Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2021, 09:55 PM

14,147 posts, read 9,038,713 times

Advertisements

This board is one of my favorite wastes of time, and I find it very interesting to read the posts on the various discussions.

Not only do I learn about what makes some cities tick, I get to learn about what makes some people tick: Some don't like big cities while others couldn't imagine living anywhere else. Some can't stand winter while others embrace it. (I don't really get the widespread winterphobia among many Americans, though.) Some like quiet and solitude, others crowds and energy. Each region of the country has its partisans. And so on.

And it all comes out in that "Where Would You Rather Live? Game" especially.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2021, 09:29 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,389,774 times
Made it to the big leagues, guess it’s time to delete my account lol

Old 05-09-2021, 06:26 PM

1,037 posts, read 678,658 times
First of all, I'd like to thank all of the little people who made this possible....

And by little people, I mean the little people of Sacramento because their city will never be as good as Spokane!!!

Old 05-10-2021, 08:06 AM

276 posts, read 167,953 times
To be honest, I love these city vs. city threads not necessarily because of the competition, but because I find it's a great way to learn about different places across the country. It's fun to learn each city's (perceived at least) strengths and weaknesses.

Old 05-11-2021, 12:07 PM

7,775 posts, read 10,152,240 times
cavsfan sent this article to me. Hilarious...I figured it was being discussed on here.

It was a team effort, folks.

Old 05-11-2021, 01:28 PM

1,122 posts, read 923,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Dang now we have to sign autographs.. this is tough.

But in all seriousness, its a fun forum. Very insightful.. learned a lot about places I didnt even know existed.
For the record to answer the author of the VICE article's question.. Boston. Boston is king!
Too many squat turds.
Gimme Seattle's recent construction and i'll find a damn parcel in Boston
to plunk every damn one of 'em down on, and the result will be better then all.
Except a better, balanced City that embraces "iconic urbanity,' doesn't quite exist.
Every parcel is a special owner of some unique, grievance (case).
A cult of nimby's wealthy & poor, rich and old, radical and worse and worse still
has tainted the process, all but ruined it.

Old 05-11-2021, 08:39 PM

12,157 posts, read 7,980,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odurandina View Post
Too many squat turds.
Gimme Seattle's recent construction and i'll find a damn parcel in Boston
to plunk every damn one of 'em down on, and the result will be better then all.
Except a better, balanced City that embraces "iconic urbanity,' doesn't quite exist.
Every parcel is a special owner of some unique, grievance (case).
A cult of nimby's wealthy & poor, rich and old, radical and worse and worse still
has tainted the process, all but ruined it.
I was sarcastic lol. But yes, agree with line 1 and 2.

Old 05-11-2021, 08:40 PM

2,496 posts, read 3,369,129 times
Wow...my love of Gary Indiana made it to Vice...

Old 05-12-2021, 05:38 AM

20,514 posts, read 33,513,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranberrysaus View Post
To be honest, I love these city vs. city threads not necessarily because of the competition, but because I find it's a great way to learn about different places across the country. It's fun to learn each city's (perceived at least) strengths and weaknesses.
It kind of did evolve into that. I didn’t think it would be a success because other forums had very similar sections of their forums and eliminated it for good reasons.

Old 05-12-2021, 07:53 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times
I'm always amazed by how much I've learned about cities I have very limited experience in or have never even been to. People often think I've lived in all of these different cities when in reality I just know quite a bit about them through these City v City threads lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City