Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2011, 04:01 PM

2 posts, read 2,572 times

Advertisements

My fiancee and I will be looking to rent a condo or house in the Beachwood/Univ. Hts/Shaker Hts area (ideally south of Cedar, north of Chagrin, east of Warrensville Center and west of Richmond). We both will be doing our postdoctoral fellowships/residencies at the Cleveland Clinic and would like to be within a 20 minute drive to work. Ideally we would also like to live in the same place for 2-3 years. We are very responsible (we are landlords ourselves as we currently own rental property) and would rather not live in an apartment, although that seems to be all we can find so far. Any suggestions or contacts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

Last edited by DSPhD; 03-15-2011 at 04:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 08:09 AM

126 posts, read 339,331 times
What about South Euclid? I know someone who has a house for rent between Warrensville and Belvoir roads.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:01 PM

6 posts, read 17,971 times
Why did you pick those streets as borders? My husband and I are also starting fellowships at the Cleveland Clinic so we are looking for housing too, but are not familiar with the area. Is it less safe/desirable outside those borders? We have a daughter so safety is very important. He wants to buy, I'm not so sure it's a good idea!

Old 03-16-2011, 10:04 PM

2 posts, read 2,572 times
As for South Euclid, that would be fine if its between Warrensville and Belvoir but I'd like to be south of Cedar which I think would make it University Hts. Lisa - to answer your question, I just like to avoid Cedar if possible - its a much more enjoyable commute taking fairmount, north park, shaker or woodland. The borders that I described are in what I think an ideal location to/from the CCF and shopping/restaurants, plus I think there are a lot of nice neighborhoods in that area.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:11 PM

10 posts, read 24,566 times
Shaker has some pretty fabulous rental opportunities - it's a very popular place for residents to live, and many of them end up buying in Shaker if they stay at UH at CCF. There are both single family homes and two-family homes for rent, and you can be to work in 15 minutes by car or rapid. Or even bike in nice weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland