Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2009, 10:15 PM

223 posts, read 829,252 times

Advertisements

^ Dude, you're wrong for that.[/quote]

Sorry, didn't mean to hurt anybody. How did this pic offend you?

Old 08-21-2009, 10:16 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,328,314 times
New York City was a third-world war zone back then.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:22 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,862,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugger View Post
Whoops

I thought it was a direct response to my assault on Phoenix and sprawl in general, since usually the typical city vs. city forumers' line of attack to my "disputable" posts is to bring up some picture or stat to try and say

"Why do you have any credibility when you live in this cesspool (pulls out some cleverly crafted picture or bloated statistic)".

It really gets annoying after a while. So, sorry about the misguided hate.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:23 PM

Default Your right New York was a warzone but more like Berlin, Germany after WW2 than Baghdad, Iraq!!!

[New York City was a third-world war zone back then.[/quote]

I agree nothing looks like that. You mite be able to fool a picture of New York's Ghettos in the past and pass it for a picture of Berlin, Germany after World War 2!

Old 08-21-2009, 10:26 PM

Default Thats cool !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonnatian View Post
Whoops

I thought it was a direct response to my assault on Phoenix and sprawl in general, since usually the typical city vs. city forumers' line of attack to my "disputable" posts is to bring up some picture or stat to try and say

"Why do you have any credibility when you live in this cesspool (pulls out some cleverly crafted picture or bloated statistic)".

It really gets annoying after a while. So, sorry about the misguided hate.
Thats cool !!!

I haver never been to Phoenix, but i am sure it has its bad and negative areas and things. All most every city does!!!

Old 08-21-2009, 10:36 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,374,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonnatian View Post
And your cleverly crafted picture of Cincinnati...........?

Anyways, sprawl is bad, and much worse in the middle of a desert where there is, um..... NO WATER!!!!!!!!!

You can't grow food, you can't have utulities, and yes, no championship golf courses. The existence of Phoenix in its present form is pure stupidity. Hopefully this will be realized before we waste any more of my tax dollars on that cesspool.
Dayton likely effects it's enviornment just as much (or worse) as Phoenix. What makes your city so much better in it's current form?

Quote:
No offense taken. Just a really rough pic of that kid.

Old 08-21-2009, 10:58 PM

257 posts, read 407,594 times
Downtown Stockton California. Seriously, this downtown is not only the worst downtown I've ever seen; it's the worst downtown I can imagine being made! Anyone in their right mind can only feel pained or offended by such extreme trash!

Old 08-21-2009, 11:02 PM

Default Camden is close but its not like the Bronx and Harlem in the 1970's and 1980's, nothing is!!!!!

When I went to Camden for business I was absolutely appalled. Picture if you will. two houses or town houses very close to together and in between the homes were mattesses and raw garbage two stories high at almost every house.

When we were in the van coming from the airport we got our written assignments and one guy in the back of the van goes 'Camden! No way, I've seen that city of the show COPS.[/quote]

Imagine 7 to 8 story buildings boarded up no glass on the windows the whole building looks like its about to crumble to the ground, and it just mite around 60 to 80 families trying to live in that building , so much trash its starting to look like a trash dump as the mountain of trash on the side of the building keeps rising. So much garbage covering the streets when you walk you hear glass and other things cracking and breaking. Thousands of people living in these crowded and pact conditions only New York City can create (maybe Chicago close but not really), now imagine rows and rows of these project building for miles as far as your eye can see.
Thats the South Bronx and Harlem in the !970's and 1980's not to metion New York City as a whole had almost 3,000 murders a year around that time!!! It was so bad the Cops didn't even come to the Bronx alot of times they were called no point of getting shot at. Their was reports of N.Y.P.D. taking sniper fire from rooftops of buildings back then. They called Queens Cop killing Queens because they found cops dead left in back allies and stuffed in trash cans. Babies had a similar fate wich is the greatest sin of all.

Your make great points I worked in and around 1310 Browning St. in Camden and it's horrible, I was almost a victim of crime many times in Camden, and maybe the closet thing I seen to New York in the past.

However its no New York of the 1970's and 80's
I quote my boy the Great Starks who said earlier on the message board "Nothing is like New York (Bronx, really almost all of New York) in the 80's it like 10 Camdens." I feel more like 30 Camdens. Now thats New York City in the 70's and 80's

Just check out the pictures I posted on page 9 and 10 Camden looks bad but not like that.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:14 PM

Default Good List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
This is in order

East New York
South Bronx
The 7th Ward of New Orleans
Southside Jamaica
Southwest Philly (I think, it was some industrial burnt out section)
Outskirts of Atlantic City
North DC
Parts of Baltimore
Southern Compton

Everywhere else I've seen couldn't compare to these areas.
New York City looks the worst your right, but don't forget Harlem and Camden NJ, Irvington NJ looks horrible to. I worked by the airport on the border of Long Island and Queens. Been to Jamaica, Queens and its hood real hood, but I worked in Camden to and it was horrible too!

Old 08-21-2009, 11:38 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,328,314 times
Quote:
New York City looks the worst your right, but don't forget Harlem and Camden NJ, Irvington NJ looks horrible to. I worked by the airport on the border of Long Island and Queens. Been to Jamaica, Queens and its hood real hood, but I worked in Camden to and it was horrible too!
Yeah I forgot Harlem & Camden .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City