Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 09:25 PM

806 posts, read 2,961,188 times

Advertisements

Oh, nothing approaches the level of 90's rappers like Nas, Tupac, etc.

You should listen to some more stuff off the mixtape. Amazing Love, Hot Revolver, Prom Queen(not for everyone), Murder She Wrote.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:27 PM

136 posts, read 267,059 times
Will do.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:32 PM

806 posts, read 2,961,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn's Finest View Post
Will do.
I will ignore your posts on the South and qualify you as pretty cool guy.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:39 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,493,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn's Finest View Post
Popular?

Yes.

Great?

I disagree.

Only heard one song off of it, so I can't judge. Didn't sound hot at all though.

Music like that is only good when I'm grinding up on some chick at a party. They love that commercial southern stuff here at school, so I suppose it has its uses. It isn't quality stuff though.

Besides, people will dance to damn near anything when they are drunk.
you are funny man

Old 04-21-2009, 10:01 PM

83 posts, read 195,192 times
Now heres a good thread. Of course the North wins this but I do give it to the south for producing artists such as old Outkast, Ludacris, Geto Boys and Lil Wayne(he has so many songs out, of course some are bad but hes got a wide variety and definite good music). I can't deal with a lot of that dance crunk south rap (or most rap on the radio), I can understand if your dancing in a club but other then that your losing brain cells. Now Northern Hip Hop on the other hand is where its at. From old school Nas, Biggy, Fugees, Big L, Artifacts, Redman, Wu Tang, Onyx, Jay Z, KRS ONE(come on now), De La Soul, Dmx, Gangstarr and so much more. To today where I feel Papoose and Immortal Technique are dope. Think about the producers that came from the North making intricate beats instead of some club banging samples. Once again America's Real Rebels outshine the tail chasing southerners.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:07 PM

136 posts, read 267,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedcorn View Post
Now heres a good thread. Of course the North wins this but I do give it to the south for producing artists such as old Outkast, Ludacris, Geto Boys and Lil Wayne(he has so many songs out, of course some are bad but hes got a wide variety and definite good music). I can't deal with a lot of that dance crunk south rap (or most rap on the radio), I can understand if your dancing in a club but other then that your losing brain cells. Now Northern Hip Hop on the other hand is where its at. From old school Nas, Biggy, Fugees, Big L, Artifacts, Redman, Wu Tang, Onyx, Jay Z, KRS ONE(come on now), De La Soul, Dmx, Gangstarr and so much more. To today where I feel Papoose and Immortal Technique are dope. Think about the producers that came from the North making intricate beats instead of some club banging samples. Once again America's Real Rebels outshine the tail chasing southerners.
Lol. Forgot about Geto Boys. Scarface was the truth.

Good stuff sir. Immortal Technique fell off with his last album 3rd world though IMO. I still like him, but he's trying way to hard to personify his "anti-establishment" mentality. He even threw in some wack line about Nick Cannon...

Old 04-21-2009, 10:13 PM

83 posts, read 195,192 times
I haven't heard any of his new stuff just his one cd with the infamous song Dance with the Devil. I saw him a few years ago he put on a pretty good show. The times are hard for fellow hip hop heads all over america..

Old 04-21-2009, 10:16 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,647,981 times
Say you're at M.C. (a popular "bar & lounge" spot) in Atlanta. Would you prefer
this or this (http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=43327 - broken link) (remember you have a "waitress" around you, constantly so you're focus wouldn't be on what the artist is saying but you'd like to have something that you're "waitress" (or hostess) can bump to. Now if I were walking by myself or stuck in traffic with my I-Pod with me I'd take
this and
this over
this. (sorry about the last one he's not a good rep of the South).

Old 04-21-2009, 10:19 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,565,329 times
There is alot of talent in the South. Sadly, it is not heard on the radio. East Coast is the best if you want the real lyrical music. But if you want to party, the South is better at doing that than the east. There's only two places where you can hear Gucci and that is in a the car and in a club. Other than that......

Old 04-21-2009, 10:21 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,647,981 times
When did a link turn up as the whole youtube window?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.