Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 10:46 AM

2,785 posts, read 6,633,893 times

Advertisements

You know, some of you people who have to post every crime in Cleveland; for what?!

I was reading a thread, and its happened many times before, that they are scared or really nervous to move to the area because of the stuff you are posting. I really have never been to another city sub-forum where I have read a single thread where they talk about their city so bad all the time. I mean I can even go to Detroit, Philadelphia, St. Louis and Chicago and do not read all about the murders and shootings that go on.

I mean posting every single shooting, stabbing, crime, etc is really annoying and pathetic in my opinion. Just curious, I am being serious, do you just sit at your computer looking from something on the news sites or the Plain Dealer that reports crime and then post it on here?

I have been to Cleveland numerous times on business, I have been down on the east side through the extremely rough neighborhoods and they do not compete with what I have seen down south and nothing even close to Detroit. Cleveland is doing a good job of bringing things back in these neighborhoods. New housing, etc.

I always have a good time in downtown Cleveland, even at night where I do NOT feel unsafe. Cleveland is a great city that offers so many ammenities, great cultural attractions, a beautiful downtown that is growing and prospering. Cleveland is extremely underrated.

For everyone looking to move to Cleveland:

Cleveland is a very safe metro area that has a crime rate below the national average. Its a great area to live in, with great schools, an awesome metro park system including a national park, you are close to many state parks, great hospital systems, awesome colleges, and a city that offers world reknowed cultural institutions.

Cleveland is a great city, don't judge it on the threads where people have to post daily crime stats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 01:19 PM

436 posts, read 874,412 times
People migrates because of job. They, including me, are not afraid of high crime rate in any downtown because they can always find safe suburb city to live and commute to bad area to work.

Generally speaking, it is the high cost of living that scare away more people than the crime rate in any city/state. Now many rich people, including Trump according to rumor,might leave New York because they raise tax and make people harder to live and work in. Compared to NW/NJ/CA, Ohio is very good at cost of living.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:28 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,633,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemeatball View Post
People migrates because of job. They, including me, are not afraid of high crime rate in any downtown because they can always find safe suburb city to live and commute to bad area to work.

Generally speaking, it is the high cost of living that scare away more people than the crime rate in any city/state. Now many rich people, including Trump according to rumor,might leave New York because they raise tax and make people harder to live and work in. Compared to NW/NJ/CA, Ohio is very good at cost of living.
True, but even Cleveland's quickly growing downtown population should not feel threatened. Its more of a matter of looking at some of the treads and reading peoples' posts like "Scared to move to the area after reading..." "Nervous about moving to the area after reading..."

They shouldn't have to feel that way.

Old 10-10-2009, 02:29 PM

1,975 posts, read 5,214,598 times
No doubt.

The crime in the Cleveland Metro is not particularly worse than most other large metro areas.

http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/Metr...8_Rank_Rev.pdf

Old 10-10-2009, 03:09 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,437,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
You know, some of you people who have to post every crime in Cleveland; for what?!

I was reading a thread, and its happened many times before, that they are scared or really nervous to move to the area because of the stuff you are posting. I really have never been to another city sub-forum where I have read a single thread where they talk about their city so bad all the time. I mean I can even go to Detroit, Philadelphia, St. Louis and Chicago and do not read all about the murders and shootings that go on.

I mean posting every single shooting, stabbing, crime, etc is really annoying and pathetic in my opinion. Just curious, I am being serious, do you just sit at your computer looking from something on the news sites or the Plain Dealer that reports crime and then post it on here?

I have been to Cleveland numerous times on business, I have been down on the east side through the extremely rough neighborhoods and they do not compete with what I have seen down south and nothing even close to Detroit. Cleveland is doing a good job of bringing things back in these neighborhoods. New housing, etc.

I always have a good time in downtown Cleveland, even at night where I do NOT feel unsafe. Cleveland is a great city that offers so many ammenities, great cultural attractions, a beautiful downtown that is growing and prospering. Cleveland is extremely underrated.

Cleveland is a very safe metro area that has a crime rate below the national average. Its a great area to live in, with great schools, an awesome metro park system including a national park, you are close to many state parks, great hospital systems, awesome colleges, and a city that offers world reknowed cultural institutions.

Cleveland is a great city, don't judge it on the threads where people have to post daily crime stats.
Excellent post!!

Old 10-10-2009, 04:50 PM

223 posts, read 609,253 times
No one ever says the metro is dangerous, it's not. However, you really need to know what parts of Cleveland you can and can't go to.

Old 10-10-2009, 04:55 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,287,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemeatball View Post
people migrates because of job. They, including me, are not afraid of high crime rate in any downtown because they can always find safe suburb city to live and commute to bad area to work.

Generally speaking, it is the high cost of living that scare away more people than the crime rate in any city/state. Now many rich people, including trump according to rumor,might leave new york because they raise tax and make people harder to live and work in. Compared to nw/nj/ca, ohio is very good at cost of living.
+1

Old 10-10-2009, 05:09 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times
Agreed, metro Cleveland is fine. Like any large metro area, it has places where you need to be more careful, but overall it is as safe as anywhere else in the country.

Old 10-10-2009, 06:11 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,098,208 times
Crime maps are always interesting:

Cleveland Crime Map - Showing Crime in Cleveland, OH - Crime Statistics - Crime Alerts - Crime Stops Here

Old 10-16-2009, 06:51 AM

338 posts, read 559,979 times
Default Alrighty then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post

And Cleveland's decrease in population is because of Cleveland Browns.

Last edited by deskjockey; 10-16-2009 at 06:52 AM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland