of water here is more about views, especially since our hills give us stadium seating to look at it for a large percentage of the population. And it's weaved into many of our industries, transportation, etc. And a lot of people have boats.
Seattle has some of the best water views in the county, but I love being able to go in the water. I'd prefer the lakes around Atlanta that are swimmable. Also Atlanta isn't far from usable beaches on the Gulf Coast or its own state's Atlantic Coast beaches.

Old 07-26-2019, 12:13 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,240,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUMRE75 View Post
I lived in Seattle 12 years. I do not own a wetsuit. Every summer we swam and did beach activities at Alki Beach, Shiloh, along Lake Washington and even Green Lake. To think you can only enjoy Seattle beaches in a wetsuit is laughable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City