Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has better shopping?
White Plans, NY 22 30.14%
Chicago 51 69.86%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 09:49 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,324,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Because the Macy's is the World's largest store
The first time I went there I thought it was a mall, it was crazy big.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 09:56 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,426,216 times
Chicago.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:58 PM

1,994 posts, read 5,827,372 times
Chicago

Old 08-12-2009, 11:05 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,796,759 times
x3.

Chicago.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:14 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,811,395 times
4-SV...or who ever you are currently portraying..Aspen has a higher average and yes ( your selling figures are from 07) Aspen has higher sold properties then the The Hamptons sale of 07, and is easily America's most expensive real estate by Every Major real estate reporting web site..There is land valued at over 300k that will be offered this Winter..that will will destroy any compared US real estate selling price by a huge margin even if fire sold at half price..which of course would never happen.. The Spelling Estate offered in Bev Hills currently at 150 milllion even at a full price offer would look kind of weak in perspective..Aspen is over 2 million dollars higher average than anywhere in NYC or any other East Coast city..that is reality..I'm tired yawn....people can look it up themselves..I am not posting links and stuff anymore as it has become redundant.People know your facts are skewed and that you are nothing more than trolling at all costs.. people can look it up in headings on Wallstreet Journal, Forbes,The Biz Journal ect...Aspen = US most expensive..end of story Final Cut and other shared personas......You also forgot to post the Homby Hills mansion that sold last Autumn for 104 million..and the highest in Aspen 119 million early o8..higher than the Hamptons. And while on the topic at hand Chicago Easily beats White Plains in shopping..why are we even discussing this silliness..// And yes the most expensive US home SOLD this year(09) was in Aspen as well..

Last edited by Scott5280; 08-13-2009 at 01:33 AM..

Old 08-13-2009, 10:15 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,500,336 times
You have to give 4-sv credit, at least he stays in character. hsw is a little better at it though and often has actual informative information.
From champagne however... if you actually did speak any french, or know about french regions coupled with the actual pronunciation alone would never lead you to type it out as champaign, quite a mockery. Especially considering you should have seen it on all those bottles you are popping at the boutiques. perhaps you should go back to the campagne and out of the city. :I

Old 08-13-2009, 12:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,772,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
4-SV...or who ever you are currently portraying..Aspen has a higher average and yes ( your selling figures are from 07) Aspen has higher sold properties then the The Hamptons sale of 07, and is easily America's most expensive real estate by Every Major real estate reporting web site..There is land valued at over 300k that will be offered this Winter..that will will destroy any compared US real estate selling price by a huge margin even if fire sold at half price..which of course would never happen.. The Spelling Estate offered in Bev Hills currently at 150 milllion even at a full price offer would look kind of weak in perspective..Aspen is over 2 million dollars higher average than anywhere in NYC or any other East Coast city..that is reality..I'm tired yawn....people can look it up themselves..I am not posting links and stuff anymore as it has become redundant.People know your facts are skewed and that you are nothing more than trolling at all costs.. people can look it up in headings on Wallstreet Journal, Forbes,The Biz Journal ect...Aspen = US most expensive..end of story Final Cut and other shared personas......You also forgot to post the Homby Hills mansion that sold last Autumn for 104 million..and the highest in Aspen 119 million early o8..higher than the Hamptons. And while on the topic at hand Chicago Easily beats White Plains in shopping..why are we even discussing this silliness..// And yes the most expensive US home SOLD this year(09) was in Aspen as well..
Proof or it never happened.

Nevermind I dug up the truth..

Quote:
The property is one of the most expensive homes ever sold in Aspen. To date, the highest residential sale in Aspen was $47 million in 2006 for Crystal Island Ranch, a sprawling ranch estate with multiple building sites.
http://blogs.wsj.com/developments/20...ets-09-record/ ...this article is from a few weeks ago. Nothing has sold for even half of 100 million in aspen.

so a "sprawling ranch with multiple building sites" that sold or 47 million vs a piece of land that sold for 103 million in the hamptons. The Hamptons is sounds much richer and more valuable.

I don't believe the LA stoy either. I read real-estate blogs and the highest price that ever sold in LA was like 50 million.

sorry, I trust 4-SV before you because he sounds more credible and you are always making up lies or are just have no clue.

Last edited by Americanboy; 08-13-2009 at 01:02 PM..

Old 08-13-2009, 01:28 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,811,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanboy View Post
Proof or it never happened.

Nevermind I dug up the truth..

Aspen Home Sells for $43 Million, Sets ‘09 Record - Developments - WSJ ...this article is from a few weeks ago. Nothing has sold for even half of 100 million in aspen.

so a "sprawling ranch with multiple building sites" that sold or 47 million vs a piece of land that sold for 103 million in the hamptons. The Hamptons is sounds much richer and more valuable.

I don't believe the LA stoy either. I read real-estate blogs and the highest price that ever sold in LA was like 50 million.

sorry, I trust 4-SV before you because he sounds more credible and you are always making up lies or are just have no clue.
I do have egg on my face,and will Totally admit that I was wrong..as I researched property blogs..stats..there are no SOLD prices that I had quoted..only asking ..So I concede to your points..I am not trying to troll here,and thanks for correcting me. The average priced real estate as of late is much higher in Aspen at the moment though,and the numbers all show it..I do not want to be looked at as not credible (only clueless). So AGAIN you are right and I was wrong everyone WHEN IT Comes to Sold Data..I was aware of Donald Trumps Palm 99 million sold..of course with media so was everyone..but again I will try harder to better research the actual facts before posting misinformation everyone..Thanks for your consideration..Scott5280

But with regards to the big picture here....OH I'm sorry I did not see see The hamptons in the top spots on this list or the half a dozen other recent stat reporting sites though..Did you ?,but I do see #1 Aspen, and #4 neighboring Snowmass Village Colorado...http://www.viewwestaspen.com/blog/index.php?p=18 (broken link)

Last edited by Scott5280; 08-13-2009 at 02:26 PM..

Old 08-13-2009, 02:04 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,452,056 times
I can't believe people are actually trying to say Aspen isn't a playground for the ultra-elite. I especially love the argument about some home that sold in Aspen for only $43 million...not the previously claimed $100M+.

It's pretty funny that AmericanBoy believes 4-SV sounds more credible than others...this guy is claiming that White Plains, NY has better shopping than Chicago, and calling Aspen a "has-been" town where only old people go haha.

All the while talking about how the best department stores will serve only the best shoppers champaign while visiting their stores haha.

I can pretend to be rich too! From now on, nobody call me by tmac9wr...my new name is Dollar Q. Cashington III, Esquire. Whenever I post here I'll be wearing a monocle and a top hat. I'll blow my nose with faux $100 bills and talk about the horrors of the MidWest.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:48 PM

318 posts, read 320,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
I can't believe people are actually trying to say Aspen isn't a playground for the ultra-elite. I especially love the argument about some home that sold in Aspen for only $43 million...not the previously claimed $100M+.

It's pretty funny that AmericanBoy believes 4-SV sounds more credible than others...this guy is claiming that White Plains, NY has better shopping than Chicago, and calling Aspen a "has-been" town where only old people go haha.

All the while talking about how the best department stores will serve only the best shoppers champaign while visiting their stores haha.

I can pretend to be rich too! From now on, nobody call me by tmac9wr...my new name is Dollar Q. Cashington III, Esquire. Whenever I post here I'll be wearing a monocle and a top hat. I'll blow my nose with faux $100 bills and talk about the horrors of the MidWest.
Of course Aspen is the playground for the rich and famous, so is Miami and few other places but the prices there will never approach prices in Manhattan or its extension: Hamptons. As far as I know the most expensive real estate in the US is in Manhattan.

As far as shopping is concerned, Chicago pompousely named Magnificent Mile does not offer shopping better than upscale malls of New York and New Jersey and other parts of the country I can provide links if you need to verify this. The reason is that fashion market in Chicago and Midwest is very limited as there are virtually no locally based designers and industry publications / shows so the stores selling in Chicago adjust to that situation. You may think of Chicago as the center of the Universe however rich an famous apparently do not and they are the biggest clientele of any high end fashion brand or store.

I find SV very credible as he displays klnowledge of both Chicago and New York (read his posts) and as far as calling Aspen a has been for old people, you have to agree that the list of year-round residents is not that impressive at all. Who actually lives in Aspen?

Why is Chicago gang always so defensive? You mention brutal Midwestern winters and all of a sudden people will try to prove it is not that bad or not worse than in New York. Pretty pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City