Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 09:40 AM

1,938 posts, read 7,126,349 times

Advertisements

I am looking at remodeling the kitchen- finally! It is sooo ugly! But full of character with 70s cabinets that have been painted brown, white, and now green, counter tops that date to the 70s with the fake marble look! It works, but with possibly moving and trying to sell or rent the house, it is a must! (We are staying in CO!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
We are doing the remodel ourselves to save $. (Go DIY network!) I watched a DIY show that had a couple who went to IKEA and bought cabinets that they had to put together themselves- beautiful designer cabinets and a fraction of the cost. Do you have any recommendations between here and Denver/Pueblo that sells stock cabinets that we can assemble or cheap cabinets. I want to spend no more than $200+/- a cabinet. Obviously I have hit Lowes and Home Depot. Other advice is greatly welcomed.
Here is the website that I am looking at now and am considering ordering through-
Kitchen Cabinets :: High Quality :: Affordable Prices :: RTA Kitchen Cabinets

Thanks guys! and gals!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 10:46 AM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
There is a new Kitchen place in the strip of 'home' stores off of Woodmen and I-25 on Corporate Center Drive, sits off to the side. There are furniture and mattress stores in there, a home electronics store, a tile/flooring store and this place with the wildest kitchen ideas. I think it closes at 3PM on Saturdays.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:39 AM

Thanks Mike!! I knew someone on the north end would know something!
Lynette

Old 01-31-2009, 11:40 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,464,513 times
I do not know of any off hand but I will ask around today and post my information here.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:50 AM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggin4colorado View Post
Thanks Mike!! I knew someone on the north end would know something!
Lynette
Ya know, it just strikes me as funny that many of the better home builders, like Keller and Classic, et al, have very good design studios, that are ONLY open to their new home buyers. We spent days in the Keller studio picking out the stuff for our home. It seems funny that they don't offer their services to the public so they can keep their sub-contractors busy with remodeling work during these off times for new home construction.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:52 AM

140 posts, read 441,132 times
Sometimes you can find some good deals at the Habitat Restore...

Old 01-31-2009, 12:34 PM

454 posts, read 1,225,173 times
Habitat Restore is a very expensive place to go. They were selling regular tile for what it sells at Home Depot for. There cabinets go for about 150 a piece and up which is crazy IMO. And they sell alot of Retro stuff like pinks toilets and aqua sinks. It sounds like you already have that stuff. Joking. But check out Craiglist since some builders do sell new stuff that someone didn't want in the new houses. The cheapest I found was honestly the Home Depot. Most of the cabinets stores wanted around 4k for cabinets and my kitchen is only 11x10. If order cabinets look at the shipping prices because that is what stopped us form oredering online. I also wanted to mention that I have been redoing our Victorian for the last few years and most of those cheap prices they show you on the DIY channels I have never found. The only thing you save on it labor (which is alot of money) and the pride of doing it yourself is priceless!

Old 01-31-2009, 04:33 PM

We just got back from Habitat and didn't find anything.

Old 01-31-2009, 05:02 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,167,940 times
I heard that IKEA is planning on opening a store in the south Denver Park Meadows area. Not sure when its planned to open though.

Old 02-01-2009, 03:53 AM

565 posts, read 1,847,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Ya know, it just strikes me as funny that many of the better home builders, like Keller and Classic, et al, have very good design studios, that are ONLY open to their new home buyers. We spent days in the Keller studio picking out the stuff for our home. It seems funny that they don't offer their services to the public so they can keep their sub-contractors busy with remodeling work during these off times for new home construction.
I hate to tell you this, but Classic Homes has one of the worst records of problems and complaints in the Colorado Springs area. Of national builders, they are not ranked in the top builders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs