Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2009, 03:09 PM

76 posts, read 366,092 times

Advertisements

A few years ago, I remember a realtor telling me about how quickly the Marsh Grove Condos were selling at $450,000 each. I thought that was an incredibly high price, but the prices of everything were way up there then.

I am talking about the condos that they had started to build at the foot of the Oak Island bridge. A few of the buildings are complete, but the others are just steel frames.

My question is, now that no one owns the project anymore, what happens to those who own the condos there? I mean, it's like living in an apartment where no one owns the building. What do they do if something happens to the elevator and it needs repaired? Or the driveway or something?

I noticed these condos are now listed for sale between $145 and $170. I feel for those folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 06:48 PM

160 posts, read 789,819 times
The HOA is still functioning but I feel little sympathy for the people that bought in that complex. $450,000 for a condo that wasn't ocean front (even back in 2005/2006) was a joke. Who knows what will happen with the partially constructed buildings but whatever does happen will probably be years down the road. The unfinished structures have been exposed to the elements (including salt air) so that is a nightmare for any potential developer to deal with. Meanwhile, those eye soars continue to wear on the property values of the existing units. It's not a good situation but that's what happens when some slick marketing company convinces people to pay absurdly high prices.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:10 AM

214 posts, read 822,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kateyk12 View Post
A few years ago, I remember a realtor telling me about how quickly the Marsh Grove Condos were selling at $450,000 each. I thought that was an incredibly high price, but the prices of everything were way up there then.

I am talking about the condos that they had started to build at the foot of the Oak Island bridge. A few of the buildings are complete, but the others are just steel frames.

My question is, now that no one owns the project anymore, what happens to those who own the condos there? I mean, it's like living in an apartment where no one owns the building. What do they do if something happens to the elevator and it needs repaired? Or the driveway or something?

I noticed these condos are now listed for sale between $145 and $170. I feel for those folks.
Actually if you research the State Port Pilot's archives regarding The Preserve the article will give you much information as to who the current owners are.
The majority of original owners have sold, or are in foreclosure. Prices are extremely low, however, I don't think there are enough reserves in the HOA to qualify for a mortgage, so one would have to purchase with cash.
The ones that are completed, are extremely well built, and gorgeous inside, some with incredible views of the ICW.
As to the buildings not completed, I have not heard any infomation on the future plans.
For those with vision, and cash, they would make a very good investment for the future.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:59 PM

76 posts, read 366,092 times
thanks for answering. I sure wish I had an extra million or so laying around. I would love to finish that place off. It really is an excellent location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina