Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2011, 05:12 PM

1,800 posts, read 3,910,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
do murder rates and common sense go completely over your heads in california or what?
You might be right about being able to fistfight with ONE gang banger from Compton. Though I clearly doubt you would be able to take on a whole corner or set.

Something tells me that if you were to go to Rosecrans Blvd. in Compton, you probably would have fear take over and not start any trouble.

Honestly, if you were walking down the street minding your own business, it is very likely that no one would bother you.

Compton is not some mythical place from the news. People do live there and people do survive without ever being the victim of violent crime.

Besides, Compton actually doesn't look half bad since it's fairly new. Streets and sidewalks are paved and well maintained, lawns are mowed, etc. It's not like the half destroyed brick and mortar buildings of the East Coast and Midwest and the ramshackle apartments down South.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:37 PM

1,103 posts, read 2,260,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post
You might be right about being able to fistfight with ONE gang banger from Compton. Though I clearly doubt you would be able to take on a whole corner or set.
they're little girls without their "groups." if they jumped me with like 5+, then yeah, it would be hard to block a bunch of random sidewarm swinging, kicking, and slapping jamokes all at once.

Quote:
Something tells me that if you were to go to Rosecrans Blvd. in Compton, you probably would have fear take over and not start any trouble.
most of them talk way more than they follow through. if they all followed through with their "killa" gang tats and words, there would've been well over 24 murders in compton last year. there probably would've been about 1,000.

i wouldn't fear saying compton is soft to them because i know most of them wouldn't have the balls to do anything more than yell back and call me a cracker.

Last edited by CelticGermanicPride; 07-11-2011 at 05:47 PM..

Old 07-11-2011, 05:45 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,514,622 times
some of those old mining towns in West Virginia... wow

Old 07-11-2011, 05:56 PM

1,456 posts, read 4,327,789 times
Quote:
they're little girls without their "groups." if they jumped me with like 5+, then yeah, it would be hard to block a bunch of random sidewarm swinging, kicking, and slapping jamokes all at once.

most of them talk way more than they follow through. if they all followed through with their "killa" gang tats and words, there would've been well over 24 murders in compton last year. there probably would've been about 1,000.

i wouldn't fear saying compton is soft to them because i know most of them wouldn't have the balls to do anything more than yell back and call me a cracker.
One thing I would like to add is that it SEEMS like you guys are stereotyping Compton as a Black area... Yeah, yeah, I know you guys didn't directly refer to Compton as black but a lot of the things said could make the reader come to the conclusion that it's a black area when in reality, it is majority hispanic and very few blacks are there now.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:

Second the poster right above me. You are stereotyping Compton as a black area when in fact Compton is about 60% Hispanic now.

24 murders in a city of less than 100,000 is a lot. You understand that the quality of the Fire Dept. makes a huge impact on murders as many who are shot survive because of quality Paramedic and hospital care. Fact is that paramedic care in the past 20 years has dramatically increased for the better.

You also have to realize that Compton no longer maintains its own police department. They were disbanded in 2000. Policing is now under control of the LA County Sheriff, which can generally dedicate better paid, better equipped, and more officers + special units to Compton which has reduced the impact of crime.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:29 PM

54 posts, read 166,207 times
Los Angeles County Gangs. - Google Maps

peep this map....

Old 07-11-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECyde View Post
The map is a pretty good representation of South Central LA and the Gateway Cities. But it leaves out the gangs in East LA, East LA burbs, and the Valley.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:16 PM

520 posts, read 730,748 times
Probably East Cleveland, which is a "suburb" of Cleveland. And than some neighborhoods in Cleveland are very run-down and have alot of vacant and condemned houses. Some of the small towns in PA I've been to have seen better days. Some parts of the Southside of Chicago looked pretty bad, but to be honest I was on Lakeshore Drive and didn't really venture too far away, it actually wasn't as bad as I've heard people describe. I've seen some crummy looking neighborhoods from the interstate while traveling in St. Louis, Kansas City, Gary, Columbus, and Indianapolis.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:35 PM

3,546 posts, read 8,559,551 times
There's a lot to like about the city, but there are few neighborhoods I've seen anywhere that are as bombed-out as east Baltimore: baltimore, md - Google Maps

Old 07-14-2011, 08:41 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,471,435 times
Quote:
i didn't say anything about being an "internet tough guy" until rah brought up the unrealistic scenario where some compton dunce would pull a gun out and shoot me for saying compton is soft.

anybody with even a day of mma training could take on these little girls in compton, especially these gay crips. it would take no more than 5 seconds for me to get in there, block that gay little sidearm swing at 0:05 and lay him out with a punch straight to the jaw. they have no technique at all, it's actually funny watching them fight.
Well congratulations on finding the weakest looking video you could to make your case, but if you think that's an accurate depiction of Compton you got another thing coming. I'm doubting that was even Compton at all regardless of what that video may be labeled, but even if it was that wasn't even a real fight. Those dudes were playing, slap-boxing, which is something that people do in the hood for fun. But if you wanna keep deluding yourself go right ahead.

‪EAST SIDE KELLY PARK COMPTON CRIP‬‏ - YouTube

I'm sure you could handle any one of these "little girls" too or any others in Compton who look exactly like them just fine, and they wouldn't stand a chance against you b/c you like to roll around in a cage with shirtless dudes and wrap your legs around them. Oh wait I forgot, you play hockey too, so these guys should get a head start running from you right now!

I like how your ridiculous claims and delusions of grandeur only apply to Compton and CA hood folks. Like you wouldn't get smoked/jumped just as fast by fists, knives or guns in hoods in DC and elsewhere near you, and that you couldn't find hood cats there with "no technique." And never mind the fact that Compton is now majority Latino and you'd be getting killed by a completely different type of opponent. Or the fact that no one would really give a crap about you being there and probably just jack you for being where you're not supposed to be. You'd pi$$ your pants and run home screaming, lol please.

And you swear MMA fighters aren't a dime a dozen out here in CA, like you're showing us something new. CA has the best concentration of MMA gyms in the US, as well as having the longest and deepest history when it comes to MMA, so its hilarious that you would even go there. You're a ridiculous, naive little kid without a clue lol.

Could a trained fighter whoop an average untrained dude in any hood USA? Yeah, probably. In a cage at least. But street fighting has very different rules than MMA and there are other things to take into account. So maybe on your terms you'd be able to handle one or two of those dudes, but on their terms you don't stand a chance. And are you even the dude who could do it? I highly doubt it. Real dudes that really can back their sh*t up don't sit there making these outrageous claims online trying to impress people. And fyi, you're really not impressing any of us.

Quote:
Well I would hope you would 23-skidoo before it ever came to exchanging fisticuffs with those jamokes in the first place, eh sonny boy?

Tell me, in your fantasies of manhandling all these gangsters that have decades and generations of history in their lifestyle, does the entire cast of Annie appear, or are you more like Jimmy Cagney and all the hood people that don't know how to fight a 21-year old recent high school graduate multi-millionaire hockey playing MMA champ are the inept cops? I know delusions can run wild in some people, but this is more like multiple-personality disorder than just average delusion. You don't even seem like you've ever lived in this century based on your understanding of things and the super square-a$$ way you communicate. Wow.

Does the "technique" those dudes were lacking look anything like what these tough NY white guys have?

‪New York Street Fight‬‏ - YouTube

Or is was this better form according to you? Ya know, like some dudes you would give pause before trying to fight?

‪Fight on the streets of New York City‬‏ - YouTube

The funny thing is these last 2 examples were supposedly serious! You know, NOT playing around and slap-boxing, but actually trying to fight. But I guess only dudes from Compton are lacking in their "technique." Have you ever even SEEN a real fight before? Technique doesn't come into play 99% of the time. There's a lot more random flailing and a serious lack of being technically sound when its the real deal. Maybe one day you'll find this out. And if that happens I imagine you'll probably look just like one of these white guys.

‪east coast street fights ramone vrs matty and pat vs chris‬‏ - YouTube

Sidearm swinging jamokes, indeed.

Quote:
Really? Were there 1,000 murders in any city in the US last year? Are there no "killa" gang tats on the hood folks in every other city in the US? That's sensible.

I notice that you're singling out Compton here for supposedly being the only high-crime hood city that somehow can't back its sh*t up, but if Compton's so weak then how come some of your East Coast rappers are modeling their whole style after West Coast gangsters?

‪Jim Jones ft. Game, Cam'ron, Lil Eazy E - Certified Gangstas‬‏ - YouTube

Quote:
Yep, you really know what you're talking about. The reason Compton is such a safe paradise is b/c people there lack the balls to confront folks who challenge them and call them soft. That sounds about right.

Ya know, if you just got past your insecurities and accepted CA as more of a peer than a threat to the dominance/greatness/whatever of your side, and toned down the hate a bit, you'd probably be a lot happier with your life and could maybe enjoy what it has to offer. You might even learn to like it and respect it instead of trying to berate it whenever its mentioned and find ways to undersell what it is and does. But if it makes you feel better to keep BS-ing yourself and just looking at anything CA-related from a negative standpoint then I guess just keep doing what you're doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City