Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 12:18 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,286,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Beacuse this is about international connections, and they don't have them. Not a slight at all.
Midway International Airport

Gary/Chicago International Airport

Really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 12:24 AM

734 posts, read 2,053,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Seriously? Unless you think most WHITE people(as Seattle is a predominantly WHITE city) have connections to Europe. See how STUPID that sounded?
Ummm...no, I already assumed that most white people had no European connections. Let's go on from there, this should be fun.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:32 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,357,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasS6 View Post
So you're saying that the amount of international people has nothing to do with the international flavor of the city? Hmmm.

Anyway, you trying to paint Canada and Mexico as not being international is cute, but when you realize you're just being an Atlanta booster, it all makes sense.
At this point you have proven you are absolutely clueless as to the premise of this thread.

International airline connectivity is not a reflection of a cities ethnic makeup as it pertains to this subject. If it was, please explain to us why an area as heavily Scandanavian as Seattle lost it's nonstops to Copenhagen on SAS after over 30 years?

First you claim that there is no way ATL could compete with Seattle and Honolulu. You were just incredulous that it could possibly be as connected. When proven massively wrong, you then slyly inject race with your reference to Atlanta's African connections.

Then you boost up Trans-border flights to something they are not in a sad atttempt to back up your misinformed claims of Reagan, Wayne, Midway & San Jose being globally connected.

Now it just appears that you are bitter at being proven wrong about Seattle & Honolulu's sub-par connections to non-Asian destinations vs. Atlanta's vastly superior global reach.

Who's the homer now?

Old 02-07-2010, 12:37 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:
Ummm...no, I already assumed that most white people had no European connections. Let's go on from there, this should be fun.
Hey, you're the entertainer.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:39 AM

Yeah...I was talking about more the spirit of the thread and not specifically the flight
statistics. We all know what those are.

Considering I was born and raised in Chicago and have lived in Honolulu for less than year, I'd guess the homer is you. Honolulu and Seattle have a vastly larger international community, which will result in international "connections" past just flights. I assumed we understood that I was talking about more than just flights. I guess you were still talking about flights.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Midway International Airport

Gary/Chicago International Airport

Really?
Seriously.

Gary has very few if any flights at all at the moment.

There are very occassional charters to Cancun, but not lately. Gary would love to have more.

Midway has a few flights to Canada & Mexico, but hardly any.

O'Hare has 99.9% of the international service in Chicagoland.

Just as an aside, there are literally dozens and dozens of airports around the country with International in their name. It is more often than not in name only, sadly.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:46 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,286,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Seriously.

Gary has very few if any flights at all at the moment.

There are very occassional charters to Cancun, but not lately. Gary would love to have more.

Midway has a few flights to Canada & Mexico, but hardly any.

O'Hare has 99.9% of the international service in Chicagoland.

Just as an aside, there are literally dozens and dozens of airports around the country with International in their name. It is more often than not in name only, sadly.
No, but they do, and you said that they have none at all in any way.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Yeah...I was talking about more the spirit of the thread and not specifically the flight
statistics. We all know what those are.

Considering I was born and raised in Chicago and have lived in Honolulu for less than year, I'd guess the homer is you. Honolulu and Seattle have a vastly larger international community, which will result in international "connections" past just flights. I assumed we understood that I was talking about more than just flights. I guess you were still talking about flights.
No, I was talking about global flights the entire time - per the title of this thread.

And sorry, but if you think Seattle has a vastly larger international community than Atlanta, you are wrong again.

I can't WAIT unitl the Census comes out next year. So many myths are going to explode.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:53 AM

2,023 posts, read 4,185,767 times
Quote:
Yeah...I was talking about more the spirit of the thread and not specifically the statistics. We all know what those are.

I don't doubt that Honolulu and Seattle have a much larger international community in percentages then Atlanta, but I don't know about raw numbers. Atlanta has a much bigger metro than either one of those two cities, so in raw numbers, I'm not sure Atlanta doesn't have a larger international community.

But either way, I don't think the numbers posted are that surprising. Considering Honolulu and Seattle don't have an airline company anywhere close to the size of Delta, United, or American Airlines, I'm sure a good portion of the international flights out of those two cities are foriegn companies. Also, Honolulu's and Seattle's airports very much benefit from their geographical location.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:54 AM

Oh, I was talking "Most internationally connected U.S. cities" like the title of the thread. My bad. But good luck on that census next year, I guess? You seem to have a lot personally invested in it, hope it ends well for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City