Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 12:55 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,500,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
This is no contest for me. I've been to PA and was not impressed. I like FL's climate much more. And the Cities are more fun. There is nothing special about Amish people except thier cookies . I love the beach and everything there is to do with to ocean; Swimming, snorkling, scuba diving, deep sea fishing, surfing, skim boarding, shelling, ect. Can't do any of that in PA.
That is true, I think most people aren't into that though. But I know some who are all about it. If so, FL is your place. If not...FL doesn't offer much *outside* those activities as mentioned above. The terrain is flat, and it is hot and humid 9 months out of the year. So people who like *other* outdoor activities are probably going to hate it.
I like hiking, mountain biking and camping as my outdoor stuff...FL is probably the worst place for that. Even camping as a kid we would drive all the way up to north georgia or north alabama tn or nc for anything remotely interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 01:28 PM

389 posts, read 1,095,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Oh you must've thought I was adressing YOU when I said WE. My bad. Thanx for the tips anyways. Were you offended by something??? I was just joking about starting those threads, because it would create more chaos. We know PA won this thread, Philly also won the Tampa vs Philly thread, and if someone made a "philly vs every inferior FL city" thread, philly would win that one also, is that not enough to satisfy your needs? And yes, I love cracking myself up, I figured if I put LOL it would probably cut the tension, and plus nobody else laughs at my jokes.
Oh, you were joking. Next time try a winking smiley because the "joke" was lost on me.

And I don't get offended over "vs" threads. I just don't get the point of bringing another city or state into one when they're clearly not the ones being discussed.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:01 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torresdale View Post
Oh, you were joking. Next time try a winking smiley because the "joke" was lost on me.

And I don't get offended over "vs" threads. I just don't get the point of bringing another city or state into one when they're clearly not the ones being discussed.
Geez louise, i'll put a smile face. See. Next time i'll try not to laugh to myself either.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:59 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,357,090 times
If I could put Center City in the keys, I would so totally do it.

Anyhow, I pick Florida even though both Philly and Pittsburgh are some of my favorite places. I love the Keys, and I love the sun. Also, St. Augustine is awesome.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:29 AM

437 posts, read 929,530 times
Definately a Southern State. yeah FL is prolly more humble (like nicer on the road and of course sweet and kind people) most ppl in NE are rude and immature and like CA bunch of airheads who think their better then the world around them just cuz the drive a BMW. my opinion and if you don't like it you might as well take this to Halo 3 and we will see who the true victor is .

Old 05-19-2009, 09:32 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,929,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iColt1 View Post
Definately a Southern State. yeah FL is prolly more humble (like nicer on the road and of course sweet and kind people) most ppl in NE are rude and immature and like CA bunch of airheads who think their better then the world around them just cuz the drive a BMW. my opinion and if you don't like it you might as well take this to Halo 3 and we will see who the true victor is .

You're totally basing your opinions on stereotypes. The nicest people I've ever met were from Maine. The worst, Florida.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:44 AM

2,413 posts, read 5,747,685 times
Quote:
I mostly agree with you. Some of the most rude people Ive ever met were tourists from NE. And everyone from CA that Ive met seems to always have something bad to say about were you live, followed by how wonderful CA is. Just my experience.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:47 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,929,225 times
^^Of course tourists are going to seem rude anywhere you are. They're SO rude here in NY. It's because they're not paying attention to anyone but themselves, since they're on vacation. They're thinking more about standing in the the middle of the sidewalk deciding what to do next, than thinking, "I better get out of the way because there are a stampede of NYers commuting home."

Old 05-19-2009, 09:52 AM

437 posts, read 929,530 times
[SIZE=4]ster⋅e⋅o⋅type[/SIZE] /ˈstɛriəˌtaɪp, ˈstɪər-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ster-ee-uh-tahyp, steer-] Show IPA noun, verb, -typed, -typ⋅ing.
–noun 1.a process, now often replaced by more advanced methods, for making metal printing plates by taking a mold of composed type or the like in papier-mâché or other material and then taking from this mold a cast in type metal.2.a plate made by this process.3.a set form; convention.4.Sociology. a simplified and standardized conception or image invested with special meaning and held in common by members of a group: The cowboy and Indian are American stereotypes.
–verb (used with object) 5.to make a stereotype of.6.to characterize or regard as a stereotype: The actor has been stereotyped as a villain. 7.to give a fixed form to.

that's what stereotypes mean so your use of that word must be a spelling error.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:32 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:
That wasnt really nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City