Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2007, 09:35 PM

2 posts, read 16,073 times

Advertisements

Hi All -- I was just wondering if anyone could take a moment to respond to my posting about Wilmington below. I really appreciate it. Thank you.

Mike from Wisconsin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2007, 03:48 PM

219 posts, read 853,131 times
Mike,
Don't know much about Wilmington. Passed through couple of times.
From reading some of the posts here it sounds pretty much like many larger cities. Good sections, bad sections, crime here but not there.
The wife and I are planning to move to Calabash/Shallotte area (about 45 miles south)this summer. Small towns close to Myrtle Beach.
Have friend there who does some business in Wilmington and he doesn't have many bad things to say. Of course, he lives on the beach in Holden Beach so I think not much bothers him anymore.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:33 PM

103 posts, read 900,002 times
Wilmington is a beautiful town to live in, but there aren't very many jobs around the area. There are many retirees who live here, and Wilmington was just named the most expensive town to live in North Carolina. You can thank all the Northerners for that though.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:53 AM

3 posts, read 8,576 times
Default Biracial family in Wilmington?

Can you give me any feedback on a white single mom in mid 40s moving to Wilmington with an African American son? My cousin tells me (she lives there) it would be very accepting. I'll be getting into Real Estate or another sales job. My son is doing modeling here and aspires to do some acting so the studio there might be a good thing. Thanks for any replies

Old 12-15-2008, 02:15 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,344,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingsouththisyear View Post
..... I'll be getting into Real Estate or another sales job.
Better have that job lined up first and there's alot of aspiring talented actors in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina