Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 04:24 PM
on3 on3 started this thread

498 posts, read 385,242 times

Advertisements

If you want to see a "weaveland" look no further than certain parts of philly aka "weaveladephia".

Why you may ask?

Because ever other house is a duplex that has a beauty salon as part of it. I got lost in Philly one day while traveling and was like "wow, all these places to get my wig split and I just got a fresh haircut just days ago... oh well"

Reminds me of an old 2 live crew song from back in the day:

Rupunzle, Rupunzle let down your hair
The dog's on my rear and getting near
The hair came loose and fell in a lake
Girl check the weave that's in that lake
Girlllllllllll, get that weave out!
You dirty girl, get that weeeeeeeeeeave out!
Mix say, girllllllllll get that weeeeeeeeeeave out...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2018, 05:55 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,943,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by on3 View Post
If you want to see a "weaveland" look no further than certain parts of philly aka "weaveladephia".

Why you may ask?

Because ever other house is a duplex that has a beauty salon as part of it. I got lost in Philly one day while traveling and was like "wow, all these places to get my wig split and I just got a fresh haircut just days ago... oh well"

Well, Weaveland fits better with the name Cleveland (Cleaveland), thats all. Bssides, Philly has tons of legit retail while Weaveland OH and East Weaveland OH don't.

Since you asked about Brunstucky, the population continues to grow though despite its dated ''redneck'' reputation.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:05 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,177,213 times
Cleveland doesn't have legitimate retail? An interesting thought, but a false one nonetheless. Also, 90+% of NEO's large retail centers are in Cuyahoga Gounty. If you're referring to the decline of brick and mortar retail in general, welcome to 10 years ago. Take a walk through Southpark Mall if you need an example.

Brunswick's "Brunstucky" moniker is well earned and that really doesn't change when you throw up a few strip malls and new housing developments. The trailer trash, slab ranches and front yards full of crap have gone nowhere. The truth is, if you want to do anything other than buy groceries and a few other staples, most Brunstuckians find themselves in Cuyahoga County in order to purchase or experience it. Whatever paltry amount they save in property taxes are consumed in extra fuel and other travel costs - not to mention the sheer inconvenience of it all.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Cleveland doesn't have legitimate retail? An interesting thought, but a false one nonetheless. Also, 90+% of NEO's large retail centers are in Cuyahoga Gounty. If you're referring to the decline of brick and mortar retail in general, welcome to 10 years ago. Take a walk through Southpark Mall if you need an example.

Brunswick's "Brunstucky" moniker is well earned and that really doesn't change when you throw up a few strip malls and new housing developments. The trailer trash, slab ranches and front yards full of crap have gone nowhere. The truth is, if you want to do anything other than buy groceries and a few other staples, most Brunstuckians find themselves in Cuyahoga County in order to purchase or experience it. Whatever paltry amount they save in property taxes are consumed in extra fuel and other travel costs - not to mention the sheer inconvenience of it all.
Actually it was Cleveland retail, not Cuyahoga County retail. No I’m not talking about south park in strongsville or anywhere else outside Cleveland city limits; this being the reason my post reads Cleveland retail.

Yes, it is nice that bruntuckians cross over into Cuyahoga County to spend $, same thing people from Avon do.

Despite your views though, Medina and Lorain counties are growing, at Cuyahoga County expense.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
I mean if Brunswick is Bruntucky, then East Cleveland is East Weaveland. The former is much more stable and safe than the latter.
Silly attempts at coining new nicknames don't change the fact that the two couldn't be any different from each other. East Cleveland is an urban, post-industrial dead zone while Brunswick is largely a sprawl community which, ironically, exists almost entirely because of the former prosperity of industrial locales like East Cleveland. People didn't choose Brunswick because East Cleveland is a crappy place to live.

Quote:
Where would you rather live, east weaveland or bruntucky? Remember that east weaveland’s economy is pretty much based on hair extensions and hair hat stores supported by our tax dollars.
Continuing from above, Brunswick's "economy" is based on the county to the north providing the economic drivers. That is, lest you believe that people are paying their mortgages on a Beuhler's paycheck. Also, don't for a minute insinuate that WIC and ODC/EBT are unique to places like East Cleveland. Brunstucky is loaded with people who use the same government benefits.

Quote:
Why do you think Medina and Lorain counties are growing at Cuyahoga’s expense?
Quite simply, many people want a bigger house with a yard and are willing to burn a lot of extra fuel to get to work. Urban sprawl is a phenomenon which is not unique to the Cleveland area.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Silly attempts at coining new nicknames don't change the fact that the two couldn't be any different from each other. East Cleveland is an urban, post-industrial dead zone while Brunswick is largely a sprawl community which, ironically, exists almost entirely because of the former prosperity of industrial locales like East Cleveland. People didn't choose Brunswick because East Cleveland is a crappy place to live.

Continuing from above, Brunswick's "economy" is based on the county to the north providing the economic drivers. That is, lest you believe that people are paying their mortgages on a Beuhler's paycheck. Also, don't for a minute insinuate that WIC and ODC/EBT are unique to places like East Cleveland. Brunstucky is loaded with people who use the same government benefits.

Quite simply, many people want a bigger house with a yard and are willing to burn a lot of extra fuel to get to work. Urban sprawl is a phenomenon which is not unique to the Cleveland area.
Why can’t Cleveland or East Cleveland be weaveland and East Weaveland if Brunswick can be called brunstucky?

No one needs your stale socio-economic analysis.

They’re nicknames; what’s good for the goose is for the gander.

Btw, no one said anything is unique to Cleveland, but this is a Cleveland forum so I’m not sure what you’re missing here.

What is unique though about Cleveland’s sprawl is the fact that the metro is sprawling and losing population.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Actually it was Cleveland retail, not Cuyahoga County retail. No I’m not talking about south park in strongsville or anywhere else outside Cleveland city limits; this being the reason my post reads Cleveland retail.

Cleveland proper has plenty of retail as do most of the inner ring suburbs. My statement about Southpark mall was meant as an example to show the decline of brick and mortar retail in general. The place is a shell of its former self due to the fact that online retail is killing the shopping mall in areas with lower population densities like SW Cuyahoga and Medina County in genral.

Quote:
Yes, it is nice that bruntuckians cross over into Cuyahoga County to spend $, same thing people from Avon do.
They do it because they HAVE TO. They don't have enough population density to support a mall or large mixed use facility. That's why they aren't being built there.

Quote:
Despite your views though, Medina and Lorain counties are growing, at Cuyahoga County expense.
People are moving there because they want McMansions and Chemlawn greenery. That's kind of hard to do in places with 5,000+ people per square mile. It's a choice based on the availability of the real estate to do it along with the prosperity generated from their job which is more than likely located in Cuyahoga County.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Why can’t Cleveland or East Cleveland be weaveland and East Weaveland if Brunswick can be called brunstucky?

The fact that it's a name based in sheer stupidity comes to mind.

Quote:
No one needs your stale socio-economic analysis.

Translation: Kamms is lost in the weeds and doesn't like facts.

Quote:
They’re nicknames; what’s good for the goose is for the gander.

One has a well-earned history. The other is just plain dumb.

Quote:
Btw, no one said anything is unique to Cleveland, but this is a Cleveland forum so I’m not sure what you’re missing here.

Yet, you don't seem to understand that. Do you go to other forums and create stupid names for other cities' destitute suburbs or is that just something you do here?

Quote:
What is unique though about Cleveland’s sprawl is the fact that the metro is sprawling and losing population.

This isn't unique situation at all. Even a large city like Chicago isn't immune to it.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Cleveland proper has plenty of retail as do most of the inner ring suburbs. My statement about Southpark mall was meant as an example to show the decline of brick and mortar retail in general. The place is a shell of its former self due to the fact that online retail is killing the shopping mall in areas with lower population densities like SW Cuyahoga and Medina County in genral.

They do it because they HAVE TO. They don't have enough population density to support a mall or large mixed use facility. That's why they aren't being built there.

People are moving there because they want McMansions and Chemlawn greenery. That's kind of hard to do in places with 5,000+ people per square mile. It's a choice based on the availability of the real estate to do it along with the prosperity generated from their job which is more than likely located in Cuyahoga County.
Yet cuyhagoa county continues to lose population. No one is infilliing these McMansion seekers you claim are the reason Cuyahoga County is declining.

So Cuyahoga County and Cleveland continue to be in the 5th and 7th decades of decline respectively because both are too crowded and densely populated. Hmm.

Btw..Cleveland does not have plenty of retail.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by on3 View Post

Why you may ask?

Cincinnati is one gigantic Bruntucky though. Heck, a big part of metro Cincinnati is Kentucky, complete with the creation museum and that ark thing just down yonder.

You live there, you should know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland