Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 05:08 AM

3 posts, read 33,087 times

Advertisements

I have been recommended by my doctor to go there for the healing waters. I am overweight and the best way he said for me to get thinnner is to swim as often as I can, and soak in hot waters when I need to rest. I live in Oklahoma, and would like to know how much rental homes are there and if there are ones that are reasonably priced in or near the city. All information and help is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 10:50 AM

6,288 posts, read 11,777,391 times
I can't give you specifics, hopefully someone else here can. My guess is that it's a little pricey because it's a tourist draw, but shouldn't be as pricey as Durango, Steamboat Springs, or some of the other resort areas.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:28 AM

529 posts, read 1,325,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420allday View Post
I have been recommended by my doctor to go there for the healing waters. I am overweight and the best way he said for me to get thinnner is to swim as often as I can, and soak in hot waters when I need to rest. I live in Oklahoma, and would like to know how much rental homes are there and if there are ones that are reasonably priced in or near the city. All information and help is greatly appreciated.
It's very expensive in Pagosa Springs. However, my grandparents used to rent a nice furnished lodge in South Fork east of PG over Wolf Creek Pass pretty inexpensively.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:59 PM
SYS

339 posts, read 1,171,916 times
As an alternative you might want to look into Glenwood like Doc Holliday once did...

Old 07-12-2010, 10:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,082 times
Default Pagosa Springs Rental Information

Pagosa Springs rentals are not expensive right now. Many second home owners are very motivated to rent their homes are in competition with other home owners. I suggest checking out the classifieds in the Pagosa Sun online edition. Lots of selection and many of them are very close to our world famous hot springs.
West
[ mod cut ]

Last edited by Mike from back east; 07-13-2010 at 08:25 AM.. Reason: Realtor advertising.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:23 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,889,319 times
What kind of "doctor" told you this? I would find a different doctor first......

Last edited by Mike from back east; 07-13-2010 at 08:25 AM..

Old 07-12-2010, 11:07 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,672,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerMunkee View Post
What kind of "doctor" told you this?
One with a home in Pagosa Springs to sell!

If one is overweight splashing around in a hot springs aint gonna solve the problem. And there are plenty of other hot springs in CO.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 07-13-2010 at 08:26 AM..

Old 07-13-2010, 08:28 AM

26,211 posts, read 49,027,375 times
The part about swimming is actually excellent advice as it burns a lot of calories and does not pound the joints and back like running. I guess some folks just have the munchies all day....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:32 AM

3 posts, read 33,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYS View Post
As an alternative you might want to look into Glenwood like Doc Holliday once did...

Is Glenwood less expensive than Pagosa Springs? I have looked at properties for sale and they seem reasonable in the Pagosa Springs area, and just need a rental because my credit isn't good enough to buy a home. And I don't need a different doctor, he pretty much knows what will be good for me. I put on weight not from eating too much, but rather from not moving around and being as active as I used to be. I started excercising, then the doc said I need to watch my bp and a lot of exercises put too much strain on my knees and lower back. He doesn't think I need bariatric surgery, since I have been thin most of my life, he wants to see me doing what excercise I can as often as I can, and highly recommeds swimming. If the water is warm enough for me to swim year around, including hot tubs to step into when I am a bit chilled, then that would be ideal for me.

I am a disabled veteran, so I have a limited income, but it is a steady one, and can afford up to $900 a month for at least a two bedroom, and that would have to include deposits like a pet deposite because I have two dogs. Both dogs are in the procress of becoming certified service animals...I have ptsd and get bad nightmares, and where people couldn't help, my two dogs have helped immeasurably. One is a cockapoo, a tiny dog I got five years ago after my aunt died, and he is not almost 13 yrs old,and a pit bull that is the most docile submissive creature you will even meet. My little cockapoo tells her what to do, lol. I knew the people that had her for the first year, and they had trained her almost too well..she was pretty fearful, but has now adapted better, and both my dogs get along great. I hope that there will be no prejudice against Bailey, the pit bull. Anyone that meets her in person can see right away how gently she is.

The only thing I am worried about is I have lived in a house for three years in OK, and only hope they will understand when I make the move. I found the house through the church, they hadn't even put it in the paper yet..it was through that I found that sometimes it is not just "official sources", but sometimes just a case of being in the right place at the right time that can make things all come together.

I just want a place no more than a long (five mile) walk to the hot springs to swim in.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:43 AM

3 posts, read 11,971 times
it is a beautiful place
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado