Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 08:28 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,983,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
I don't hate the city I live in,just Cleveland,which thankfully I do not live in!

I DO hate the ICKY/STICKY hot humid summers in Ohio,but after much research the west where I was born when my dad was in the AF,has too many other drawbacks,plus too much family here to leave.

I am an AVID and LOYAL fan of the fantastic and deserving Steelers!

The idiotic fans are the exact reason for the lousy Cleveland Sports!

What incentive do they have to strive for greatness when the idiot fans act like they are the greatest teams there are.... despite the truth that they SUCK?

Like the moronic philosophy that has invaded our schools that says no child must be disqualified for sports because they don't have the ability to benefit the team.They must be allowed to join because it might hurt their poor feelings,same as banning teachers from using a red pen to grade their papers,or giving them a failing grade! Raising a nut-case generation that never had to EARN a thing!

If the fans would stay home and stop buying all the team's memorabilia,and stop supporting their lousy *s**s, I'd wager we would see a drastic improvement.

Given your blind hatred for Cleveland, I figured. BTW I don't live in the city, and live far enough out to be away from the drama, but close enough to catch the urban vibe if I want to. AT any rate, look up the definition of FAN! It's short for fanatic. At any rate, I was born and raised in northeast Ohio, so DUH I'm going to root for Cleveland sports teams!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 06:00 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,939,793 times
Quote:
Ok still the Browns haven't won since 1965,1965,1965!

Those other 15 teams that haven't won a SB,have their Basketball and Baseball teams also failed to win?

How many other cities have all three pro-sports teams that SUCK as bad as Clevelands?

#1 Worst Sports City In America! Top-5: Is Cleveland the worst luck sports city in America? | Cleveland Browns

Also didn't Cleveland's schools have to go into Receivership last year?
It has been a long time since a Cleveland sports team has won a championship; close a few times but didn't close the deal.

Cavs have great potential for a championship.

It's been a long time; even before the time when that Leif Garrett hairstyle you're still sporting was in style.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:59 PM

33 posts, read 75,506 times
are you wondering about just the city of cleveland? or were you looking for an answer for cleveland, its suburbs and its people?

Old 09-17-2014, 07:59 AM

5,294 posts, read 5,237,897 times
Quote:
I don't hate the city I live in,just Cleveland,which thankfully I do not live in!

I DO hate the ICKY/STICKY hot humid summers in Ohio,but after much research the west where I was born when my dad was in the AF,has too many other drawbacks,plus too much family here to leave.

I am an AVID and LOYAL fan of the fantastic and deserving Steelers!

The idiotic fans are the exact reason for the lousy Cleveland Sports!

What incentive do they have to strive for greatness when the idiot fans act like they are the greatest teams there are.... despite the truth that they SUCK?

Like the moronic philosophy that has invaded our schools that says no child must be disqualified for sports because they don't have the ability to benefit the team.They must be allowed to join because it might hurt their poor feelings,same as banning teachers from using a red pen to grade their papers,or giving them a failing grade! Raising a nut-case generation that never had to EARN a thing!

If the fans would stay home and stop buying all the team's memorabilia,and stop supporting their lousy *s**s, I'd wager we would see a drastic improvement.
Pittspuke fans are worse in every sense of the word than Cleveland fans

Old 09-17-2014, 08:08 AM

5,294 posts, read 5,237,897 times
Cleveland is a far far better city than Pittsburgh is...

To answer the OP though...yes Cleveland has some rough patches...decades of outmigration and white flight to the Burbs has left a hollowed out core that is drug and gang infested...the city relied too much on a heavy industrial economy just like the vast majority of Great Lakes and Northeast region...so as manufacturing continued to be offshored, Cleveland ketp getting dragged more and more down....but the comeback is on...the city is finally diversifying and startups are thriving...Bio Technology and really anything to do w/ research flowing from 2 of the World's best hospital systems, Cleveland Clinic and University Hospitals is flourishing....the robber barons of the early 1900s left vast fortunes for some wonderful public institutions like the free to the public art museum in the country, one of the top 5 orchestra's in the world which plays in a beautiful Art Deco concert hall...the largest theater district outside of Broadway is flourishing...Cleveland still has many issues...schools are a mess in the city (a lot of the burbs though have good schools, and many private schools are excellent), roads are a hot mess thanks to the harsh winters and lack of funds from the state to fix them, and speaking of winters, they suck horribly...but the the city is a great place to visit or live in.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:10 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,654,088 times
I moved to North Eastern Ohio almost two years ago. I as raised in the suburbs of NYC.

I love Ohio. It is a beautiful place, and people are friendly and welcoming.

I wish that I moved my family here earlier.

Last edited by SoulJourn; 09-19-2014 at 11:58 PM..

Old 09-21-2014, 06:54 AM

3,281 posts, read 6,274,498 times
Truthfully, I'd feel much safer and more comfortable visiting the Cleveland Clinic's main campus than stepping foot in just about any part of the City of Lorain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland