Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2013, 06:48 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,770,752 times

Advertisements

Question of curiosity,

I already know there's a shopping mall called Tower City Center in Cleveland, which used to be the Terminal Tower but has Cleveland itself ever been called "Tower City" as a nickname? Would that ever be an appropriate nickname?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 07:01 PM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
No, it has not. And no I would say it doesn't fit.
We only have, really, 3 skyscrapers.
"Bridge City" would be more appropriate. We have more bridges in the city limits then any other city in Ohio. Several large ones, too.

Old 05-07-2013, 07:03 PM

11,060 posts, read 12,452,032 times
As far as I know, the only nickname with "city" in it is "Forest City." Apparently we have lots of trees.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:52 PM

220 posts, read 321,962 times
ehh I think it could work, its not like were saying "The City of Towers" or "The City of Skyscrapers." I mean Tower city/Terminal Tower is probably the biggest icon the city has, its pretty recognizable.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:30 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,770,752 times
Apparently this actress thought the same thing

valeriebertinelli.com - my very best - Watching Hot in Cleveland... in Cleveland

Still, she's not a local and therefore might have mistaken Tower City for Forest City or maybe she did hear the name but only from a small sample of the population.

Too bad, the name Tower City sounds quite uplifting actually as if the City is rising to great heights. Granted there is already a Tower City in Pennsylvania but it's only a small town and no comparison.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:32 PM

420 posts, read 1,042,456 times
Default Well maybe it needs WHATS UP

Cleveland was nicked named the Forest City in the late 1890's , for the trees on every Treelawn within it's borders. there for most city neighborhood's have an area between the sidewalk and street , to plant a tree .
Funny , How my spell check said Treelawn was misspelled or not a word , funny to me !
Forest City Enterprises owns the building that house's Tower City ( the shopping mall ).
Terminal Tower was the Cleveland , Ohio train station . Same complex
as far as Valerie , she should have asked her husband , from the area ( Akron ) on
any Cleveland thing I should know about !He might have said the devil strip for the patch of ground
between sidewalk and street .

As for as a Cleveland , Ohio nick name , we do not need anything but Cleveland , Ohio but
WELCOME

[quote=Urban Peasant;29617558]Apparently this actress thought the same thing

valeriebertinelli.com - my very best - Watching Hot in Cleveland... in Cleveland

Still, she's not a local and therefore might have mistaken Tower City for Forest City or maybe she did hear the name but only from a small sample of the population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: