Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 12:05 PM

3,109 posts, read 9,840,568 times

Advertisements

Facebook: Texas did beat OU 45-35, lest we forget. | Facebook

Longhorn fans have really got after this campaign. They will be displaying 45-35 signs at the UT- A&M game and there will be a plane flying over the Stillwater game on Saturday with a flag banner 45-35. Less we forget, Texas beat OU on neutral field, 45-35.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 12:14 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times
if I was texas A&M, I would use that as motivation. talk about a slap in the face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gy2020 View Post
Facebook: Texas did beat OU 45-35, lest we forget. | Facebook

Longhorn fans have really got after this campaign. They will be displaying 45-35 signs at the UT- A&M game and there will be a plane flying over the Stillwater game on Saturday with a flag banner 45-35. Less we forget, Texas beat OU on neutral field, 45-35.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:25 PM

8,980 posts, read 17,294,566 times
Why is the concept of a 3-way tie so hard for you Longhorn fans to understand?

Old 11-25-2008, 12:38 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC 38 View Post

Hmm may we be forgetting Stoops going on TV, Radio, and newspaper campaigning for OU in the title game. SO OU's coach can and UT cant, look up the word hypocritical

Old 11-25-2008, 12:58 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,608,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC 38 View Post
Tell me about it. It called a tie for a reason. Head to Head can't work in a three way tie when everyone beat each other.

Its too bad one of these teams didn't make a statement win when they played each other.

I don't hear Stoops campaigning for anything except a playoff. Here's his press conference from today.
Stoops calls BCS campaigning 'unfortunate,' believes it's turning more coaches toward playoff -- Newsday.com (http://www.newsday.com/sports/college/wire/sns-ap-fbc-t25-oklahoma-bcs,0,1156983.story - broken link)

Last edited by nevergoingback; 11-25-2008 at 01:17 PM..

Old 11-25-2008, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Tell me about it. It called a tie for a reason. Head to Head can't work in a three way tie when everyone beat each other.

Its too bad one of these teams didn't make a statement win when they played each other.

I don't hear Stoops campaigning for anything except a playoff. Here's his press conference from today.
Stoops calls BCS campaigning 'unfortunate,' believes it's turning more coaches toward playoff -- Newsday.com (http://www.newsday.com/sports/college/wire/sns-ap-fbc-t25-oklahoma-bcs,0,1156983.story - broken link)

So he waited til after he went on College football live and said that they are playing the best and deserve to be in there. Or even his appearance on Dan Patricks Radio show, where he said OU is the best team in the Big XII and he believes the country.

But hey that's not campaigning right

Old 11-25-2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
So he waited til after he went on College football live and said that they are playing the best and deserve to be in there. Or even his appearance on Dan Patricks Radio show, where he said OU is the best team in the Big XII and he believes the country.

But hey that's not campaigning right
Links??

Of course they are playing the best football in the Big XII right now. They have one loss and just murdered the undefeated conference leader.

If they beat Okie State they will be the only team to win on the road against one of the top 4 teams in the conference, not to mention that will be the 4th top twenty team OU will have beaten this season (I'm not even counting KU). NO other team in FBS can say that, NOT ONE.

Gotta love it!! Have fun rooting for OUr Sooners again this week and then be pissed when we jump yOUr whorns in the BCS when we beat up OUr little brother.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Links??

Of course they are playing the best football in the Big XII right now. They just murdered the undefeated conference leader.

If they beat Okie State they will be the only team to win on the road against one of the top 4 teams in the conference, not to mention that will be the 4th top twenty team OU will have beaten this season (I'm not even counting KU). NO other team in FBS can say that, NOT ONE.

Well since one was on TV there is no link. The other go to SI find Dan Patrick's site and there's a link to the interview.

It's great they beat TCU and Tech and so on but who was that team they didn't beat....cant think of who it was.......hmmmm, Oh yea TEXAS

I will again ask which loss is worse on the road by 6 or on a neutral site by 10 points?

Quote:
Gotta love it!! Have fun rooting for OUr Sooners again this week and then be pissed when we jump yOUr whorns in the BCS when we beat up OUr little brother.
You really would think the people in the polls would have learned their lesson I mean every time they put in a BCS game you lose. Pretty cocky for a team who has done what in the bowls the past two seasons? But hey West Virgina is a power house right

45-35

Old 11-25-2008, 05:30 PM

Oh and what do people do on Thanksgiving watch football who plays on Thanksgiving Texas. All we have to is beat a team by 30-40 points and we get style points as well. I mean you guys beat them and we beat you so it shouldn't be to hard

45-35 (I will keep putting that because you OU fans seem to have forgotten.)

Old 11-25-2008, 05:35 PM

If OU would happen to lose on Saturday and Taco Tech wins out (including the Big XII CG), you still gonna use your head to head argument? I thought not. silly whorn fans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football