Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which has the best upscale shopping in Texas?
Dallas 37 61.67%
Houston 23 38.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 12:36 AM

4,435 posts, read 6,304,590 times

Advertisements

Oh add YSL to the Dallas list. it is opening this year.

Some of the stores mentioned on the Houston list. didnt quite cut it here in Dallas and closed. I guess the two cities have different tastes.
And i'm pretty sure the French Connection will be closing in Houston. They are closing mostly all of their stores in the U.S.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:32 AM

182 posts, read 314,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Oh add YSL to the Dallas list. it is opening this year.

Some of the stores mentioned on the Houston list. didnt quite cut it here in Dallas and closed. I guess the two cities have different tastes.
And i'm pretty sure the French Connection will be closing in Houston. They are closing mostly all of their stores in the U.S.
I'm 100% sure your wrong about French Connection, the store will be one of only 6 left after it closes more than half its US stores. Isn't that awesome!? Even if YSL does open why would you add it to the "list" Houston has one, Houston has had it for years .. c'mon buddy get with the program.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:52 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
Dallas is the best shopping city in the South outside of Miami. It was also ranked the 5th fashion capital of the North America after NYC, LA, Miami, and Las Vegas. It ranked 31st in the world for fashion.

The Global Language Monitor » Fashion

Old 05-25-2010, 10:01 AM

213 posts, read 421,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody_1008 View Post
I'm 100% sure your wrong about French Connection, the store will be one of only 6 left after it closes more than half its US stores. Isn't that awesome!? Even if YSL does open why would you add it to the "list" Houston has one, Houston has had it for years .. c'mon buddy get with the program.
Sorry sir Dallas has more upscale destanations than Houston.. Everything is at Galleria.. Once u leave there that's it... Dallas has more options.. I'm not just bound to galleria...

North park

galleria

highland park village

and that other mall out in Plano with the niemans and Saks...

Old 05-25-2010, 10:08 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulchild23 View Post
Sorry sir Dallas has more upscale destanations than Houston.. Everything is at Galleria.. Once u leave there that's it... Dallas has more options.. I'm not just bound to galleria...

North park

galleria

highland park village
There is also Rice Village and Highland Village in Houston. Also, Memorial City Mall and The Woodlands Mall are getting more upscale offerings. Oh, and Galleria Dallas is starting to lose its luster. It's almost no different than Memorial City Mall in Houston now.

Quote:
Shops at Willow Bend? The mall that has, since its opening, been suffering from low occupancy?

Old 05-25-2010, 10:20 AM

213 posts, read 421,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
There is also Rice Village and Highland Village in Houston. Also, Memorial City Mall and The Woodlands Mall are getting more upscale offerings. Oh, and Galleria Dallas is starting to lose its luster. It's almost no different than Memorial City Mall in Houston now.

Shops at Willow Bend? The mall that has, since its opening, been suffering from low occupancy?
Those malls u named are not upscale... There average.. Especially woodlands and memorial.. Name 5 designer stores that memorial city and woodlands are getting... Is the a upscale dept store at those malls???

Again when it comes to luxury upscale destanations Dallas beats Houston..

Old 05-25-2010, 10:22 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
malls people malls

Old 05-25-2010, 10:57 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
God forbid Houstonians could ever concede that Dallas might be better at one thing.

Two things Dallas does better than Houston:

1) Upscale shopping
2) Fashion

Lord knows there are things that Houston does better too.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:02 AM

182 posts, read 314,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulchild23 View Post

North park

galleria

highland park village

Willowbend and Galleria should not even be mention with NorthPark and Highland Park. Willowbend has not been relevant since it opened, and the Galleria has a Louis Vuitton and Saks, and that's not enough to say its super upscale.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:43 AM

4,435 posts, read 6,304,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
malls people malls
I dont understand this northern snobbery toward malls. Miami, LA, Phoenix, Houston, Dallas, Las Vegas, Atlanta all have major shopping malls and one thing in common is hot weather. When it is over 100 degrees in the southwest no one wants to be outside. Heck I consider Washington DC a northern city and it even has its main shopping areas in malls. Who cares if its in a mall or not? A mall is actually considered more density because you can fit more stores, restaurants and amenities into a smaller space. I thought density is what got northerners rocks off? I dont care if its in a mall or on a street upscale is upscale. I think its just an excuse for people to crack on the south and try to make it look inferior but the funny thing is every city across this country has malls. Lucky for the north the whole urban lifestyle is back in style because for all of those decades prior it was considered out dated and major city centers were in decline and sunbelt cities were growing with the latest trends and to this day they are too because there is a lot of urban infill going into these cities. So please get over the pretentiousness, the more everyone screams "OMG its a mall" the less we care. There is no argument there, different regions, different climates, different styles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City