Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2009, 04:56 PM

2 posts, read 4,257 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to Cleveland this summer to start my residency at MetroHealth. A friend suggested I live in the Cleveland Heights area. Since I will be commuting to/from Metro very early in the morning to very late at night, will I be driving through dangerous neighborhoods?

Many MetroHealth workers seem to live in the western suburbs like Avon, etc. How congested is I-90 during rush hour?

If I live southwest, how is traffic on US42?

If I live south, how is traffic on I-77?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 06:41 PM

191 posts, read 442,518 times
The drive to Cleveland Heights wouldn't take you through any bad areas. As far as all the major highways, I-77 is very slow and is a little far from Metro. US 42 is slow but you could just take I-71 which isn't too bad in the mornings. I-90 has been slower ever since they closed lanes on the Innerbelt Bridge. It would be about a 30 minute drive from Avon. It all depends on what kind of city you want to live in. Cleveland Heights and Avon are very different cities. Avon has what you would expect from a far out suburb while Cleveland Heights has more of a college town feel with lots of bars and restaurants and a nice little downtown area. There are also many other cool and unique neighborhoods around the region. If you like the idea of Cleveland Heights you may want to check out Lakewood and Tremont which are also urban neighborhoods but they are on the west side so it would be a little easier drive. It just all depends on what kind of community you are looking for. Feel free to ask anymore questions about the region.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:28 AM

2 posts, read 4,257 times
When will the additional lanes on the Innerbelt Bridge be reopened?

Old 03-05-2009, 07:55 AM

191 posts, read 442,518 times
According to this article, ODOT says all Inner Belt Bridge lanes to reopen by early next year; two-span replacement in works - Metro - cleveland.com
the bridge should have all lanes open by the end of this year or early next year.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,096 times
You could also live downtown or near downtown. Tremont is a just a couple blocks away and Ohio City is just down the street. Both neighborhoods have nightlife and restaurants. Ohio City has a grocery store and West Side Market.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:14 PM

2,365 posts, read 4,374,141 times
i 2nd what ohiocityguy said. besides being kool urban neighborhoods you will save lots of time and money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland