Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2019, 02:02 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,321,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
I fantasize this... Although the NE area around Youngstown and Warren went solidly red in 2016 and 18.
That's only because Trump promised to bring back jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2019, 10:00 PM

4,537 posts, read 5,108,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
That's only because Trump promised to bring back jobs.
Yeah, and how's that working out for the good folks formerly at Lordstown?

Old 03-24-2019, 11:06 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,443,083 times
Default Laketran offers direct bus service from downtown to Mentor's industrial hub

RTA riders receive free transfers. This service makes economic sense for Laketran as it already is delivering Lake County commuters to jobs in downtown Cleveland. Having passengers rather than empty buses makes sense. It would be interesting to learn how RTA and Laketran compensate each other for transferred passengers.

https://expo.cleveland.com/news/g66l...trial-hub.html

Old 03-25-2019, 11:52 AM

37,157 posts, read 39,430,503 times
Quote:
I think FEB Phase III can boost the WFL quite a bit: not only will it make FEB a bigger, more diverse all-day kinda place (a la West 25th St) with some kind of grocer, upscale film theater, more eateries, retail, etc. If I recall (I don't have the FEB proposal at hand), Phase III will double the number of apt units contained in Phase II, so there will be more people living near the Rapid. But perhaps the biggest potential for Waterfront Line riders is the fact that the huge surface parking will disappear under the development, eliminating the bountiful, easy in/out parking existing parking forcing folks to pay (likely) more for the FEB Phase III garage, hunt for other lots or meters along Old River Rd, W. 10th, etc ... or Ride WFL trains!

Also apparently the City is inching forward with some kind of multi-modal transportation complex at/near WFL's E. 9th Street station, which will include Greyhound and perhaps other inter-city bus carriers. Then there's still a loose proposal to build an outlet mall just past the end of the WFL at the end of the Muny parking lot off the Shoreway. Both of the latter could also make the WFL more useful. We'll see.
That certainly sounds like some good news. I really hope the FEB Phase III includes a decent grocery store, because that really makes a dramatic difference in going without a car (and thus using mass transit much more often).

I also wonder how possible it is to create a pedestrian and bicycle crossing across the Cuyahoga near the Flats East Bank station.

Old 03-26-2019, 07:11 AM

4,537 posts, read 5,108,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
That certainly sounds like some good news. I really hope the FEB Phase III includes a decent grocery store, because that really makes a dramatic difference in going without a car (and thus using mass transit much more often).

I also wonder how possible it is to create a pedestrian and bicycle crossing across the Cuyahoga near the Flats East Bank station.
More bikes and more peds are definitely what we need, esp in a, really, car unfriendly, tight area like the Flats (we saw how bad driving gets on a warm weekend night there; imagine if FEB Phase III could generate just some of that 7 days/week... Not quite sure at Flats East Bank, but down the tracks at Settlers Landing there's major untapped bike/ped path possibilities, esp with a well lit, safe-feeling path to Center Street its the amazing swing bridge (a real hoot to walk over btw). Don't forget the aquarium, Shooters, Music Box and other FWB entities of interest.

Old 03-26-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
More bikes and more peds are definitely what we need, esp in a, really, car unfriendly, tight area like the Flats (we saw how bad driving gets on a warm weekend night there; imagine if FEB Phase III could generate just some of that 7 days/week... Not quite sure at Flats East Bank, but down the tracks at Settlers Landing there's major untapped bike/ped path possibilities, esp with a well lit, safe-feeling path to Center Street its the amazing swing bridge (a real hoot to walk over btw). Don't forget the aquarium, Shooters, Music Box and other FWB entities of interest.
What is this FEB everyone speaks of? I did a quick Google search on "Cleveland FEB" and something called "Federal Executive Board" came up, but I'm not sure if that's what's being referred to here.

Old 03-26-2019, 04:27 PM

35 posts, read 27,903 times
Flats East Bank. Its the big entertainment/housing/office/hotel development on the east side of the river that's building Phase III this summer.

Old 03-28-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadmen View Post
Flats East Bank. Its the big entertainment/housing/office/hotel development on the east side of the river that's building Phase III this summer.
Ah... that hadn't occurred to me. Thanks!

Old 03-28-2019, 04:07 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,946,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
Ah... that hadn't occurred to me. Thanks!
Where seedy and great places like Fagan's and the Pirate's Cove used to be; you know, when the Flats were real.

Old 03-28-2019, 04:38 PM

11,063 posts, read 12,460,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Where seedy and great places like Fagan's and the Pirate's Cove used to be; you know, when the Flats were real.
There is definitely an aspect of the flats that feels pretty artificial. A lot like the seaport in boston. I guess better than nothing but it is a shame that development tends to be so predictable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland