Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 01:30 PM

1,098 posts, read 901,228 times

Advertisements

I have very little interest in professional sports anymore. It's way too corporate and sterile nowadays. I didn't even watch the world series or the NBA finals last year. I just don't care anymore.

If the Browns ever improve I suppose I'll pay more attention..But they need to trash those Canadian football league/NASCAR uniforms. It was seriously one of the last good things left.

these days are long gone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZANnuzSFdag

Last edited by Jame22; 08-06-2017 at 01:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2017, 08:54 PM

638 posts, read 623,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anhydride View Post
MJ was drafted to the Bulls in 1984.
He played in the 84-85 season his rookie year, and led them to the playoffs losing to the Bucks in the 1985 playoffs, did he not? 29ppg

https://www.basketball-reference.com...-vs-bucks.html

Kobe wanted to form his own legacy and prove that he could win without Shaq.

I always look at context in sports. Team A beat team B is kind of an elementary way to view something, even if it is what the majority does.

Did you see Pippen's comments on the Kyrie situation? I can't say that Pippen's is wrong in what he's saying.

Scottie Pippen has Kyrie Irving’s back | ProBasketballTalk
MJ may have made he playoffs his rookie season, but I think the Bulls record that year was an abysmal 30-52. The NBA had but a few teams and 16 made the postseason. This meant terrible teams (like rookie Jordan Bulls) made it.

I believe Lebron would have also made the diluted playoffs of the mid 80s

Old 08-08-2017, 04:55 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,373,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moboy32 View Post
MJ may have made he playoffs his rookie season, but I think the Bulls record that year was an abysmal 30-52. The NBA had but a few teams and 16 made the postseason. This meant terrible teams (like rookie Jordan Bulls) made it.

That comparison has sailed . MJ won 6 out of 6 finals. Lebron 3 out of 8.

Old 08-08-2017, 07:22 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,436,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
LeBron needs to win the next 3 consecutive finals against the Warriors in order to get back.

It's not going to happen. Sadly, I think Lebron may be done winning finals. He's probably looking at a 3-12 finals record.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:50 AM

638 posts, read 623,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
Irrelevant to my comment about the early success of the players.

Old 08-11-2017, 04:00 PM

2,365 posts, read 4,373,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moboy32 View Post

If the "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we would all have a merry Christmas .
Is that "relevant" enough for you?

Old 08-13-2017, 03:54 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,424,993 times
Default Indians are the antidote to the Cavs' poisonous atmosphere?

Team spirit seems to be emphasized with the Indians, and with the starting rotation finally rounding into form, key players returning from injury, and timely additions in the form of Jay Bruce and Joe Smith, and the play-off season rapidly approaching, the Indians may be the perfect antidote to the Cavs' poisonous atmosphere in coming months.

<<
Winning resonates in a locker room. So does unselfishness like that. Maybe moreso.

It's hard to say if it's like that with other teams. You'd have to be with them every day to know for sure. But it doesn't happen by accident and winning is not the only reason it does. An environment has to be created where a player puts the team ahead of himself. It's created by the front office, the manager and the coaching staff.>>

It's not just 'I or me' with these Cleveland Indians: Rant of the week | cleveland.com

Old 08-23-2017, 10:44 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,390,912 times
Boy, Celtics sure getting bashed by social media. https://www.si.com/nba/2017/08/23/ce...t=2017082312PMObviously it takes awhile to analyze results of trade, hopefully IT hip is ok, I suspect they did physical prior to agreeing to trade although Kyrie does have an injury history as well. I do like the Cavs getting a little depth and they have some assets if they want to bolster team now if it keeps Lebron happy and in town. Indications are that Dwayne Wade could end up on team which would add guard depth. Not sure if trade makes Celtics better. Cavs still have enough to get to Finals but no beat GS. 2018-19 sure is a question mark for Cavs..

Old 08-23-2017, 12:04 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,440,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
Boy, Celtics sure getting bashed by social media. https://www.si.com/nba/2017/08/23/ce...t=2017082312PMObviously it takes awhile to analyze results of trade, hopefully IT hip is ok, I suspect they did physical prior to agreeing to trade although Kyrie does have an injury history as well. I do like the Cavs getting a little depth and they have some assets if they want to bolster team now if it keeps Lebron happy and in town. Indications are that Dwayne Wade could end up on team which would add guard depth. Not sure if trade makes Celtics better. Cavs still have enough to get to Finals but no beat GS. 2018-19 sure is a question mark for Cavs..

We're gonna have to wait and see. I say the Cavs got better because they got an All Star PG back, and a pretty good perimeter defender in Crowder, so LeBron can relax a little bit more and not have to guard a KD or a Kawhi as much as before plus I think Crowder and Jefferson can compliment each other well. Also, the Cavs got the 1st Round pick for 2018. I think if the Cavs either win the title or take the Warriors to the limit; LeBron stays. But, no matter the outcome, it's a lot of your national media's wet dream for him to leave, go to L.A. and for Cleveland to be a bad sports town again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland