Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 09:40 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times

Advertisements

What's really interesting and impressive is to go on Craigslist for Colorado Springs and see all the people who are offering space in their homes - an empty room, or space to park an RV and many offers to take in evacutees' pets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 09:53 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,022,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What's really interesting and impressive is to go on Craigslist for Colorado Springs and see all the people who are offering space in their homes - an empty room, or space to park an RV and many offers to take in evacutees' pets.

Sure wish I was closer - just can't believe all this is happening.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:37 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,575,923 times
If out of town/state/country people want to get a live, online feed, I've been watching www.kktv.com/video/live since Saturday. Having lived in Pinecliffe for ten years, and Divide for 35 (including the 10 we were in the Springs), all this hits so close to home.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:12 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,378,408 times
I go hiking at Blodgett peak all the time, from the maps I can see alot of it is burned, so sad.

Old 06-28-2012, 03:26 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
I go hiking at Blodgett peak all the time, from the maps I can see alot of it is burned, so sad.
Any word on your house Ryan?

Old 06-28-2012, 04:40 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,378,408 times
As far as I know, the fire hasn't jumped Centennial blvd, so I'm good, but I don't trust this fire, we could have a repeat of tuesday.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:28 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,489,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
As far as I know, the fire hasn't jumped Centennial blvd, so I'm good, but I don't trust this fire, we could have a repeat of tuesday.
Hi Ryan. What is the word on Chipita Park as far as the fire is concerned? Thanks.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:16 AM

5,296 posts, read 7,238,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
If out of town/state/country people want to get a live, online feed, I've been watching www.kktv.com/video/live since Saturday. Having lived in Pinecliffe for ten years, and Divide for 35 (including the 10 we were in the Springs), all this hits so close to home.
Thanks for the link.

I lived in Rockrimmon for about 8 years,(Raven Hills Rd.) had a morning paper route, loved seeing the Garden of the Gods and Eagles flying to greet the new day.
Went to High School on the Academy grounds, worked at some of the Air Force football games, good times.
This still seems surreal.

Old 06-28-2012, 05:39 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,238,034 times
Nice article here, I graduated 1975..it echoes much of how many of us probably feel.

Waldo Canyon fire threatens author's childhood Colorado Springs home, triggering memories - Yahoo! Sports

I might have even delivered the morning paper there...good times

Old 06-28-2012, 08:23 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,865,336 times
I have been watching the local news feed online since Tuesday and following the minute by minute updates at gazette.com. My brother and sis in law moved to the Springs about 7 years ago, I spent a week in June of 2010 and fell absolutely in love with your city and the area. They live near the intersection of Woodmen and Orchard Valley and have been on mandatory evacuation. Wonderful friends east of 25 have made them welcome, first on Saturday night and then since Tuesday afternoon. From all we can tell, their home is fine, but still no absolute confirmation.

I think your city should be immensely proud of the wonderful response by the citizens. It makes me tear up to hear of all the acts of service people have done for others. To think of the numerous firemen that have spent 48 hours straight and then a few hours napping on pavement... I can't begin to think of the enormous sacrifice men and women have paid. And as heartbreaking as losing a home can be, to have no deaths or serious injuries reported so far, what a blessing.

The landscape being scarred hurts my heart. Those hills rising from the northwest side were so beautiful. It takes a long time for a tree to grow back. A house can be rebuilt in a few months time.

OK, I'm rambling, the house thing sounds trite, it will be difficult for many people in the days and months ahead. My prayers are with all of you in the Springs. I hope all of you are proud of your wonderful city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs