Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Beverly Hills of the South
Coral Gables, Florida 51 10.52%
Buckhead (Atlanta, Georgia) 148 30.52%
Highland Village (Dallas, Texas) 58 11.96%
SouthPark (Charlotte, North Carolina) 12 2.47%
South Beach (Miami, Florida) 77 15.88%
Uptown Houston (Houston, Texas) 43 8.87%
Palm Beach, Florida 134 27.63%
Georgetown (Washington, D.C.) 33 6.80%
Doctor Phillips (Orlando, Florida) 11 2.27%
Galleria area (Dallas, Texas) 20 4.12%
French Quarters (New Orleans, Louisiana) 14 2.89%
Other 32 6.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 485. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 09:19 PM

2,023 posts, read 4,185,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
I don't understand why Uptown Houston is there. It's the "Beverly Hills" of Houston, not the Beverly Hills of the south.
It's not even the "Beverly Hills" of Houston. That would probably be River Oaks.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:22 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,034,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmeads View Post
It's not even the "Beverly Hills" of Houston. That would probably be River Oaks.
Truth. Uptown is more over a second business district for Houston. Not a high class neighborhood.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:23 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,180,886 times
agree with polo lol nice to see another polo fan, i swear even the hood areas in miami look like los angeles.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:36 PM

1,374 posts, read 3,253,477 times
I've visited Buckhead in ATL ... it's spacious and lovely. Charlotte has some older, established and wealthy enclaves too ... I lived in one of them.
I have had many experiences in Dallas, particularly the "Highland Park" area. Highland Park in Dallas seemed to be the nicest of all the areas mentioned in this thread.
It would most remind me of Bel-Air or Beverly Hills, CA.
Incidentally, I once lived in "Brentwood Park" ( OJ SIMPSONS OLD "HOOD" ) in west Los Angeles, it
reminds me more of Buckhead in ATL and Charlottes Myers Park area.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:11 PM

1,186 posts, read 1,510,708 times
It is ridiculous that anyone would take the time to comment in this poll and not be honest. Out of all the places in the American South, Buckhead is the closest thing to BH that they have. Not only in terms of wealth, but in terms of shopping, dining, the celebrity factor, and the urbanism factor. River Oaks and Palm Beach? Really? Can anyone name 3 celebrities that reside in Houston? Please get over yourselves. If not Buckhead, then it's Highland Park. Buckhead gets my vote. Palm Beach might have some very wealthy residents but i don't remember Palm Beach carrying the title of having the highest concentration of buying power in the Southeast. That title belongs to Buckhead. The shopping in Buckhead murders Palm Beach and River Oaks. What is Beverly Hills know for? Fabulous shopping, dining, and wealth. What is Buckhead know for? Those very same things. If you can't be honest, don't comment. Buckhead is perched at the top of the southern enclaves for the wealthy. Get over it.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:01 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,297,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isawooty View Post
It is ridiculous that anyone would take the time to comment in this poll and not be honest. Out of all the places in the American South, Buckhead is the closest thing to BH that they have. Not only in terms of wealth, but in terms of shopping, dining, the celebrity factor, and the urbanism factor. River Oaks and Palm Beach? Really? Can anyone name 3 celebrities that reside in Houston? Please get over yourselves. If not Buckhead, then it's Highland Park. Buckhead gets my vote. Palm Beach might have some very wealthy residents but i don't remember Palm Beach carrying the title of having the highest concentration of buying power in the Southeast. That title belongs to Buckhead. The shopping in Buckhead murders Palm Beach and River Oaks. What is Beverly Hills know for? Fabulous shopping, dining, and wealth. What is Buckhead know for? Those very same things. If you can't be honest, don't comment. Buckhead is perched at the top of the southern enclaves for the wealthy. Get over it.
I'll stick with my vote for Highland Park.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:18 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,571,323 times
I am surprised Dr Phillips was an option here, considering I live in Orlando.

Dr Phillips is very nice but it is NOT like Beverly Hills, Windermere or Winter Park, FL would be better choices if you want to put an Orlando burb in here. But even the nicest areas of Orlando (Dr Phillips, Isleworth, Bay Hill, Windermere, Winter Park) do not come close to Beverly Hills

I voted for South Beach, with Palm Beach being my second choice

Beverly Hills is VERY well known, whereas Palm Beach is known, but it doesnt have the notoriety that Beverly Hills and Miami Beach have

Old 04-27-2010, 11:29 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,925,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isawooty View Post
I'm not much of a shopper, but you don't think Palm Beach can compare to Buckhead in shopping? Interesting. Have you been to Florida? There are a crap load of celebrities that live in Palm Beach, and Coral Gables.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:01 AM

44 posts, read 51,853 times
Palm Beach, Florida.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:27 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,034,220 times
I'm pretty sure Palm Beach is the closest thing to "Beverly Hills" in the south.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.