Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is better?
Dallas 124 48.82%
Atlanta 130 51.18%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 05:26 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,994,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Man. No I am not. Re-read my post again. It is no disrespect to Fort Worth. Leave Texas for a minute. heck, leave the country and tell them you're from Fort Worth. You won't get many replies from people knowing where exactly that is at and what major city it is by.

Now I do agree that people are ignorant of Fort Worth's status and it's population. But that is not Dallas fault. That is Fort Worth's fault. Fort Worth needs to get it's name out there and stop blaming Dallas on why everybody always excludes them.
That is true. Without looking it up, I couldn't you anything about Ft. Worth other than it's next to Dallas. Hell, the city planners could rip everything down and turn it to a modern Babylon whilst offering free gold doubloons to all new residents and still the only thing people would know about the place is that it's next to Dallas. People in Ft. Worth should come up with something to really make them stand out.

On another note, what use does this thread have any more?

Old 12-21-2009, 05:29 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Are there any Dallas named businesses in Fort Worth?
lol yea Williams Chicken and Blockbuster.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:32 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
It's not ALL Fort Worth's fault.

Remember, any time someone asks a DALLASITE the question of Fort Worth being appart of Dallas and having no real contribution in the area, they will tell you 99% of the time that Dallas is the reason why everything exists in the DFW Metroplex.

That's also how we get threads like this...
Well there is no excuse for why any Dallasite or Texan for that matter would say that and I would assume they wouldn't do that. You do have what we like to call Dallitude existing but I don't think most are like that. However, if Fort Worth wants to stop living in Dallas shadow, it must present itself. It has much to offer and even better plans such as the Trinity River project which is far superior to Dallas trinity River project.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:32 PM

This site doesn't give justice of just how big the Fort Worth vs. Dallas rivarly is. You have to go to the streets of DFW to really find out.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:34 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,101,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
When one thinks of the Bay Area, what city do you think most people in the world know of? It isn't Oakland or San Jose. It is San Francisco. When one thinks of the city of the Metroplex, what city do you think most people would know of. It isn't Fort Worth or Arlington. THAT'S what we are saying.

Dallas has the brand name on the metroplex. It's by far the most known city of the region for people outside the region. While Arlington is not a suburb of Dallas, most suburbs in the entire metroplex would call themselves a suburb of Dallas and that includes suburbs that are even close to Fort Worth. You can't take it away because if you did, who's to say that at least a million out of the current 2.1 million in the FW division would probably be in Dallas right about now. most people out of state that move to Fort Worth mostly do so because it is close to Dallas. Period. DFW is ONE and you can't break it up and like it or not, most people outside the region will call it DFW, or just simply DALLAS.
That what i'm taking about YOUR TAKING FORT WORTH out, I'm not trying to spilt the region I Know DFW it's two cities that have one MSA. reguardless of how people are ignorant of FT Worth the region is NOT just simply DALLAS and Metro Dallas is incorrect!!!!!!! Then Arlington is the closet City to Dallas in Tarrent County It's next Grand Parie that boarders Dallas. I also live in Mansifeld and Euless area it's the samething they see themself more as a suburb of Fort Worth if they had pick a city. How can surburbs close to FW call themselves suburbs of Dallas When there block by Arlington and etc to get to Dallas? Type up any suburb in Tarrant county and see what city pop up! You don't want to drop FW but you want FW play a suburb sorry.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
That what i'm taking about YOUR TAKING FORT WORTH out, I'm not trying to spilt the region I Know DFW it's two cities that have one MSA. reguardless of how people are ignorant of FT Worth the region is NOT just simply DALLAS and Metro Dallas is incorrect!!!!!!! Then Arlington is the closet City to Dallas in Tarrent County It's next Grand Parie that boarders Dallas. I also live in Mansifeld and Euless area it's the samething they see themself more as a suburb of Fort Worth if they had pick a city. How can surburbs close to FW call themselves suburbs of Dallas When there block by Arlington and etc to get to Dallas? Type up any suburb in Tarrant county and see what city pop up! You don't want to drop FW but you want FW play a suburb sorry.
That trinity river project Man is even suppose to even expand downtown Fort Worth. I am looking forward to seeing the project completed. I know the project is well over a billion dollars.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:37 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
That is true. Without looking it up, I couldn't you anything about Ft. Worth other than it's next to Dallas. Hell, the city planners could rip everything down and turn it to a modern Babylon whilst offering free gold doubloons to all new residents and still the only thing people would know about the place is that it's next to Dallas. People in Ft. Worth should come up with something to really make them stand out.

On another note, what use does this thread have any more?

1. Ask people from Fort Worth about their own city, THEN you'll have something to know.

2. Fort Worth DOES have things that makes it stand out. It's just that everyone else REFUSES to see Fort Worth as its own city with its own image. We've got American Airlines, TCU football, on of the best Racetracks in the country, we have a great mix of old west culture and modern culture, one of the best, walkable, constantly rebuilding downtown area that pays homage to the old west and has great architecture, world class museums and one of the best zoos in the country. Hell, even the DALLAS Cowboys stadium is in OUR county. The fact is, people outside the area and most Dallasites will tell you other wise because it's just makes Dallas look bigger and better than what it is. Like everything in Dallas and Dallas County just isn't enough for them.

3. I just mentioned why we have threads like this on the last page.... People are WAAAAAY too prideful of their home towns.

Hope that answered some of your questions.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:42 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times
Spade, Fort Worth isn't like Dallas in that it's not flashy.... and it's like that's a BAD thing, ya know?

The thing with Dallas is, they jump at the chance to promote what they DON'T have.

- Races at the TMS
- TCU Football (when they win)
- Everything in Arlington

Hell, there was an article that said, "Fort Worth was the POOR SIDE of Dallas"?

Fort Worth doesn't do that. Unlike Dallas, we claim only what WE have.

... I hope that doesn't stir anything up.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:42 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Most suburbs of the metro area even in Tarrant County (the ones that are closest to Dallas County besides Arlington) are more closely tied to Dallas than they are to Fort Worth because historically Dallas was seen as the larger, more popular, more dominate city of the area for DECADES. People who move to these suburbs from out of state know that it is close to Dallas. Not Fort Worth. Again, I ask you one more time, copy and paste where I said Fort Worth is the suburb. I have consistently said in this thread that Fort Worth is it's own city and it's not a suburb. I did however say that Tarrant County is suburban. There's a difference there.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:43 PM

649 posts, read 1,423,606 times
Ok this thread has turned into the battle of the metroplex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City