Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which City do you like better?
Orlando 21 24.71%
Los Angeles 64 75.29%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 04:14 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,685,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Fanatic View Post
Hurricanes are a threat, but interior Florida rarely sustains lots of damage, nor is it most often hit.

LA is in a desert. It's brown as brown can be, unless you're within five to ten miles of the coast. If you're beyond that, you deal with scorching temperatures, no rain, and little vegetation.

La is not a desert it's a Chaparral.

L.A.'s weather variation is minimal. The interior areas of metro L.A. do enjoy variation, from mild to excessively hot.
True!

While the housing costs are more reasonable since the housing downturn, the cost of housing in metro L.A. is still too high, and it was absurd the prices housing was going for in the L.A. area, when so much of it is a slum, relatively speaking.
Saying as if the whole metro is a slum, Have you been here?

You've got to be a kid, with this type of talking. Your beloved Hollywood perpetuated a stereotype, and obviously you believe it. The same stereotype could fit a percentage of the population in any region.

Your idea of "liberalism" is nothing more than social marxism. Such is nothing to be desired, and anyone who supports such doesn't give much thought to the nonsense of which they support. After all, such "liberal" thought and ideas are not sustainable, economically, culturally, or socially. Anyone who supports such looks like a truly ignorant person, in my opinion.

Florida is fairly middle of the road. Sure, it's more conservative than California, but anything is to the right of California, with the exception of Massachusetts. California's liberal ideas have really bankrupted that state.

The same could be said anywhere. I've seen much of the same in Atlanta, LA, or wherever.

I think that it'll be a Magic Sweep, not that I really care.
Don't think so! It'll be a great series though! a war!
http://******************/violent-smiley-1403.gif (broken link)

Old 06-01-2009, 05:04 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,695,022 times
Default Orlando can NEVER compare to LA

Is this thread a complete joke? Orlando can NEVER compare to LA. Orlando weather is basically the same, hot humid, sticky and steamy junk for 8-9 months of the year with tons of mosquitoes. Ask anyone who has lived there and they will tell you.

As someone previously said, Orlando has nothing to really offer except Disney World. Big deal!

Not to turn this into a political discussion, but gee I wonder why in practically EVERY presidential election except for the last one, Florida has been won by the Republicans. That is because in Florida has been known as a conservative place. Orlando really sucks compared to LA, it is really garbage. LA is a million times better than that place. I've read plenty of posts about Florida and one of the City Data members said it perfectly: he said and I am paraphrasing this person. He said that if you like a place that has high crime, rude and old people then Florida is the place to be. I didn't say that, someone else did. Also, Florida wages are terrible and don't match up to its cost of living. The property taxes and homeowner's insurance in FL is too high.

LA wins by a massive landslide

Old 06-01-2009, 05:41 PM

116 posts, read 364,756 times
I'm rooting for the magic...and I like FL better than Cali but you can't really compare the two cities...either way I'd probably go with ORL....(but if I were to move to FL, it would be further south)

..although If we're just talking city vs. city LA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>Orlando

Old 06-02-2009, 02:02 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
Is this thread a complete joke? Orlando can NEVER compare to LA. Orlando weather is basically the same, hot humid, sticky and steamy junk for 8-9 months of the year with tons of mosquitoes. Ask anyone who has lived there and they will tell you.

As someone previously said, Orlando has nothing to really offer except Disney World. Big deal!

Not to turn this into a political discussion, but gee I wonder why in practically EVERY presidential election except for the last one, Florida has been won by the Republicans. That is because in Florida has been known as a conservative place. Orlando really sucks compared to LA, it is really garbage. LA is a million times better than that place. I've read plenty of posts about Florida and one of the City Data members said it perfectly: he said and I am paraphrasing this person. He said that if you like a place that has high crime, rude and old people then Florida is the place to be. I didn't say that, someone else did. Also, Florida wages are terrible and don't match up to its cost of living. The property taxes and homeowner's insurance in FL is too high.

At least you're FROM LA and not from anywhere else. I like Cali so i'll let you slide. I agree LA is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better city then Orlando. Heck I like LA then ALOT of cities, even NYC. Sometimes you just sound real ignorant. Why bring politics into this?

Old 06-02-2009, 05:58 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,771,151 times
Los Angeles, wouldn't even want to consider Orlando as a residential location.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:05 PM

40 posts, read 54,873 times
Quote:
Orlando by far.

There are redeeming qualities of metro L.A., which includes the beaches (Huntington Beach, Seal Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach), as well as the San Gabriel and San Bernardino mountains, especially the Big Bear Lake area.

However, let's be real. L.A. is slummy in many areas, is filled with illegal aliens, the Spanish language is prominent in many areas, and the majority of the area is a big brown desert.

With Orlando, while it doesn't have a beach, you can be at one within forty five minutes. You also have all the theme parks, as well as true greenery. There's less of an issue with illegal aliens or slummy areas. Cost of living is also much better.

Orlando by far.

No wonder your confused those beaches are all in orange county not LA. Two diffrent counties. I guessing you never really been in LA then.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:50 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,747,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post

Im not taking Orlando's side on this, but you are going way overboard on this post. Yes you like CA better, but posting uneducated posts dosen't help get your point across. I'd be willing to bet you have never been to Orlando, and a trip to Disney when you were 10 or yonger does not count.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:30 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,695,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
At least you're FROM LA and not from anywhere else. I like Cali so i'll let you slide. I agree LA is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better city then Orlando. Heck I like LA then ALOT of cities, even NYC. Sometimes you just sound real ignorant. Why bring politics into this?
I know exactly what I'm talking about. In case you are wondering, everything I've said so far can be confirmed as a fact.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:46 AM

322 posts, read 1,103,325 times
Quote:
Hurricanes are a threat, but interior Florida rarely sustains lots of damage, nor is it most often hit.

LA is in a desert. It's brown as brown can be, unless you're within five to ten miles of the coast. If you're beyond that, you deal with scorching temperatures, no rain, and little vegetation.

L.A.'s weather variation is minimal. The interior areas of metro L.A. do enjoy variation, from mild to excessively hot.

While the housing costs are more reasonable since the housing downturn, the cost of housing in metro L.A. is still too high, and it was absurd the prices housing was going for in the L.A. area, when so much of it is a slum, relatively speaking.

You've got to be a kid, with this type of talking. Your beloved Hollywood perpetuated a stereotype, and obviously you believe it. The same stereotype could fit a percentage of the population in any region.

Your idea of "liberalism" is nothing more than social marxism. Such is nothing to be desired, and anyone who supports such doesn't give much thought to the nonsense of which they support. After all, such "liberal" thought and ideas are not sustainable, economically, culturally, or socially. Anyone who supports such looks like a truly ignorant person, in my opinion.

Florida is fairly middle of the road. Sure, it's more conservative than California, but anything is to the right of California, with the exception of Massachusetts. California's liberal ideas have really bankrupted that state.

The same could be said anywhere. I've seen much of the same in Atlanta, LA, or wherever.

I think that it'll be a Magic Sweep, not that I really care.
So your like me , You seem to hate california and the west coast with a passion.. california especially Southern California is just an ugly brown concrete jungle desert!!!!

finally someone similar to me with there Dislikes...lol Love the East Coast ... True beauty up and Down the Atlantic Coast and Just everywhere...is awesome!!! So Green and Forest everywhere... and man..it's just so Beautiful..there... not to mention the Clean air out east!! you can actually breathe out there... I'd take beauty and scenery and Ambiance and Just overall Uniqueness of the East Coast and Midwest regardless of the Cold snowy winters and Frequent Summer rains over living in california where it never rains and is super ugly and hot here all the time....!! and you know too much sun is pretty annoying too..lol man i just hate FRESNO,CA so much...lol... In some ways it typifies Hell in my opinion... but yeah ...lol...

All that aside though ..im going LA in 5 maybe 6 games I just don't see Kobe Letting the Lakers Lose in the Finals again.

Even if there a little bit bipolar at times lol.....

Old 06-03-2009, 05:58 AM

925 posts, read 2,606,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
No wonder your confused those beaches are all in orange county not LA. Two diffrent counties. I guessing you never really been in LA then.
The L.A. metro area, not necessarily only the city of LA or LA County. If we were talking about the city of L.A., I'd argue that it's one of the most disgusting cities in all of the U.S. It's just my opinion, of course.

The beach areas are part of the L.A. metro, and there are beaches even in L.A. County. I simply think that the best ones are in Orange County.

I've been to L.A. countless times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City