Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 11:39 AM

2,744 posts, read 6,108,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ()_T View Post
Those are nice SweetHomeS.A, thanks.

Hope you liked them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 11:43 AM

1,437 posts, read 3,072,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
Dumpy in the sunbelt? S.A. has it's ghetto's but not like other large cities. Especially like those rustbelt, old steel towns.
San Antonio is not a new sunbelt city, it's 300 years old. It does not rank among the 20 poorest american cities. How is it isolated, and if so why is it oe of the most visited cities in the U.S.?
Dumpy looks and feels right in states like PA. Same can't be said about ANY of the sunbelt places. My man, head West out of your city, and it's like leaving earth. I found it spooky! How's it isolated? I take it you've lived out there all your life from that statement.

You say that San Antonio has it's ghetto area but not like other "large cities"? .... Is San Antonio a "large city" now? I guess your definition is different than mine.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:47 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,801,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelerfan View Post
Dumpy looks and feels right in states like PA. Same can't be said about ANY of the sunbelt places. My man, head West out of your city, and it's like leaving earth. I found it spooky! How's it isolated? I take it you've lived out there all your life from that statement.

You say that San Antonio has it's ghetto area but not like other "large cities"? .... Is San Antonio a "large city" now? I guess your definition is different than mine.
You label them all "sunbelt cities" yet San Antonio is nothing at all like Atlanta...

Old 04-04-2009, 11:51 AM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
I hope you were not referring to me! I like MOST of the houses pictured (except for a few truly horrifying modernist ones!) and I hope no one gets the wrong idea I only like old achitecture.
No that wasn't to you.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
You label them all "sunbelt cities" yet San Antonio is nothing at all like Atlanta...
Dumpy don't look good ANYWHERE in the sunbelt! You ever see what a crappy nabe in Phoenix looks like? How about in Tampa? Blight looks 100 times worse in the sunbelt!

Old 04-04-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
No kidding, ones in the Southwest and ones in the South. But like their spawl though!...........

Old 04-04-2009, 12:00 PM

2,744 posts, read 6,108,506 times
The inner west side maybe but once you are out of loop 410 it's all typical middle to upper middle class and once you are out of loop 1604, over 20 miles from downtown is the gateway to nearly 750 new home developments.
Out west from downtown S.A., is the new billon dollar Microsoft plant, NSA Southern U.S HQ, Sea World, and large regional offices that employ tens of thousands, Chase, American Funds, Citibank, Wahcovia, QVC, Sony, Texas Research Park and Hartford campuses. There are also two large scale golf resorts, the Hyatt and Raddison. I'ts nothing the way you describe it.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:23 PM

366 posts, read 1,441,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelerfan View Post
Dumpy looks and feels right in states like PA. Same can't be said about ANY of the sunbelt places. My man, head West out of your city, and it's like leaving earth. I found it spooky! How's it not isolated? I take it you've lived out there all your life from that statement.

You have Austin which is north of S.A, east you have Houston and S.A has a metro area of 2+ million. I would'nt say the city is Isolated.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:23 PM

893 posts, read 2,862,904 times
I love how some of the modern housing looks in Houston. But some of the ones you guys are posting are a little too modern. Tin? NO THANKS! But the other ones are beautiful.

I could easily picture myself living in Houston because of those pictures.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:29 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,929,225 times
All over NYC:

These are just in Queens. Mostly row houses and buildings:

...And now Manhattan:

Brooklyn:

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/4218/180654478f4c47db758.jpg (broken link)

The Bronx, right beside Yankee stadium:

City island in the Bronx. Looks like a small town in New england:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City