Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 06:30 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,378,962 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 06:49 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,867,128 times
Losing a life in a tragedy is certainly a tragic thing. Most of us will face loss of someone close to us in a tragic way and the pain is unspeakable.

But losing a home and one's surroundings is still a horribly traumatic experience even if everyone is safe. Will never, ever tell someone flippantly to not be upset about that loss. Yes, in the bigger scheme of things, it is all stuff that can be replaced. That doesn't lessen the severity of the tragedy for those going through it.

Hope that isn't feeding a troll, but it has to be said.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:09 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,378,962 times
Well said.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:12 PM

1,809 posts, read 3,192,847 times
I hiked up the ridge at Ute Valley park last week. Was interesting to see what burned and what didn't. I saw a yard where a house burnt down, half the grass was burnt, the other half was green. A section where 6 consecutive houses burnt down while a house across the street was undamaged. Another street where several houses were burnt down but a swingset in the backyard of one of the houses was untouched. Lastly, a large section of trees that burnt, a single tree in the middle of it was unburnt.

I also saw a section of burnt grass in Ute Valley park from a spot fire. This thing did jump Centennial briefly, luckily it didn't get very fire.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:08 PM

2,646 posts, read 1,847,522 times
[quote=BE THANKFUL YOU WOKE UP AND YOUR LOVED ONES ARE THERE WHEN YOU OPEN YOUR EYES...think about that before you start complaining about a pile of wood and cement thats all im sayin..[/QUOTE]

The loss of your home and sense of security is very devastating. We may be near the fire zone; but not in it. It is like a war zone. Please, hearts are still breaking. Why judge how people feel. Their lives are upside down; they need to be strong and have hope, not have people knocking them down, while they are recovering and rebuilding their lives.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:31 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,023,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
The loss of your home and sense of security is very devastating. We may be near the fire zone; but not in it. It is like a war zone. Please, hearts are still breaking. Why judge how people feel. Their lives are upside down; they need to be strong and have hope, not have people knocking them down, while they are recovering and rebuilding their lives.
Exactly - no one is debating that human life is more important.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:39 AM

16 posts, read 25,499 times
First off my comment come from experience i have lost 4 family members in a tragic death from disasters and all i said was think about the family and loved ones that are still alive and there for you to see.. I am not belittling the lose of a home ..i am saying think of the blessing that is still there for you ..some of you are so quick to growl and snap before you think about the comment that you thought was meant to be mean ..think of the people who have lost love ones that they cant get back my comment was not taking away from there loss of property but to say BE THANKFUL FOR THE LIVES OF LOVED ONES THAT ARE STILL HERE..and thanks i am a HAPPY LITTLE TROLL

Old 07-09-2012, 01:06 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,867,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_she_aint_me View Post
First off my comment come from experience i have lost 4 family members in a tragic death from disasters and all i said was think about the family and loved ones that are still alive and there for you to see.. I am not belittling the lose of a home ..i am saying think of the blessing that is still there for you ..some of you are so quick to growl and snap before you think about the comment that you thought was meant to be mean ..think of the people who have lost love ones that they cant get back my comment was not taking away from there loss of property but to say BE THANKFUL FOR THE LIVES OF LOVED ONES THAT ARE STILL HERE..and thanks i am a HAPPY LITTLE TROLL
So sorry for your loss. That is awful.

But do go back and read your previous post. You chided people for complaining. That is not helpful in a time when all of ones belongings and place to live are gone. No, in the big scheme it isn't the same, I am sure those affected that didn't lose any life are aware that things could be much worse. But it is still a traumatic experience and you did heap guilt on people for the difficult circumstance they are in and deserved to be taken to task for it. It was completely insensitive.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:36 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,274,022 times
I may be late posting here, I didn't even think to show C. Springs some love on city data.

But Colorado Springs is my hometown and my prayers go out to everyone involved in this catastrophic event. My deepest sympathies to those who lost their homes.

stoneclaw/C2H (ComingtoHouston)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs