Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 01:48 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,629,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
I never said that. I did say that I don't care whether this thread stays open. In fact, I'd rather it did, because I don't like censorship.

I'm just trying to bust your guys' balls, that's all. Like I used to do to the kids in high school who played "Magic: The Gathering." Just trying to get you guys to take yourselves a little less seriously.
It has nothing to do with being serious or anything like that. I just like to know what is happening in my area, end of story Peregrine is just annoying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 02:04 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,276 times
I think the reason some people don't want a thread like this in here because they think it makes Cleveland look bad to outsiders (including those in the area but outside of the hood).

Would any of you be willing to admit that's the main reason you don't want this thread?

This thread is just for reporting and discussing the crimes that are occurring. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:40 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,210,109 times
The thread is fine. For those wishing to discuss crime and keep it reasonable, feel free to post.

Crime is a fairly important topic for a lot of folks, it can have an impact on where they decide to live. For example, I moved out of Ohio a few years ago and now live in metro Sacramento, CA. If I knew as much about where crime occurs as I do today, I likely would have made some different decisions.

This stuff can get pretty personal in terms of impact. Just last month we were nearly the victims of a "home invasion" where a couple of thugs tried to break down our front door in mid-day while we were at home. Fortunately, I managed to keep them out (with an awful lot of adrenalin and effort) and get police help quickly. My area has quite a few break-ins, both of the "home invasion" and regular burglary types. We also have quite a few vehicle "smash and grabs" and vandalisms. If I had known about this information prior to my relocation to California, I certainly would have made some different decisions.

So...keep in civil and reasonable. A thread such as this can contribute to the forum.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:29 PM

2 more in Cleveland.
Two men shoot, kill each other during an argument over a car | cleveland.com

It says only 10 now (after those 2) on Cleveland.coms homicide map but we all saw last year they left out a lot. Still the homicide rate this year is much lower than last year, when we already had around 30 at this time.

I agree with you NewToCA that it can get personal. I've seen it happen a number of times when I was younger living in different 'hoods'. People unfamiliar with the area would find a house that they thought was nice assuming the neighborhood was nice too, only to move out after they saw how bad it was. It's something that can't just be swept under the rug because the truth will come out sooner or later. And it can get real ugly, I've seen some of those same people get robbed at gunpoint and beaten badly.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I do have the time and I have checked a lot of other cities. Sure there are threads discussing a particular neighborhood but no city, I mean none, that post every homicide like you feel the need to do here.

#2: No one else is doing it like "we" do.
I just saw this on the bottom in the "Similar Threads" part. They do have one of these threads for NYC.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...2010-a-14.html

So yes there is at least 1 more.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:16 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,676,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
Seriously, quit trying to get this closed by being childish. No one, let me repeat this, NO ONE is forcing you to come in here.
I am not trying to get this thread closed. I am trying to have an adult discussion on the pros and cons of the worth of a thread like this. PLEASE show me where I have been even remotely "childish". Did I say **** WeSoHood? Have I insulted anyone? That's how threads get closed and I have done none of that. I think I have acted perfectly legitimately adult in expressing my opinion without being rude or .... annoying .
Just stating my opinion.
Please, by all means, enjoy the thread. I won't be back. If anyone would like to discuss any of this further I urge to use PM's. I did start a poll about this and I was outvoted. I conceded back then... like an adult.
I certainly didn't mean to start an entire diatribe about it again.

-peace-

Old 03-23-2010, 10:47 AM

1 in Cleveland
21-year-old woman found fatally stabbed in Cleveland; suspect arrested | cleveland.com

1 in Parma
28-year-old man shot dead through his apartment door in Parma | cleveland.com

BTW I heard Youngstown is at 9 already. Elyria is at 1-2. Not sure how the other NE Ohio cities are doing.

Old 03-28-2010, 03:47 PM

1 murder and another house shot up:
Cleveland police investigate a homicide and a shooting | cleveland.com
2 people shot at a party:
2 men shot during a party on Yale Avenue in Cleveland | cleveland.com

Old 04-07-2010, 05:03 PM

2 more in Cleveland, 1 on 90 under 44th st the other on the Eastside 103rd and Elk, Glenville neighborhood.
Cleveland police officers who failed to find body on I-90 are under investigation | cleveland.com
29-year-old man dies after being shot twice in the chest in Cleveland | cleveland.com

There's also been a lot of shootings and shootouts in Elyria and Lorain recently.
Central Lorain shootout - http://www.morningjournal.com/articl.../mj2561590.txt
South Elyria House shot up in drive-by - http://www.morningjournal.com/articl...a005757023.txt
Southside Elyria shootout middle ave - The Chronicle-Telegram - Lorain County's leading news source
Another shooting - http://www.morningjournal.com/articl...1989634056.txt
There was also a car chased and shot and another incident where a Lorain man was chased by police through North Ridgeville and back to Lorain being shot 3-5 times but he survived.

This rise in violence is expected when it gets warmer.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:38 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,629,105 times
Cleveland is sitting rather low though, right? What is it currently at, 12? I know it is lower than every other neighboring city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland