Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 11:23 AM

1,672 posts, read 2,880,049 times

Advertisements

Alabama and Missouri are the only undefeated teams left in the SEC.

UGA proved itself to be a legit contender for the SEC and BCS titles.

The game vs Bama becomes even larger for LSU.

Will UGA have some sort of letdown vs Tennessee?

Ole Miss's shutout @Bama was the first for the football team since 1998. Offense only gained 205 yards. Average per game: over 400 yards.

Auburn need this win over Ole Miss to keep alive the chances of making it to a decent bowl game.

Next 4 games for Bama. Georgia State, @Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee.

Cant count out Florida or South Carolina out of the race for the SEC East. Missouri is also a surprised in this division.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2013, 01:01 PM

934 posts, read 1,347,403 times
SEC East is stronger this year.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Dawg View Post
SEC East is stronger this year.
Yeah right now it is. but an SEC East team hasnt won the SEC title since 2008.

Sadly we wont see A&M vs South Carolina or Alabama vs Florida this season.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:44 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,107,847 times
Malcolm Mitchell got hurt in the first game at Clemson, but Georgia still managed to beat LSU without Todd Gurley who is the best RB in the NCAA.

The only thing for certain right now is Georgia has the best offense.. I'm not really sure what team has the best defense at the moment.

The team that wins or loses the SEC championship will probably win the national title. The team will have already played the SEC regular season, and the SEC championship game when the playoff starts.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:37 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,331,786 times
LSU's offense is the best I've seen it in years; their defense, on the other hand, is arguably the worst in about the same span of time. Not entirely unexpected though, considering the loads of defensive talent lost to the pros and graduation. Moreover, I don't think the defensive struggles are because of poor talent. There were several times when defenders were just not aware of what Murray was going to do with the ball (heads turned when the ball was nearing the receiver, etc). I'm sure they'll look at the time and see this game as a learning experience. Was a little concerned, too, with how easily UGA ran the ball on LSU's line, which has historically been one of their strengths. I hope that's not a talent issue, but it could be.

Hate to say it but Bama still looks like the most balanced team in the SEC. However, Bama's not so good that they can just cruise to victory. They'll have to be prepared for every game. I also think this could be the year that a non-SEC is going to be Alabama's equal. Oregon, in particular.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:14 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
LSU's offense is the best I've seen it in years; their defense, on the other hand, is arguably the worst in about the same span of time. Not entirely unexpected though, considering the loads of defensive talent lost to the pros and graduation. Moreover, I don't think the defensive struggles are because of poor talent. There were several times when defenders were just not aware of what Murray was going to do with the ball (heads turned when the ball was nearing the receiver, etc). I'm sure they'll look at the time and see this game as a learning experience. Was a little concerned, too, with how easily UGA ran the ball on LSU's line, which has historically been one of their strengths. I hope that's not a talent issue, but it could be.

Hate to say it but Bama still looks like the most balanced team in the SEC. However, Bama's not so good that they can just cruise to victory. They'll have to be prepared for every game. I also think this could be the year that a non-SEC is going to be Alabama's equal. Oregon, in particular.
Or Stanford. Those guys look pretty good, too.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:51 PM

Some early predictions

Georgia State 3
#1 Alabama 40

Tennessee 10
#6 UGA 38

#24 Ole Miss 24
Auburn 21

Arkansas 7
#18 Florida 17

#10 LSU 35
Mississippi State 21

Missouri 31
Vanderbilt 28

Kentucky 10
#13 South Carolina 21

Old 10-01-2013, 03:09 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,180,231 times
Florida's defense is much better than A&M's. But I think Arkansas scores more than 7.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Florida's defense is much better than A&M's. But I think Arkansas scores more than 7.
Maybe so, but this will be the best defense Arkansas has faced so this season. So I lowballed the number, but it will likely be higher when I make my final predictions Friday.

Old 10-01-2013, 04:11 PM

SEC stats from NCAA.org

Total Offense
1. Texas A&M
2. Georgia
3. Missouri
4. South Carolina
5. LSU
6. Mississippi State
7. Auburn
8. Ole Miss
9. Vanderbilt
10. Arkansas
11. Florida
12. Alabama
13. Tennessee
14. Kentucky

Total Defense
1. Florida
2. Mississippi State
3. Alabama
4. Arkansas
5. LSU
6. Ole Miss
7. Vanderbilt
8. Kentucky
9. South Carolina
10. Missouri
11. Georgia
12. Tennessee
13. Auburn
14. Texas A&M
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football