Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is more gay-friendly?
Chicago 82 56.16%
Atlanta 64 43.84%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 11:59 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,368,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
You may be correct but once you leave the city limits, Georgia can be pretty scary. Southern Illinois is a long way from Chicago.

Isn't West Hollywood\ Los Angeles the most concentrated gay city in the U.S.?
Absolutely not true re: the City Limits. More gays live in the suburbs than in the City now, DeKalb County in particular.

There are gay bars outside the I-285 Perimeter.

Oh, and South Georgia is a long way from Atlanta.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:00 PM

183 posts, read 230,845 times
Atlanta is the gay capital of the South. And one of the nation's most diverse. Whether you want to dance your feet off at My Sister's Room lesbian bar or spend a leisurly afternoon at Outwrite gay and lesbian bookstore. With one of the nation's largest gay pride parades, gay film festival and numerous other cultural events, you'll understand why they call this "Hot-lant

Old 11-19-2009, 12:02 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,463,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy21 View Post
Ok then If you not gay then you wouldnt have no clue
Alright...so are you gay and have you been beaten up in the Bronx or Brooklyn? If not, "you wouldn't have no clue" either.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:02 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,391,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Absolutely not true re: the City Limits. More gays live in the suburbs than in the City now, DeKalb County in particular.

There are gay bars outside the I-285 Perimeter.

Oh, and South Georgia is a long way from Atlanta.
That's good to hear. Atlanta is definitely helping to change old biases common in the South. Same can be said about Houston & Dallas. The progressive cities in the South are lessening the grip of evangelical haters.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
No I am not gay but my brother, several cousins and a few aunts\ uncles are gay. I come from a very large family but the number of "out" gays has helped shape my attitudes. Its all good in my opinion; people loving each other instead of hating.

Right I feel you and I wish more people were like you. I think it shouldnt matter what my lifestyle is because it doesnt concern anyone. but for someone reason there alot of people who say they are straight focus too much time worry about gay people

Old 11-19-2009, 12:03 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,368,320 times
Quote:
That's good to hear. Atlanta is definitely helping to change old biases common in the South. Same can be said about Houston & Dallas. The progressive cities in the South are lessening the grip of evangelical haters.
Thank God!

Old 11-19-2009, 12:04 PM

4,036 posts, read 9,245,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
Chicago for sure.

It's very gay friendly city with a much larger gay scene and many more gay venues.

And who can forget the giant Pride parade in June every year?
Atlanta has a pride parade in June (Halloween this year) too. Most major cities have pride parades. So parades alone doesn't make Chicago more gay friendly. Not to be ugly of course just saying.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:05 PM

657 posts, read 1,505,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Totally not true. The white gay population is MANY times larger than the black gay population here.
No offense, but not what I could see. And perception can be reality. I've never seen so many black gay people in my life before. Some of them are real characters too -- quite funny.

Are there any statistics that show the breakdown? I know this guy Ty at work here in DC who constantly go down to Atlanta for some parties. I'll ask him since he's both gay and black and I'm not. LOL!

Old 11-19-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
Alright...so are you gay and have you been beaten up in the Bronx or Brooklyn? If not, "you wouldn't have no clue" either.
No I have not but i know people who have been terrible bashed there so yes i do have a clue

Old 11-19-2009, 12:06 PM

4,036 posts, read 9,245,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy21 View Post
Right I feel you and I wish more people were like you. I think it shouldnt matter what my lifestyle is because it doesnt concern anyone. but for someone reason there alot of people who say they are straight focus too much time worry about gay people
That is so true. You do you and I'm a do me should be this country's motto but sadly it is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City