Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 11:44 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
No bottom ten list would be complete with the following:

New Mexico - thought that they would beat Colorado State ... wrong.
New Mexico St. - what team has 1st and ten on their own 10 yard line and has a snap over the QBs head for a safety?

San Jose State

Eastern Michigan
Kent State

Western Kentucky - Isn't a national championship in FCS better than 0-12 every season?
Unfortunately NMSU gets to leave this list, being replaced by Minnesota whom they beat on the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 12:55 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
New Mexico State won...they beat Minnesota 28-21.

New Mexico, on the other hand, got absolutely destroyed by Arkansas
52-3.
You are RIGHT! I got my New Mexicos Mixed up Sorry

Old 09-14-2011, 05:01 PM

1,359 posts, read 4,850,258 times
5 spot went to Notre Dame this time. I agree, it should have gone to the Golden Gophers. It's not an upset for ND to blow a big lead and lose at Michigan.

Kudos for putting the Fresno State food stamp scandal on the waiting list. That is classic Fresno. When other schools cheat they give the players cars and money, Fresno State gives them food stamps.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:21 PM

NORTH TEXAs not-so-Mean Green got in at number 8. Hopefully They will televise the game against Alabama This week so I can see how they look against a real team.
I am still looking forward to the game against Indiana, the Not-So-Mean Green have a chance to finally pick up a win at the new Apology Stadium in Denton

Old 09-14-2011, 08:36 PM

977 posts, read 1,956,803 times
Indiana is terrible, but there is a big difference between the bottom of the Big Least and the bottom of the Sun Belt. My guess is they beat North Texas by double digits. The whole Sun Belt should transfer to FCS. So should the MAC.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:21 PM

When I was there, back when Stone Cold Steve Austin played for the Mean Green (That is how old I am ) We were in the FCS It was called Division I-AA
Around that time, Attendence was so bad, that even though we made it to the playoffs, we were not allowed to host a game ....Even though we were a higher seed, we had to play on the road, giving up a game to UN Reno

I think the Problem with North Texas is
First, AD Rick VIllareal who is something we cannot talk about here, and second, a school and program that has enough vision to run a program on the cheap and wonder why it is not paying off.....

Now they have a new stadium, they went on ahead and built a smaller one than they should have, I mean if you want to have a big program build a big stadium. They collected 20 Million for naming rights, which many of us area already calling "Apology" Stadium, as in apologizing to us alumni for once again, fielding a team that looks like it should be in FCS and renamed "North Texas Teachers College"

Old 09-16-2011, 11:01 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,282,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Now they have a new stadium, they went on ahead and built a smaller one than they should have, I mean if you want to have a big program build a big stadium. They collected 20 Million for naming rights, which many of us area already calling "Apology" Stadium, as in apologizing to us alumni for once again, fielding a team that looks like it should be in FCS and renamed "North Texas Teachers College"
I don't know about the stadium... it can expand to sit approximately 50,000 supposedly...

The UNT games I went to last year at Fouts field had maybe 2000 people or less at them. More people were standing around drinking beer in the parking lot than watching the game.

I was surprised to learn that Houston Vs. UNT had over 30,000 people at the game! I watched it on ESPN 3-- in the fist half UNT was pretty competitive (close score), but then Case Keenum and Houston took off in the second half.

I'm excited to be headed to the Indiana game to check out the new stadium. Go (soon to be) Mean Green (again, hopefully)!

Old 09-16-2011, 11:56 AM

I am glad you are getting to go Cyclone. It is a long way from here, but one of these years I amy fly in a catch a game there.
I wish they would draw 50,000 to a game, and if they could field a competitive team, and play on local rivalries like with SMU TCU Even Tulsa is not that far away ...etc that may happen

Old 09-17-2011, 08:40 PM

At Press Time, North Texas still has not scored against the Crimson Tide in the 4th Quarter.
They should keep a good spot on the Bottom 10 Also, Indiana won today so they will be riding the momentum of a win into Denton and Apology Stadium next week

On a lighter note, our new smartphones arrived today. I was searching for a skin to cover it, and I mentioned to my wife that the website I was perusing had none available in teams that I wanted . (In fact they don't even make a North Texas one) She told me that there were skins available that are not sports themed !!!
WOW
I had no idea! Something other than sports?
I can't imagine but I will look into it
Have a good rest of the weekend everyone

Old 09-18-2011, 01:01 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,455,438 times
Western Kentucky getting smoked by FCS Indiana State at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football