Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 08:58 AM

27 posts, read 69,816 times

Advertisements

Wannaroo actually that first image seems pretty good although it's in New Zealand so I'd love to see a comparable image in Colorado or at least know where they would be...those mountain ranges do have a decent range of top heights and it's jagged enough...could you perhaps list some places to live in Colorado that would have those types of views from it? ...and I'm not dismissing your Cascades suggestion I'll make a new thread in the Washington section because it looks absolutely gorgeous from google images, your expertise is much appreciated. Thank You!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 12:36 PM

536 posts, read 1,540,020 times
Try the Appalachian Mountains....

Old 01-31-2013, 04:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,001 times
OK, Colorado, someone has to tell you that there is toilet paper stuck to your shoe.
I am from the Midwest and have visited Colorado every few months for ten yers. My impression of Colorado is that it is dirty, overdeveloped and overpriced. Camping in Colorado is like parking in a trailer park. The quality of everything is poor. There is no workmanship, no pride. Developers have spoiled the whole thing. If that wasnt bad enough, now you have fracking. Colorado is used up.
Too bad.
Like toilet paper on your shoe- its gross.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:27 AM

8,317 posts, read 29,491,301 times
Though SeniorCitizen's post above is somewhat of a generalization, his/her perception of what development has done to Colorado is pretty spot-on. The state has had to endure decades of tacky, ill-planned, poorly constructed, architecturally tasteless development that would widely be considered an eyesore--were it not for the fact that most modern Americans have been so immersed and brainwashed by that type of suburban crap development that they actually think it is OK. I guess that if all one has lived in all one's life is a pile of horse manure, one really doesn't notice that it smells bad--and that someone who points that out gets flamed for being so "clueless."

I maintain that Colorado still boasts one of the most beautiful geographies on the planet, but one increasingly has to look over the top of bunch of real ugliness to see it. In that sense, Colorado is getting quickly "used up."

Old 01-31-2013, 05:55 PM

90 posts, read 318,135 times
Nothing from gemcraver since June???

How was your trip? What did you like? What surprised you?

Fracking: The Greenies and Lefties are lying to you. Fracking doesn't ruin the environment. Check out the Access TV show: FrackNation. You may actually learn something. (Like, there isn't a single instance of water supply being damaged by fracking.)

Sheesh!

- KK

Old 01-31-2013, 08:15 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,693,022 times
Yes how did Gemcravers plans turn out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado