Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 10:16 AM

39 posts, read 105,330 times

Advertisements

I have been to Musashi's and the food was great, but the place was a little run down and if you paid attention you will notice grease all over the cieling/walls...etc.. lol Too bad they dont renovate that place and clean it up.

I like the Hibachi grill style(cook at your table).. any of these other places you all mentioned have hibachi and are good? I dont think I would go back to Musashi's just due to the cleanliness of the place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 10:37 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,959,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elthznd901 View Post
.. any of these other places you all mentioned have hibachi and are good?
Tako is not hibachi. It is more traditional.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:55 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,187,854 times
I appreciate the suggestions, but I 'd sure like to see some credentials behind them... Such as: Where are you from? What makes sushi good vs. bad to you? If the answer is just, 'freashness', then do you have any way of knowing how fresh one place be compared to another?

Sorry, but I don't feel confident trusting the judgement of just any landlubbin CO'an... No offense, but it's kinda like going to Greece and asking where the best local Italian food is.... They kinda know, but not REALLY...

Old 07-09-2009, 06:53 PM

6,825 posts, read 10,531,747 times
Well, you might just have to go try them and see for yourself! BTW, there is (or at least used to be) a sushi place on Academy Blvd way south where it ends ( in fact may have another name there) by Fort Carson and Highway 115 where the Safeway is - by the Broadmoor Bluffs neighborhood. Personally, I like Ai, I had a friend born in Japan and he told me it and Suehiro were his favorites.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:22 AM

47 posts, read 161,103 times
I have been living in Japan for a couple years now and have yet to see a hibachi restaurant here (or at least the american version with the flying spatulas and fires) just actual little coal hibachi grills in your table here where you cook one or 2 pieces of yaki niku at a time. But AI looks great I cant wait to try it as they actually have authentic dishes on their menu. If all else fails I have a small nabemono pot and hibachi grill contraption if I find a good butcher I could whip up some washoku at home

As for the sushi while there is a great variance in quality I am by no means a foodie and would be willing to give most places at least one go round so just knowing where suggested resturants are to begin with is a start!

Old 08-10-2009, 03:15 PM

641 posts, read 2,277,878 times
RR,

I lived in Japan for many years....and can tell you that AI is very good...very authentic. I would recommend it to you.

Momo Sushi is pretty good also, there are North and South Academy locations, but is more sushi than anything else.

There's a really good lil' place off Research and Union called Kura. It's in an Albertson's shopping center. Very creative sushi rolls and nice atmosphere.

Now that I think of it, many of the sushi places here in town are actually Korean run.

I didn't care for Jun's which is up North Academy and Dublin area.
Sushi was kinda' sloppy and not so good, but was made by 2 very caucasian guys....go figure....no offense to anyone reading, but sushi isn't quite right if it isn't made by someone of Asian heritage.

It's like having "authentic" Mexican food made by an Irishman.......yes, it's possible, but would you really want to eat it?

Old 08-13-2009, 11:56 AM

85 posts, read 203,426 times
Anyone been to Sakura? I read a good review on Yelp and got a reco from a self-proclaimed foodie (thanks! btw )

Old 08-13-2009, 01:16 PM

26,226 posts, read 49,085,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terytee View Post
... There's a really good lil' place off Research and Union called Kura. It's in an Albertson's shopping center. Very creative sushi rolls and nice atmosphere....
Misscassandra, this place is in the heart of Briargate, you might find it convenient to work into your itinerary.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:28 PM

85 posts, read 203,426 times
thanks for the reco...I'm checking into hotels in Briargate now. I had thought the Crowne would be good, but I do want to show off the nice new section of town to by bf.

We may stay at the Embassy Suites, we'll see..

Old 08-13-2009, 03:28 PM

26,226 posts, read 49,085,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misscassandra View Post
thanks for the reco...I'm checking into hotels in Briargate now. I had thought the Crowne would be good, but I do want to show off the nice new section of town to by bf.

We may stay at the Embassy Suites, we'll see..
In the B-gate area is a Hilton Garden Inn and my fave, Homewood Suites, right across from the Promenade Shops at B-gate and far enough off of I-25 exit 151 to be quiet. Free breakfast 7-days and usually a light evening meal Mon-Thur nights.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs