Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 12:14 PM

882 posts, read 2,245,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
The Kroger's in my area has one, then the Target right across the street on the other side has one, and right in front of the target is another... 3 in like one block... I don't understand the point of there being three of them that close to each other. LOL, but whatever works.
I know, the local target here has one, and then the strip mall that is in the same lot has a starbucks as a tenant. Crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 12:30 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,521,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthmoreAve View Post
I know, the local target here has one, and then the strip mall that is in the same lot has a starbucks as a tenant. Crazy.
I don't consider the ones in Target or grocery stores real starbucks, for some reason the coffee they make in there tastes pretty off and usually the baristas are some stupid grocery store cashier or stock person who doesn't know how to make a proper drink.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:42 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,696,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
I don't consider the ones in Target or grocery stores real starbucks, for some reason the coffee they make in there tastes pretty off and usually the baristas are some stupid grocery store cashier or stock person who doesn't know how to make a proper drink.
The starbucks in targets are real. They taste the same, they are the same. Maybe you had a bad experience.

In the target near me there is a starbucks in it. In its own little room, with the same types of chairs, tables and styles you would see at a regular starbucks, the full starbucks menu and real starbucks staff. It looks like this:

Old 05-16-2010, 12:44 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,521,087 times
Yeah that is what I'm talking about, I've been to many they can never make what I drink right... iced americano, light water, extra ice with an extra shot...they always eff it up unless I go to one where they've had a long term employee at a standalone store. I've had dozens of bad coffees at those kind of locations. I know at Safeway and Target here they are definitely not starbucks baristas like I am used to, but old women who should probably be sweeping floors, they don't know what they are doing except to press buttons. Given the choice though I'd pick almost any other coffee shop over Starbucks, they roast their beans too long and it isn't as fresh as say Peet's or a local place who roasts daily. If I am paying 3 dollars for an espresso it better be good, that is my thinking, some people don't care. If I wanted an improper drink I'd stop at a gas station.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:48 PM

The town center near me has a starbucks in the target store like the photo above ^^^, a starbucks in the Barnes and Noble book store and a regular starbucks... 3 all within yards of each other.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
Yeah that is what I'm talking about, I've been to many they can never make what I drink right... iced americano, light water, extra ice with an extra shot...they always eff it up unless I go to one where they've had a long term employee at a standalone store. I've had dozens of bad coffees at those kind of locations. I know at Safeway and Target here they are definitely not starbucks baristas like I am used to, but old women who should probably be sweeping floors, they don't know what they are doing except to press buttons. Given the choice though I'd pick almost any other coffee shop over Starbucks, they roast their beans too long and it isn't as fresh as say Peet's or a local place who roasts daily. If I am paying 3 dollars for an espresso it better be good, that is my thinking, some people don't care. If I wanted an improper drink I'd stop at a gas station.
You must of just had bad people. The employees working at those starbucks are hired through starbucks. They have nothing to do with the stores they are inside of. There are long term employees in them. They are no different.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:50 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,925,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
The town center near me has a starbucks in the target store like the photo above ^^^, a starbucks in the Barnes and Noble book store and a regular starbucks... 3 all within yards of each other.

Don't all targets have a starbucks in them? and Barnes and Noble too

Old 05-16-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
I'm pretty sure, whats your point?

Old 05-16-2010, 12:58 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,925,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
I'm pretty sure, whats your point?

that they all look the same per the original post

Old 05-16-2010, 12:59 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
No. Well at least not here. It's mostly safeways if starbucks is in a big box store. Barnes and Noble carries Seattle's Best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City