Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2020, 07:21 AM

4 posts, read 12,711 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

My husband and I are considering moving to Ocean River Plantation and would love to hear from homeowners in this community. It appears that there have been litigations between the developer and the HOA, that were resolved. During our recent visit we notice the two clubhouses on the golf courses were very dated and the rest rooms were not clean. Who owns these properties and are there any future plans to update these two club houses? In addition the main club house with the indoor and outdoor pools and gym is very small. It does not seem possible it can accommodate even 25% of the home owners.
I read in an earlier blog from 2018 the the association plans on building another clubhouse. I would like to know where and when?
It was also noted that there in no upkeep on the small ponds and they become covered with algae, and overgrown with vegetation. Who is responsible for the upkeep on the ponds that border your property?
Also, ORP is advertised as a gated community. Why are the gates never closed?

If someone could please shed some light on what is going on in this community it would be helpful.

Thank you,
NC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2020, 07:36 AM

11 posts, read 18,099 times
I also visited a few months back and noticed similar issues. Seems like a lovely community and access to a great beach but the lack of upkeep was concerning enough to my wife and I that we dismissed it from further consideration. Good luck in your search.

Old 03-06-2020, 06:00 PM

13,368 posts, read 27,022,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love NC View Post
My husband and I are considering moving to Ocean River Plantation and would love to hear from homeowners in this community......
NC
Please enlighten us. What town is it located in? Is that the correct name? It does not show up in Google.

Do you mean Ocean Ridge Plantation? Problems have been documented in older links:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/coas...-problems.html

Old 03-07-2020, 07:32 AM

Sorry it is, Ocean Ridge Plantation.

Old 03-07-2020, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Sorry it is, Ocean Ridge Plantation.
There have been comments from people who play golf there. I also saw on from someone who moved to ORP. You can search prior posts with the oval blue button.

Some examples:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/coast...lantation.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/coast...t-courses.html

Old 03-07-2020, 08:30 AM

Default To Residents of Ocean Ridge Plantation

Hello,

I am new to this site and someone has been kind enough to send me the link for older post for 2018 which was greatly appreciate.

I am aware that the lawsuit was settled in ORP and I was hoping things were looking up since then. I was there recently and because of the cool weather the ponds looked to be in good condition, I know the cool temperature can be misleading. Has this issue been resolved?

Also, the real estate agent told me the HOA has plans to purchase land to build another clubhouse. It seems after reading past blogs, this clubhouse has been in the works for years. Any info on this would be helpful.

We were also concerned about the condition of the two club houses on the golf courses that are in serious need of updating.

Has there been any crime since the gates are no longer closed?

My husband and I really loved the community and we were seriously considering it. If some of the residents can respond to this thread, it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Last edited by Love NC; 03-07-2020 at 08:59 AM.. Reason: Needed to correct title

Old 03-07-2020, 09:09 AM

Thank you for all of your help! It is very appreciated.

Old 03-07-2020, 11:16 AM

Quote:
.....My husband and I really loved the community and we were seriously considering it. If some of the residents can respond to this thread, it would be greatly appreciated.
I checked the poster who had said they moved to ORP, but she is no longer active.

Perhaps the gates are open to allow future buyers to view the community, and for construction workers to enter. Ask if they close the gates after business hours. I would also ask if the golf courses are public, and if the access to the courses is through the gates.

BTW, you can delete duplicate posts within 90 minutes of posting them. Otherwise you can ask the moderator to remove them, using the red triangle at the upper right of the post.

Old 03-07-2020, 12:17 PM

805 posts, read 2,004,318 times
The "gates" at Ocean Ridge have NEVER been either closed or manned .... we saw this almost 9 years ago when we checked the place out and decided against it, have been through there a few times since then and although they do have a main entrance gatehouse and gates .... unless someone corrects me they have never been manned.

Old 03-07-2020, 06:55 PM

You might find some owners on the Facebook group for Ocean Ridge. It is mostly positive PR for the community, but you might friend someone for realistic comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina