Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most overrated city in the US
New York City 340 21.82%
Los Angeles, California 336 21.57%
Atlanta, Georgia 351 22.53%
Orlando, Florida 243 15.60%
Washington, D.C. 107 6.87%
Miami, Florida 197 12.64%
Chicago, Illinois 163 10.46%
San Francisco, California 168 10.78%
Austin, Texas 298 19.13%
Las Vegas, Nevada 269 17.27%
Honolulu, Hawaii 73 4.69%
Other 135 8.66%
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 11 0.71%
New Orleans, Louisiana 9 0.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1558. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 10:40 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Precisely. Hence my reasoning.
ok cause sometimes i think your from Florida, atl, or nyc. your haitian american like me as well right?

Old 09-10-2012, 10:40 PM

425 posts, read 370,838 times
I also need humidity, which most of LA doesnt have too much of, aside the Valley.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
Indoor courts exist there because there is a demand for that activity year-round, but that desire is frustrated because of the weather.

Indoor batting cages and tennis courts don't exist here- don't need them. And skiing and snowboarding are 90 minutes away in the winter. You lose.
wow i wonder how long it took you to make that up? wow.

this is beyond of the retard stage because my cousin hates the heat but loves sports.

he personally prefers indoor sports over outdoor sports any day as do a lot of people.

YOU LOOSE. you will go home with no money tonight.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:42 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
ok cause sometimes i think your from Florida, atl, or nyc. your haitian american like me as well right?
Yeah, I'm Haitian. But I've been living in NC for 8yrs. I left Florida for Texas when I was younger, then left to NC. I 1st experienced snow when I was in Texas, and I experience snow and ice, every winter in here in NC.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Yeah, I'm Haitian. But I've been living in NC for 8yrs. I left Florida for Texas when I was younger, then left to NC. I 1st experienced snow when I was in Texas, and I experience snow and ice, every winter in here in NC.
o wow your my age so that means your parents must of moved you their. im dying to see the haitian population in NC, and i know a Haitian pastor in my old church who lived in dallas. He said they got a good number out their though i would think Houston has more?

Old 09-10-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
Indoor courts exist there because there is a demand for that activity year-round, but that desire is frustrated because of the weather.

Indoor batting cages and tennis courts don't exist here- don't need them. And skiing and snowboarding are 90 minutes away in the winter. You lose.
How do I lose, exactly? I have access to the best places to ski and snowboard aside Colorado.

Youre implying that because of indoor courts, people hate the cold.

That is some f*ckwit logic right there.

Also.

I. Play. Hockey.

One more time?

I. Play. Hockey.

LA didnt even know they had a ****ing team for 40 years til this June.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:46 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,409,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
incorrect. Your just guessing that hes tough. you clearly said that people who live in cold climates know perfectly well that they hate it, and that we say that we love it to feel better about ourselves.

thats exactly what you said and its false.
No, I said you tell yourself you PREFER the changes in temps, specically from mild to cold (Winter), to feel better about having to deal with it. You even take the reverse psychology to its logical conclusion, by slamming Southern California's climate, calling it "boring".

And guess what? You and your buddy's comments in this thread have made my point...cold weather makes you "appreciate things"..."I get irritated when it gets below 40, good thing we have jackets".

I'll keep my boring weather, thanks.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:46 PM

Whats that expression about variety and spice of life?

Old 09-10-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
No, I said you tell yourself you PREFER the changes in temps, specically from mild to cold (Winter), to feel better about having to deal with it. You even take the reverse psychology to its logical conclusion, by slamming Southern California's climate, calling it "boring".

And guess what? You and your buddy's comments in this thread have made my point...cold weather makes you "appreciate things"..."I get irritated when it gets below 40, good thing we have jackets".

Youre an idiot.

The heat and sun also makes you want colder and overcast days as well. It works both ways. I know tons of people anticipating the coming months.

Im not saying people love being in snowstorms and blizzards, no different than people would love being in an earthquake or having their home burned down from wildfires or dealing with smog.

Its a shame you cant experience an autumn or changing leaves either, or crisp clear skies.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post

yes i prefer the heat but i prefer the heat in 4 seasons. whats hard to get?? and it makes perfect sense because nyc never gets below 0 or even close to 0

so if it were to go below 30 i would indeed be irate. But this isnt Montreal Canada so im not worried.

As i said i like my fashion and i like looking different. nyc and northeastern weather is the best.

yea keep your boring smog weather. You probably have a choking accent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City