Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2010, 12:43 PM

29 posts, read 133,644 times

Advertisements

DH and I just booked our timeshare exchange vaction to AB. We are staying at the Peppertree Resort and will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary while we are there in mid June. Would love to hear from anyone familiar with Atlantic Beach and the area as far as a really nice restaurant for our anniversary dinner. Also, how is the weather in mid June in AB? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 02:47 PM

7,129 posts, read 12,670,656 times
Congrats on your 30th!!

Weather, mid-June--gorgeous, lucky you.

My fav eateries for celebrations:

Blue Moon--Beaufort
Agua--Beaufort
Floyds1921--Morehead City
Williams--Morehead City
Crab's Claw--Atlantic Beach (the interior could stand a spruce up, but the food's great and it's right on the ocean). Great for apps and a sunset drink on their outside patio...
Stillwater--Beaufort, on the water

Lots of other choices, but these are where we go to pamper ourselves.

Bon Appetit!!

Old 01-04-2010, 07:08 PM

Thanks Little Dolphin. I have looked at the web sites for some of the restaurants you mentioned and they all look good. We are really excited about this new beach adventure. We have been to beaches up and down the east coast and we are always anxious to find new areas to explore.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:26 PM

1 posts, read 3,957 times
Uh oh...We stayed at the Peppertree Resort and talk about roaches and bedbugs. Pepperc Cottage in The Outer Banks is a dump as well. The Crab's Claw rules however.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:26 PM

7,129 posts, read 12,670,656 times
Um, I noted that deerskin has one post so far and it's the one above...makes me wonder, how about you?

Old 01-05-2010, 01:04 PM

1,681 posts, read 6,030,928 times
ocean seeker,
Little Dolphin has given some great advice.
two things I'd like to add. If you walk straight thru the back of Aqua you'll go thru the kitchen and arrive at another restaurant (My daughters favorite) called, "Clawson's"

Pepper Tree Resort in AB is very centrally located so therefore close to the beach traffic and people. In reality the beach traffic in comparison to most other places is laughable (as in not much). And you'll also discover that beach traffic tends to be a weekend thing and not a week day thing.

You'll have 80 degree water and air temperatures! You should love it!!
Bill

Old 01-05-2010, 02:15 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,864,701 times
L.D. set ya straight on the eateries, and B.H. knows the area extremely well, lots of good food down that way. And....since you have not been there, Fort Macon and the Aquarium are good visits but, far and away the biggest draw to the crystal coast is the fishing. There are charter boats, kinda steep until you figure out the cost of the fish you catch, there are a lot of them, go to the Marina in Morehead City (Atlantic Beach is ocean side, Morehead City is Sound side w/bridge connecting the two) and talk to the captains and/or mates. Also Head boats like the Carolina Princess for bottom fishing trips. The second biggest draw is friendly people and third is a tossup between great weather (most of the time), and......long expanses of mostly deserted beach. It is one of my favorite places on planet Earth.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Um, I noted that deerskin has one post so far and it's the one above...makes me wonder, how about you?
Yes, it does. I have read many reviews about the resort and they are somewhat mixed but mostly okay. We will hope for the best since we are there for a week. That's the chance you take when you book a resort sight unseen as we do with RCI. But in 8 years we have never had a really horrible experience with the properties. Hope this is not going to be the first!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina