Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 05:57 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,442,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuyFromOC View Post

But like I said Rocky River at this point is still a fine city and probably won't be failing for awhile if at all. However just like East Cleveland was at once a thriving suburb it could just as well happen to Rocky River.
Except for it really can't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 06:43 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,579,336 times
Look at Orange's radically changing demographics and falling test scores. If it can happen there, it can anywhere.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:59 AM

90% of everyone on these forums is ridiculous. So now, in addition to every neighborhood in city proper and the Heights, Beachwood, and South Euclid, it's also of the utmost importance to avoid the terrible ghettos of Rocky River and Orange (plus, they'll only get worse!). Duly noted. How close exactly is too close? How about Middlefield? Or are the innercity thugs spread out to even Amish country now????

Guess I'll just stay in the northeast where I'm safe from "changing demographics" and "test scores."

Old 04-23-2013, 07:00 AM

3,413 posts, read 5,124,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBideon View Post
Look at Orange's radically changing demographics and falling test scores. If it can happen there, it can anywhere.
Rapidly changing demographics?

In 2000 it was:
81.46% White,
12.64% African American

In 2010 it was
76.3% White
14.3% Black

I wouldn't call that rapidly changing. Also, failing test scores? The district received an excellent rating on their state report card last year... http://www.ode.state.oh.us/reportcar...IST/046581.pdf. Really wondering where you get your information from.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:37 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,835,617 times
Quote:
I'm assuming the MAJORITY of users on here have never even been inside public housing much less lived in them so you really don't what the term "ghetto" is.
I've seen all 5 seasons of The Wire, though.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:45 AM

79 posts, read 235,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
90% of everyone on these forums is ridiculous. So now, in addition to every neighborhood in city proper and the Heights, Beachwood, and South Euclid, it's also of the utmost importance to avoid the terrible ghettos of Rocky River and Orange (plus, they'll only get worse!). Duly noted. How close exactly is too close? How about Middlefield? Or are the innercity thugs spread out to even Amish country now????

Guess I'll just stay in the northeast where I'm safe from "changing demographics" and "test scores."
bjimmy you've proven yourself to be some type of special, feel free to wipe the slob off your collar and exit the conversation.

Idk where the eff middlefield is but I do know you are severely not informed on matters like these. I assume your either some white Realtor born with a some spoon in his mouth. You may know Cleveland geography, but know nothing about what really happens in the inner city, the projects, its residents or the poverty and crime that occurs in Cleveland. The closest you've probably been to a hood is YouTube.

What magical property does Rocky River have that stops it from ever becoming run down and or dangerous in the future? It doesn't have one because there isn't one. It can happen anywhere.

I'll take L2DBs The Wire (Baltimore Based I believe) advice before I listen to anything bjimmy has to offer.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:53 AM

Highly unlikely in at least the next 20-30 years, IMO, but there was no timeframe or probability estimate on the statement so yes, it definitely could happen.

Bjimmy, you are obviously wrong here.

Last edited by L2DB; 04-23-2013 at 08:55 AM.. Reason: Grammar semantics, FTW.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
bjimmy you've proven yourself to be some type of special, feel free to wipe the slob off your collar and exit the conversation.

Idk where the eff middlefield is but I do know you are severely not informed on matters like these. I assume your either some white Realtor born with a some spoon in his mouth. You may know Cleveland geography, but know nothing about what really happens in the inner city, the projects, its residents or the poverty and crime that occurs in Cleveland. The closest you've probably been to a hood is YouTube.

What magical property does Rocky River have that stops it from ever becoming run down and or dangerous in the future? It doesn't have one because there isn't one. It can happen anywhere.

I'll take L2DBs The Wire (Baltimore Based I believe) advice before I listen to anything bjimmy has to offer.
Dude, you are some 19 year old kid that has no idea about life. What exactly do you know about me?

I know Cleveland a hell of a lot better than you do, not just geogprahy. Don't even talk to me about hoods. You're from the west side.

You are truly an idiot. You are obsessed with talking about crime and ghettos like it somehow gives you street cred. It doesn't. It makes you sound like a lowlife. You probably are one, so it's ok. I have yet to read one insightful post from you. Other than a bunch of nonsense about how tough and scary everywhere is. "ohhhh watch out for rocky river, gettin rough out there." "ohhhhhhhhh damn dude Beachwood! You know, they're startin to call it the 'Wood now. So ghetto. So ghetto." Seriously listen to the idiocy that comes out of your brain.

Middlefield is Amish country. It's far away. I know that joke was lost on you. Not for the weak-minded I guess. But what do I know, I'm just some white realtor, born with a spoon in my mouth. That's probably why I grew up in the terrible hood of Cleveland Heights and now I'm working 2 jobs to live. I won't give you the discourtesy of prentending I know anything about your personal life, but I can make judgements about your character and brain capacity from your posts. Gotta say, neither one is looking too positive right now.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:53 AM

254 posts, read 307,439 times
Personally, I'm grateful for bjimmy.... I've been going to a gym in Rocky River for months without even packing heat. I must've just gotten lucky...

Old 04-23-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Don't even talk to me about hoods. You're from the west side.
Meh, Lincoln West is pretty hood. Though that certainly doesn't qualify him to speak about anywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland