Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 10:55 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,893,205 times

Advertisements

The most FBS schools in the nation and some of the best facilities in all of college football. Just a look back at new or rebuilt stadiums since 2000...

- Ford Stadium (SMU)

- Apoge Stadium(North Texas)

- Amon G. Carter Stadium (TCU)

- Robertson Stadium (Houston)

- McLane Stadium (Baylor)

McLane Stadium Construction Update - YouTube

2015-16

- Kyle Field (A&M)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 11:48 AM

693 posts, read 1,107,450 times
- I really like the design of UH's new stadium. Will try to make a game once its open.
- Baylor's new stadium looks like a toilet bowl. Seriously. And it's high comedy that the open end is on the brazos river. It's like God is taking a poop and it's floats right on down the river.
- A&M's planned reno of Kyle Field is impressive. I don't care for the canopies in the top decks. This will be done over two seasons.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:12 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,562,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 979Texan View Post
- I really like the design of UH's new stadium. Will try to make a game once its open.
- Baylor's new stadium looks like a toilet bowl. Seriously. And it's high comedy that the open end is on the brazos river. It's like God is taking a poop and it's floats right on down the river.
- A&M's planned reno of Kyle Field is impressive. I don't care for the canopies in the top decks. This will be done over two seasons.
wow, you sound incredibly bitter.. what school did you go to? Baylor stadium is being referred to as The Colosseum among the student body and the locals. IMO its the nicest looking of all the stadiums listed. obviously you have never seen the Brazos river through central texas as its nothing to scoff at.
UH's stadium (while the red square parts are cool) looks like a glorified high school stadium.
and i dont see whats so impressive about that brown rectangle that will be Kyle field.

Brazos River through Waco...

and the stadium...

and the view from the new stadium...

Old 01-01-2014, 02:17 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,893,205 times
No to insult or anything, but yeah, the roof on Baylor's new stadium does kinda look like a toilet seat.

Which raises the question of why exactly they chose THAT particular roof. It just barely covers the upper deck only. Why have a roof at all?

But either way, it's still a nice design and Baylor will have one of the better stadiums in college football today. You can say that about most the stadiums here, from high school to pro level.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
No to insult or anything, but yeah, the roof on Baylor's new stadium does kinda look like a toilet seat.

Which raises the question of why exactly they chose THAT particular roof. It just barely covers the upper deck only. Why have a roof at all?

But either way, it's still a nice design and Baylor will have one of the better stadiums in college football today. You can say that about most the stadiums here, from high school to pro level.
haha, im aware the roof looks like a white horse shoe from above. but 99.9% of the people are not going to be seeing the stadium from an ariel view.
i agree the roof wont do too much for the eastern side, since the games are often played in the afternoon or evening the roof will shade the whole western side at least, and part of the north end zone. they just wanted the stadium to look uniform i guess.
i think the view across the river will be quite nice and the sail-gating (yes, Sail) should be a very interesting concept.
yes the stadium will be very nice, most on this list are nice.. the guy is just spewing hate towards Baylor for some odd reason (maybe he went to a different school in the Big 12 and mad they won the conference, or maybe hes an Aggie..?).

Old 01-01-2014, 04:46 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,162,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
haha, im aware the roof looks like a white horse shoe from above. but 99.9% of the people are not going to be seeing the stadium from an ariel view.
i agree the roof wont do too much for the eastern side, since the games are often played in the afternoon or evening the roof will shade the whole western side at least, and part of the north end zone. they just wanted the stadium to look uniform i guess.
i think the view across the river will be quite nice and the sail-gating (yes, Sail) should be a very interesting concept.
yes the stadium will be very nice, most on this list are nice.. the guy is just spewing hate towards Baylor for some odd reason (maybe he went to a different school in the Big 12 and mad they won the conference, or maybe hes an Aggie..?).
Shift key on your keyboard doesn't work at the beginning of a sentence? Or is that how you were taught at Baylor?

Baylor is long overdue for a stadium. The tarp will be gone for good, eh?

Old 01-01-2014, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Shift key on your keyboard doesn't work at the beginning of a sentence? Or is that how you were taught at Baylor?

Baylor is long overdue for a stadium. The tarp will be gone for good, eh?
who said i went to Baylor?

Old 01-01-2014, 05:32 PM

3 posts, read 6,658 times
Wow, someone is touchy about the giant toilet bowl on the Brazos. And the scenery in Waco is nothing to write home about.

Old 01-01-2014, 05:48 PM

lol, no i just don't understand the hate. what did Baylor do to this guy (or you for that matter)? he can't even acknowledge anything that's nice about the stadium.

Old 01-01-2014, 10:24 PM

2,326 posts, read 3,932,965 times
The state likes its football.

At the risk of sounding like a big homer, I'll acknowledge what Texas Tech has done to Jones AT&T Stadium in the OP's time span. The university has spent around $135 million to build 84 luxury suites, 1500 club seats, a 3800 sq ft HD video board, and various other enhancements. Around 8000 seats have been added to increase the stadium's overall capacity since 2000 (a record 61,836 showed up for the Oklahoma State game in November, and the Texas State game drew a similar crowd).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football