Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Charlotte or Nashville
Charlotte 76 51.70%
Nashville 71 48.30%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 01:32 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,910,477 times

Advertisements

I'll echo what others have said: slight edge to Nashville but Charlotte would suit you well also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2020, 11:24 PM

5,819 posts, read 5,622,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
I CANNOT Stand Cookie Cutter lol, it's why I have a problem with alot of Sunbelt/Texas cities... To me Nashville is a Better Sports City, ( I could care less about the Charlotte sports statistics being sprouted out here) the Support for the Preds is incredible and Nashville's Venues are situated in more vibrate areas. And Nashville's economy is more Diverse than Charlotte's finance ( I actually used to work in finance back in the day lol as a bank teller but that was years ago) . Charlotte is growing fast though, Both are good cities,. But for Me personally I would go with Nashville in a heartbeat over Charlotte
While I think Nashville is more naturally supportive of athletics, i don't know that I'd agree the venues are in more vibrant areas than Charlotte's. At worst this is a draw if location of venues is a consideration...

I would take Charlotte with no hesitation over Nashville, though I certainly appreciate Nashville. I know that country isn't the only music culture present in Nashville (duh), but it is very prevalent and pervasive and interwoven into the very cultural fabric of the city----->that's a no from me, dog...

Charlotte is also a bit more diverse than Nashvilie, both in actual ethnic and racial origins and more culturally diverse. That's a plus for me...

And the other thing is I just know Charlotte better and it fits my personality better. No issue with Nashville, but I'd take Charlotte; based on what the OP likes I think Nashville would suit him better but he should visit both...

Old 01-04-2020, 09:51 AM

10,055 posts, read 14,425,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
I agree, both do well. Charlotte a little better on the pro level and Nashville a bit better on the college level.

No lie, my youngest son and I were discussing that very thing; how out of the NFL, NBA, MLS, and NHL, Charlotte has 3 and Raleigh has 1 AND Nashville has 3 and Memphis has 1. Yet neither state has a MLB team yet. Even more similarities between Charlotte and Nashville, lol.
That is funny! It's true, unique facts similar to both states. LOL.

Also, I don't know if Charlotte does a little better on the pro level--I would argue for Nashville there.
The Panthers are considered slightly better on the whole than the Titans, although the Titans are doing pretty well this year and in the playoffs, and the Panthers are not.
While the Charlotte Hornets have been mediocre over the years at best. The Predators have gone to the postseason more than they have not.

I think with the NFL teams, Charlotte gets the edge, and NHL/NBA comparison, Nashville does. The future MLS team performances will have to break the tie.

Old 01-04-2020, 10:12 AM

11,781 posts, read 7,995,430 times
for healthcare jobs, I think Nashville has a slight edge over Charlotte.

Old 01-04-2020, 12:56 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,727,326 times
I moved to Nashville in my mid-20s for a healthcare job. It was not nearly as fun then as it is now, but it was still a great place to live and a lot of fun. If I were making that choice again right now, I would do it again in a heartbeat. So many huge events happen here, there is something always going on. Just look at New Year’s, CNN broadcasts from NYC and Nashville. In the last few years we’ve gotten to experience the excitement of the NFL draft and the Stanley Cup. CMA Fest is fun every year and Bonaroo is close by each summer.
Someone said locals don’t go downtown, that’s not true. We go downtown all the time. The big sports and music venues are all walkable to each other downtown. One of my fav concerts is All For the Hall, and it only happens in Nashville, NYC and LA.
Nashville would be a great place to live in your 20s if you want to live in a mid-sized city with the entertainment options of a large city.

Also, one thing to clear up about density. Almost every thread about Nashville brings up Nashville’s population/sq mile and says that shows Nashville is super spread out. That’s actually super misleading, I would guess most people posting that info aren’t very familiar with Nashville. Nashville has such low density because one entire quadrant of the county has tons of limestone and isn’t easily buildable. So the Northwest quadrant has a very low population which strongly skews the population density on paper. When you come to Nashville, it actually isn’t more spread out/less dense than similar Sunbelt cities.

But you really can’t go wrong. Both are great cities. Both offer a ton. I like Charlotte’s location better. Maybe choose you best job opportunity and then pick that option.

Last edited by brentwoodgirl; 01-04-2020 at 01:07 PM..

Old 01-04-2020, 05:43 PM

23,518 posts, read 24,000,129 times
Charlotte.

Old 01-04-2020, 06:28 PM

232 posts, read 189,446 times
I like and could live in either city. But I would personally give the edge to Charlotte. For the following reasons:

1. I do not like touristy areas (grew up in one)

2. I prefer Charlotte's location much more than Nashiville's

3. Nashville is definately more vibrant

4. Both has "culture". Charlotte's is more hdden but has a lot to offer certain people groups. Nashville seems to appeal more to a certain segments.

5. Charlotte is cleaner, more manicured and more organized than Nashville, which definately appeals to me

Conclusion: It depends on what kind of culture, vibe or location one preffered, that's all

Old 01-04-2020, 09:51 PM

12,159 posts, read 7,985,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy123 View Post
I like and could live in either city. But I would personally give the edge to Charlotte. For the following reasons:

4. Both has "culture". Charlotte's is more hdden but has a lot to offer certain people groups. Nashville seems to appeal more to a certain segments.

5. Charlotte is cleaner, more manicured and more organized than Nashville, which definately appeals to me

Conclusion: It depends on what kind of culture, vibe or location one preffered, that's all
This.. this is pretty big.

Old 01-05-2020, 12:42 PM

1,186 posts, read 1,510,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy123 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
This.. this is pretty big.
Three for me. Unfortunately people don’t realize this until after they move. Visiting a place is very different from living there and some of the things your willing to tolerate as an outsider become tiresome and annoying when you’re forced to deal with it on a daily/weekly/yearly basis.

Old 01-05-2020, 05:22 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,828,617 times
Nashville if you are a tourist and Charlotte if you are a resident. Live in Nashville, use to live in Charlotte and currently visiting and find Charlotte a nicer place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City