Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2011, 11:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,164 times

Advertisements

I'm a Canadian university student and I've been recently thinking of taking a summer course somewhere in the states. Since its summer and I like coastal cities I've been mostly looking at cities close to the atlantic as it would be more expensive for me to go somewhere in the west coast. I've heard some good things about UNC at ChapHill and Wilmington and i'm considering going to school there for a couple of months. My question is how's life in Wilmington and is it a worthy choice seeing how I can pick from many other coastal cities on the East coast beside Wilmington?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 01:19 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,944,595 times
I lived in Chapel Hill for five years (grad school in computer science), and although it's a great town, it's 159 miles to the beach at Wrightsville (OK for a weekend trip, not for driving down to check out the beach before dinner). UNC at Wilmington is a much smaller school, so whether it would be a good choice for you would depend on your course of study, your desire to be at a small university vs. a big one for the summer, and whether you want to be a few hours from the beach or right on the beach.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:39 AM

13,374 posts, read 27,049,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.scott View Post
My question is how's life in Wilmington and is it a worthy choice seeing how I can pick from many other coastal cities on the East coast beside Wilmington?
You would have a nice summer vacation in Wilmington, though the weather is hot and humid.

I think you should be more concerned about whether the course-work would enhance your education and future job prospects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina