Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which state would you rather live in?
New Jersey 73 57.48%
South Carolina 54 42.52%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 02:15 PM

136 posts, read 241,342 times

Advertisements

South Carolina and it's not even close. Better schools? I hope your not talking about colleges -- SC has much better Universities.

Old 07-31-2014, 02:24 PM

136 posts, read 241,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
But, the only thing in the state for attractions is Myrtle Beach and Charleston, which gets redundant very quickly.
Right. Hilton Head isn't an attraction or anything...

Greenville is also extremely nice as is Columbia (filled with history).

Old 07-31-2014, 05:26 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest Gent View Post
South Carolina and it's not even close. Better schools? I hope your not talking about colleges -- SC has much better Universities.
No, we're talking public schools K-12. NJ does have Princeton U, though...

Old 07-31-2014, 05:28 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
Whereas I think SC's economy is booming at the moment compared to NJ. For the record, I've been to an NJ beach too many times to the tune of "Don't go in the water." And they didn't mean sharks
Complete BS. Our water was just rated 3rd cleanest out of 30 states behind both NH and DE.

Old 07-31-2014, 05:54 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,264,181 times
SC education that's funny.

Old 07-31-2014, 05:57 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,525,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Complete BS. Our water was just rated 3rd cleanest out of 30 states behind both NH and DE.
Let's see a link then!

Either way, NJ beaches aren't very desirable when they have lots of these types of people visiting them:

Old 07-31-2014, 06:49 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,961,845 times
Quote:
Let's see a link then!

Either way, NJ beaches aren't very desirable when they have lots of these types of people visiting them:
You steady troll NJ threads.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:35 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,525,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
You steady troll NJ threads.
I was born and grew up in NJ, started my city-data account when I was living there, and moved back to CA last year. Now how does that constitute being a troll?

Old 07-31-2014, 10:04 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,929,460 times
Good to see NJ trashing SC in this poll.

They can go on and on about their muddy, silt laden beaches all day long. I don't care if the water is 80F if it looks like a dirty river. Yuck. Their beaches suck.

Here are some quotes from three TripAdvisor reviews:

Beachwalker County Park - Kiawah Island - Reviews of Beachwalker County Park - TripAdvisor

And the same description applies to all their beaches except maybe Myrtle Beach (horribly overdeveloped and tacky).

My wife and I made a trip out to this beach based on Dr. Beach rating this a 2014 top 10 beach in the U.S. We arrived with great expectations of a beautiful beach. The beach is not especially crowded which is nice. There are plenty of life guards for safety. The sand is smooth soft and clean of garbage. There is natural wash up though. However, the water is very brown. Wind blowing into shore makes for very murky water. My wife and I being used to the Palm lined beaches of Thailand did not find the scenery very impressive. As far as Carolina beaches go this is just another beach. There is no way this could be a top 10 U.S. beach.

First things first, get here early so you don't have to fight to get a parking spot or run the chance that they'll run out of rentable chairs and umbrellas. The water isn't clear by any means, but it is wonderfully warm and calm and not very deep. It's one of the cleanest beaches I've ever come across, even with all the dogs that frolic on the beach with their owners. There is a wonderful concession stand and great bathrooms and changing facilities. A definite must visit!

You know the great thing about a great beach. It is the beautiful and blazing white powder sand that is fluffy like talcum powder. It is also the turquoise or crystal clear waves that let you see all the way to toes in even when the water is at shoulder levels. You can see the schools of small shimmering fish dart away as you part the seas in slow motion. The palms create a gorgeous shelter that keeps the hot sun off of your head. Beachwalker County Park and beach, well, it is NOT that!
What you will find is a wide beach with dark, grayish sand so flat and hard near the water's edge, that you might think you were walking on pre-cured concrete. The tires of the cyclists who were cruising the beach barely left a tread mark. The umbrellas inserted into the ground all has the burrowing spike accessory that you have to screw into the sand. The water was a brown, brackish variety inundated with soil so thick that you really couldn't see through it as the small waves broke across the land. Also there was a foam that curled up at the leading edge of the waves, almost like a chocolate latte. As much as I wanted to I just couldn't go into that water.

Old 08-01-2014, 03:03 AM

2,653 posts, read 5,961,845 times
Quote:
I was born and grew up in NJ, started my city-data account when I was living there, and moved back to CA last year. Now how does that constitute being a troll?
You've made your emotional position on New Jersey quite clear over and over and over again. Everyone who cares to know; knows at this point........................ Now what do you have to offer?
I started posting on this site for true demographic, socio-economic discourse. I see this site as an outlet for understanding. You just want personal validation. Eff that; You want internet vengeance for whatever perceived injustices were done to you in the Garden State.
Start a blog, write a song, cry to your girlfriend. Why cheapen a valued outlet? It's lame at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City