Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2009, 05:14 AM

80 posts, read 277,752 times

Advertisements

Cherry Hill, MD

Old 08-25-2009, 07:43 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Without question, Camden, New Jersey. You can't even call it a legitimate city any more. It's more like a wasteland.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:05 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Without question, Camden, New Jersey. You can't even call it a legitimate city any more. It's more like a wasteland.
It's the worst I've personally seen also.

So sad that it is directly across the river from Philadelphia.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:29 PM

767 posts, read 2,066,422 times
Worst city - East St. Louis - Blighted hellhole.

Worst area - Rural Southern Mississippi - Boring, backward, poor, desolate, no place to be.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:03 PM

6 posts, read 4,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LASam View Post
North Philly is the worst I've seen in person... coming a distant second would be areas like Over The Rhine in Cincy, East Cleveland, and areas in East Columbus.

The East Side od Columbus is pretty mild, I used to live off of Livingston Ave.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:27 PM

223 posts, read 829,441 times
Default stop the lies!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchittyBoot View Post
Im positive I am older than you and am not worried about these creampuff soft American ghettos where you have hot and cold running water, cable TV, free schools, public transpo, and welfare.

Ive been many places and I fear no one because everyone can die, just as easily as I. Im certainly not going to brag on a messageboard seeking street cred about what Ive dont to people.

Im just not scared of anything spoiled Americans have to offers

Your ghettos are amusement parks to much of the worlds population.

You stay bragging on message boards about how your a tuff guy

You're going around saying you ain't afraid to die!!!!

I've been outside of the country to and I seen poverty in 3rd world countries and its nothing like in the U.S. alot worse in a third world country!

I don't need to brag on a message board my life speaks for itself and I got a while to go!!!!

I met plenty of kids talking about " I ain't afraid to die"

But when that bullet hits you and you feel that burn trust me your going to reconsider!!!!

Old 08-25-2009, 03:30 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,946,158 times
I'd say in terms of crime and poverty for FULL states, CA, FL, TX, and MI, take the cake EASILY. For cities, NO, CAMDEN, Belle Glade FL, Pahokee FL, Parts of Chicago, Detroit, Southeast DC, ALOT of cities in Southern NM, ALOT of cities in Southern AZ, Parts of rural CA, ALOT of areas of South TX. Basically ALL border towns and border states. Oh yeah, and ALOT of areas of the RURAL South.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:32 PM

Default Not really!!!

[quote=jluke65780;10425839]
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post

Exactly. Texas, CA or FL are the biggest drug trafficking states in the country. You can literally sit on your front porch in some places along the border and actually watch people drug smuggling over the borders. NY can't touch these states when it comes to drugs and weapons; the inflow of it is unbelievable and goes on daily.

Their is drugs everywhere in New York, New Jersey, Philly all over the Northeast!!!!

This is nothing new!!!

The northeast is alot more dense with alot more people. You don't have to go far for drugs, In the suburbs their is plenty to.

Texas is spread out.

Texas can't compare to the Northeast in drugs and guns or crime!!!!

Old 08-25-2009, 03:48 PM

Default Are you American?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchittyBoot View Post
Im positive I am older than you and am not worried about these creampuff soft American ghettos where you have hot and cold running water, cable TV, free schools, public transpo, and welfare.

Ive been many places and I fear no one because everyone can die, just as easily as I. Im certainly not going to brag on a messageboard seeking street cred about what Ive dont to people.

Im just not scared of anything spoiled Americans have to offers

Your ghettos are amusement parks to much of the worlds population.

Damm right I'm American!!!

First of all if you seen people dieing, shot, stabbed, hurt real bad you wouldn't go around talking like you ain't afraid to die.

Any real man who says this ain't telling the truth. When its time your going to be scared!!! I promise that!!!!

Unless your crazy, and you want to die beacause your life has been hell and you feel like death would be peace. Or the pain of living is to much.

But you ain't crazy!!!!!

Old 08-25-2009, 03:50 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugger View Post
8 Camdens + 8 Detroits + 10 North Phillys = South Bronx and Harlem, NY in the 1970's and 1980's
Looking at this link, one would be inclined to agree: Brutal New York - 1965/95 - SkyscraperCity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City