Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2010, 02:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,965 times

Advertisements

So, I am originally from CA. I currently live in Wisconsin, and I am looking for somewhere to move to soon. Ive been doing some research, and so far I like what I see. However, before I move there I would like to visit, and heres what Im looking for:
Beaches(fun, warm, and friendly)
Fun places to go
Affordibality
low crime rate

So for my vacation for work, I was thinking about visiting NC. I hear Wrightsville Beach is a great place to go snorkeling and kayaking.....Im probably going to be visiting late March early April, is it going to be warm? Is it "beach appropriate" if I go that early; I know in CA the ocean is extremely cold that time of year(45-50s)...But I also hear the Atlantic Ocean is a lot warmer in general...

Also from any current residents, do you love it? Is North Carolina all that I keep hearing it is? I love the idea of it all, I just haven't really heard too much from people who actually physicaly live there. Any information, advice, or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks-
Victoria

[mod]copyright violation [/mod]

Last edited by Marka; 10-26-2013 at 12:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 05:23 PM

135 posts, read 640,764 times
The ocean is going to still be cold in march and april. Last year people were still swimming/surfing in full wetsuits, but most people can't really get into the water until around june. Even then it's pretty darn cold. The upshot is that it tends to stay warm through most of October.

I lived on the beach for a very short period of time and enjoyed it a lot, although many people that live there tend to party a lot. (not that this is a bad thing, just not my cup of tea) if you're looking to move to a beach, they're all pretty crowded from mid june to mid august. But I think that Kure and Carolina are much more low-key, and thus enjoyable, if you're looking for a place to be a beach bum. They are, however, farther away from downtown.

Rent is also always higher at wrightsville than at the other beaches, but all the beaches have significantly less crime than the dt/college area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina