Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2009, 11:41 PM

415 posts, read 1,210,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
Louisiana ranks 3rd after New York and California in film production quantity and revenue.

Moving Pictures: Louisiana

Louisiana Film & Television (films by year) (http://www.louisianaentertainment.gov/film/films_by_year.cfm - broken link)

Louisiana Film & Television (television shows by year) (http://www.louisianaentertainment.gov/film/tv_by_year.cfm - broken link)
the thing is though that film quantity and revenue are in the Film Industry but thats parts of it, not all of it Im not sure what NC's highest are I can just tell you and show you the facts that I have read and seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 11:45 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,484,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefansanity View Post
the thing is though that film quantity and revenue are in the Film Industry but thats parts of it, not all of it Im not sure what NC's highest are I can just tell you and show you the facts that I have read and seen.
www.ncfilm.com - NC Film & TV Productions 2000-Present

www.ncfilm.com - NC Film & TV Productions 1990-1999

Old 12-27-2009, 12:09 AM

415 posts, read 1,210,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgyeldell View Post
NC does have a large film industry. I think every major city in NC has a few film studios and the largest is in Wilmington, Screen Gems which produces TV shows and movies.
"It started with a single film in 1983 and now Wilmington, North Carolina is known as Hollywood East generating 11% of the area's economy."
Film industry and the city of Wilmington, North Carolina

"Over the past 27 years, more than 800 films and 15 television series and numerous documentaries and commercials have been made possible with the assistance of the North Carolina Film Office."
www.ncfilm.com - About Us (http://www.ncfilm.com/about-us.html - broken link)

Not to mention the show that almost every mom and female teenager in America watches. . . One Tree Hill also in Wilmington

so its definitely large, well I have spent the last 30 minutes trying to look for a ranking system for the states film industry but I cant so if anyone funs across it please post it!!

Old 12-27-2009, 12:14 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,865,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefansanity View Post
Baton Rouge? Im sorry but I would have to disagree. North Carolina has the 2nd largest film industry behind California, hell even small town like Shelby NC have film studios, they dont make a difference in your city developing honestly,nor Colleges, or Universities. Hell even ports dont make that much of a budge except the potential to hurt a city economical, just like it has Charleston and its been one of the biggest since the founding of the country, but you still see Charleston is still only about 120,000 thousand at the most.
Baton Rogue also has a significant petrochemical industry sector, which helps it as well. This is why you see Baton Rogue rated pretty favorably in a couple of "best cities" lists recently, along with Houston, Dallas, Oklahoma City, etc. Energy is the industry of the (foreseeable) future. I think that industry above all the others puts Baton Rogue in a favorable position, and the economic stability that the port, institutions of higher education, and state government add only strengthen its position.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:07 PM

1,374 posts, read 3,254,805 times
Default Columbus, On a fast track!

Columbus, is definitely a city and region that is poised to become one of Americas "new" major cities.
I've read and have heard so much more praise for this city ... than I have heard negative commentaries.
Columbus offers:
an excellent quality of life
has an excellent infrastructure
a very diversified economy
Major employers that are headquartered here include: Nationwide Insurance Companies, State Auto Insurance, Safe Auto Insurance, Abercrombie & Fitch & Huntington Bank ( just to mention a few )
There is also a HUGE "D.F.A.S." ( Federal Govt ) campus located just east
of downtown.

The city also offers beautiful residential areas within it's boundaries and
has rapidly developing suburban areas that are quite appealing.
The metro area is easily traveled due to an expansive and impressive network of freeways.

Being the capitol of Ohio certainly doesn't hurt the city at all either.

Columbus is most often compared to Charlotte ... and I feel that is an equal comparison.
Charlottes growth "is" outpacing that of Columbus ... however, multitudes are beginning to "rediscover" some of the midwests "hidden jewels", and Columbus is most definitely a city / region to watch for in Americas future.
I would also give an honorable mention to Columbus' nearby sibling of
Indianapolis.
Attached Thumbnails
What cities are evolving into major cities?-skyview-today.jpg  

Old 01-14-2010, 10:36 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,301,517 times
Columbus is a great city. Very cool urban neighborhoods.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:27 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,449,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Baton Rogue also has a significant petrochemical industry sector, which helps it as well. This is why you see Baton Rogue rated pretty favorably in a couple of "best cities" lists recently, along with Houston, Dallas, Oklahoma City, etc. Energy is the industry of the (foreseeable) future. I think that industry above all the others puts Baton Rogue in a favorable position, and the economic stability that the port, institutions of higher education, and state government add only strengthen its position.
I've never heard of Naked Stick but I've heard of Red Stick (Baton Rouge).

Old 01-15-2010, 02:04 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,865,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
I've never heard of Naked Stick but I've heard of Red Stick (Baton Rouge).
LOL, I do that often but usually catch it.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:16 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,762,561 times
Fort Worth

Population: 720,250
Metro:6,300,006

Old 01-16-2010, 07:24 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
Fort Worth

Population: 720,250
Metro:6,300,006
Fort Worth doesn't even have "major league sport teams" , I would
say!!!!

(1) Columbus Ohio
(2) Tulsa Oklahoma
(3) Oklahoma City
(4) Raliegh NC
(5) Omaha Neb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City