Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is better?
Dallas 124 48.82%
Atlanta 130 51.18%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 02:11 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,835,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
I didnt know Rickey Smiley or steve harvey relocated but the show still comes on. It sucks and boring in my opinion that everything that is black is relocating to Atlanta. Damn whatever happen to loyalty and building a strong foundation in your own communites.
I keep looking around, and the only info I found is about them adding Atlanta as a market for the Rickey Smiley show, but I've found nothing saying he's moved the show to Georgia. So it probably is just a false rumor.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:12 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,251,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
For one it's boring. Then there's like not team effort. Everybody agrees with Steve, everybody laughs at Steve regardless of how unfunny he may be at the time. It's like this is Steve's show and what Steve says goes. Nobody else contributes anything to the show other than to back up Steve. I've even heard an episode where the Strawberry lady went against the grain and you could tell that Steve wasn't to happy.

Thank God for Big Boi's neighborhood and Tom Joyner.
I can only take Steve Harvey's show in small doses. That and his suits annoy me. I do like the Strawberry Letter and the Nephew Tommy prank calls but other than that? No. And you are right about them laughing and agreeing with everything Steve says. Rumor has it that he got rid of Jackie Reed because she went against the grain and she came off a lot more well-read and smarter than Steve, and he couldn't possibly have THAT. The funny thing is that I like a lot of his stand up comedy.

But if you think Steve Harvey is awful, take a listen to Frank and Wanda in the Morning on V-103 next time you're in Atlanta. Frank comes off like a know-it-all bloviating blowhard and he knows it.When Wanda isn't laughing at everything under the sun, she and Frank are fighting on the air.

I usually just listen to Lex & Terry on my iPhone during my morning commute

Old 12-17-2009, 02:16 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,843,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcCoySays View Post
I keep looking around, and the only info I found is about them adding Atlanta as a market for the Rickey Smiley show, but I've found nothing saying he's moved the show to Georgia. So it probably is just a false rumor.

This the best I found.

Hot 107.9’s syndicated host Ricky Smiley moves to Atlanta | Radio & TV Talk

Old 12-17-2009, 02:18 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,835,189 times
Big Boi's morning show is corny. Tom Joyner and Rickey Smiley were the funniest shows hands down. Smiley has Sis. Jenkins and the church announcements, and everybody on TJMS was funny as all hell.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:18 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,488,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
I can only take Steve Harvey in small doses. That and his suits annoy me. I do like the Strawberry Letter and the Nephew Tommy prank calls but other than that? No. And you are right about them laughing and agreeing with everything Steve says. Rumor has it that he got rid of Jackie Reed because she went against the grain and she came off a lot more well-read and smarter than Steve, and he couldn't possibly have THAT.

But if you think Steve Harvey is awful, take a listen to Frank and Wanda in the Morning on V-103 next time you're in Atlanta. Frank comes off like a know-it-all bloviating blowhard and he knows it.When Wanda isn't laughing at everything under the sun, she and Frank are getting into it.
I'll pass. I've never listened to Michael Baisden since it comes on in the evening, but I've heard good things about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcCoySays View Post
Big Boi's morning show is corny. Tom Joyner and Rickey Smiley were the funniest shows hands down. Smiley has Sis. Jenkins and the church announcements, and everybody on TJMS was funny as all hell.
Out here your only alternatives to Steve Harvey are Big Boi or Tom Joyner. I listened to Rickey Smiley in Mississippi once, but it doesn't come on here.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
I'll pass. I've never listened to Michael Baisden since it comes on in the evening, but I've heard good things about it.

Out here your only alternatives to Steve Harvey are Big Boi or Tom Joyner. I listened to Rickey Smiley in Mississippi once, but it doesn't come on here.
Rickey Smiley is from Mississippi....got have the show broadcast in his home state.

K104 Skip & Nanette Lee etc man use to be the show in DFW....

Old 12-17-2009, 02:24 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,488,704 times
I always thought he was from Alabama. Learn something new everyday.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Rickey Smiley is from Mississippi....got have the show broadcast in his home state.
No, Rickey Smiley was born and raised in Birmingham, Alabama.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
No, Rickey Smiley was born and raised in Birmingham, Alabama.
Aw sorry thanks for the correction.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:

Michael Baisden is interesting to listen to depending on what the topic is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City