Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Chicago or Philadelphia
Chicago 191 69.96%
Philadelphia 82 30.04%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 09:28 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,278,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Nope they have more housing projects instead, poor people live everywhere not just in the South lol
Chicago TORE DOWN those bad idea 60s projects turned high-rise ghettos THEY ARE HISTORY....ALL GONE. Replaced with townhouses.... though they now house much less people.

The Last Tower | Harper's Magazine

Chicago was once home to the second-largest stock of public housing in the nation, with nearly 43,000 units and a population in the hundreds of thousands. Since the mid-1990s, though, the city has torn down eighty-two public-housing high-rises citywide, including Cabrini’s twenty-four towers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 09:41 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,770,448 times
Some y'all obsession with the south irks me.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:38 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,517,476 times
Philadelphia is 38.92 miles from the closest Waffle House in Elkton, Maryland.

Chicago is 163.30 miles away from the closest Waffle House in Pendelton, Indiana.

The answer is clearly Philadelphia.

Thread closed.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:50 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,465,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
Some y'all obsession with the south irks me.
I love how everyone hates on the South but is obsessed with us.. haters are going to hate. I love the South I have lived in AL, FL, TX and KY.. long live the South... they hate us because they are not us.

Old 01-18-2015, 11:20 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,349,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn.Davenport View Post

Chicago is 163.30 miles away from the closest Waffle House in Pendelton, Indiana.

Thread closed.

Old 01-18-2015, 11:39 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,207,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn.Davenport View Post

Thread closed.
Maryland and Indiana is The South? I've heard that Chick-Fil-A is thinking about breaking into the NYC market, so when that day comes, what will be Northern or Southern? Practically no Belk stores north of Virginia, don't know about Indiana though...Maybe the southern part of the state I guess..??

Old 01-18-2015, 11:55 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,517,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Maryland and Indiana is The South? I've heard that Chick-Fil-A is thinking about breaking into the NYC market, so when that day comes, what will be Northern or Southern? Practically no Belk stores north of Virginia, don't know about Indiana though...Maybe the southern part of the state I guess..??
It was a joke .

A ridiculous thread deserves a ridiculous reply.

Old 01-18-2015, 11:56 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,349,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Chickfila is in California.... So no it doesn't indicate you're in the south.

Old 01-19-2015, 12:08 AM

Blacks in both cities love soul food but then again, a lot of us African Americans love soul food regardless of where we live, even West Indians/Afro-Caribbeans love it. Both cities are also known for hella fatty foods (but they look real good lol). Chicago seems to be one of the best cities outside of the South for BBQ too.

Most (not all) Black Chicagoans sound more country to me. Sometimes I can hear a little bit of that twang in Black Philadelphians when they talk but I think that's a little common in a lot of us Mid-Atlantic Blacks (Philly, South Jersey, Delaware, Metro Baltimore, Metro DC, etc.), however the overall East Coast upbringing of the accent keeps that twang more subdued. It'll probably sound more obvious if it was a Midwest accent instead of a Mid-Atlantic/Northeast one.

The Blues is a major product of Southern music and Chicago is famous for it.

Black Chicagoans also seem to be more connected with their roots in Mississippi and Arkansas than Black Philadelphians are with their roots in Virginia and North Carolina.

Old 01-19-2015, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluusions View Post
Chickfila is in California.... So no it doesn't indicate you're in the south.
Since LA is a burger town, I suppose CFA wants the crown to chicken sandwich lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City